Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #376
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
I wonder which village this was in. I agree with those who say it looks more Poly than CBR, and I like the current "Nemo" decor better. Much more vibrant and colorful. This design is all browns and kind of boring. However, I do like the steel drum table and what looked like sliding doors to replace the curtain separating the sink area from the rest of the room. We'll be there 2 weeks from tomorrow and I'll have to do some snooping/asking around.
I have a travel agent friend who is in Disney right now. She's going to try and work in the time to do some snooping for us Disers.

If you find anything out during your stay, please let us know!

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #377
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I like it but I think that there should be more color in the room. Not just a colorful shower curtain.
I agree about needing more color. I think that is what I don't like. I do think it looks like that *could* be a pull-out type bed under the tv. If that is the case, I wonder if it will end up more like POR, where only one or two villages are like this, and the rest are themed a little different.

Doesn't really matter, we're booked with a discount that I think has expired, paid in full, and I'm not messing with it now. Also thinking there is no way they will be done by June, so we'll beg for an old room.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #378
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Had expected all the mods to offer Queen bedding eventually, certainly later in this case

decor is interesting, rather sleek and modern imo and I do like it, but if you'd show the pictures 'blindly' doubt many would be able to guess the actual resort by the theme...almost more tahitian vibe.

i do believe they need to go with a bright, disney themed print to give a pop of color in the main area.

Last edited by keishashadow; 03-19-2013 at 09:07 PM.
keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #379
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

So excited!! Just made our final payment yesterday ..not long to go now! I cant wait to see CBR in person...all the pics on this thread have me already in love with the place
*~PrincessBelle~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #380
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Does anyone remember how long it took the POR rooms to be refurbed or the pirate rooms to be made over? Wondering about a time frame.
The first artwork survey for the Royal Room concept happened in August 2010, and in the meantime French Quarter started its Refurb at the start of November 2010 (a FQ test room existed several months before that) taking about six months to complete.

The first officially released photos of a Royal test room layout at POR were on 17 June 2011, although there had been supervised travel agent viewings (no photos allowed) a few weeks before that.

Work started in earnest on the first Royal Room building (Oak Manor) at the start of 2012, with a target opening date for those 256 rooms of 17 Feb 2012 (which ended up being delayed until 9 March).

The 16 x 64-room Alligator Bayou lodges (which are the ones with the fold-down beds) were done in sequence, with each building taking approx 2 weeks to complete.

The whole Riverside project took about 18 months to complete, with one building at a time being taken down for refurb (although there was some overlap).

It looks like Disney might have taken note of the issue of limited storage space within the new AB lodges though, as these photos seem to show an extra set of storage drawers. One side will be a matching front for the fridge housing though. (They also clearly show the photographer in a mirror in one shot, so I hope it's not an undercover CM! )

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 03-20-2013 at 11:27 AM.
andrewilley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #381
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The first artwork survey for the Royal Room concept happened in August 2010, and in the meantime French Quarter started its Refurb at the start of November 2010 (a FQ test room existed several months before that) taking about six months to complete.

The first officially released photos of a Royal test room layout at POR were on 17 June 2011, although there had been supervised travel agent viewings (no photos allowed) a few weeks before that.

Work started in earnest on the first Royal Room building (Oak Manor) at the start of 2012, with a target opening date for those 256 rooms of 17 Feb 2012 (which ended up being delayed until 9 March).

The 16 x 64-room Alligator Bayou lodges (which are the ones with the fold-down beds) were done in sequence, with each building taking approx 2 weeks to complete.

The whole Riverside project took about 18 months to complete, with one building at a time being taken down for refurb (although there was some overlap).

It looks like Disney might have taken note of the issue of limited storage space within the new AB lodges though, as these photos seem to show an extra set of storage drawers. One side will be a matching front for the fridge housing though. (They also clearly show the photographer in a mirror in one shot, so I hope it's not an undercover CM! )

Andre
Thanks so much for the timeline Andre! I noticed that extra storage area too.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #382
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

the beds dont look like queens...do they?? they still look like doubles in the pics....Im not loving the brown at all....sigh the one thing that attracted me to Carribean beach was all the pretty vibrant colors. I will be down on the 6th of May too and see if I can see anything...lol can you imagine us all snooping about with our cameras hahaha (cue the mission impossible music here) agent pktbmouse...on it..lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #383
Magalex
DIS Veteran

It was so easy to get a discount offer/pin code for CBR. Now for the next two years(just like POR) everyone will want to book CBR & we will see the tides change on the boards with lots of love to CBR due to the new room updates. I like the more modern colors. Now adults visitors won't complain about too much Nemo.
WDW 2010-POP
WDW 2012-CBR
DL/DCA 2013-Candy Cane Inn
Sea World Orlando June 2014-Marriott Grande Vista
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #384
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
the beds dont look like queens...do they?? they still look like doubles in the pics....Im not loving the brown at all....sigh the one thing that attracted me to Carribean beach was all the pretty vibrant colors. I will be down on the 6th of May too and see if I can see anything...lol can you imagine us all snooping about with our cameras hahaha (cue the mission impossible music here) agent pktbmouse...on it..lol
I wish that we could see how much room is in between the two beds because then, we'd be able to figure out whether or not the beds are now queens.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #385
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
So excited!! Just made our final payment yesterday ..not long to go now! I cant wait to see CBR in person...all the pics on this thread have me already in love with the place
Let's Celebrate your accomplishment !! Now you can relax and get your lists ready for packing.

DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to July 2014 Disneyland Resort Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3238071

DD 14 ME 55 April 2nd --24 yr old - Issac --------------- Us To Disney ---------------
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
(July 2014 DLR - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center)
RHMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #386
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
Congrats on paying off the trip! If you think the pictures are pretty, just wait until you see it in person. It's gorgeous!

Old 03-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #387
LadyZy
Earning My Ears

I'll be staying at CBR in about a month for the first time and I'll have a one year old with me. I have requested a Pack N Play for the room. Question is, where do they put it? I've seen a lot of room pictures here, but no obvious space for the crib. Has anyone here had any experience with this or pictures?

LadyZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #388
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyZy
I'll be staying at CBR in about a month for the first time and I'll have a one year old with me. I have requested a Pack N Play for the room. Question is, where do they put it? I've seen a lot of room pictures here, but no obvious space for the crib. Has anyone here had any experience with this or pictures?
You have a couple options. Between the bed closest to the door and the window. Between the other bed and the wall by the bathroom. In the sink area opposite the bathroom door. The last option is usually preferred because you can close the curtain that separates the sink area from the sleeping area.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #389
LadyZy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
You have a couple options. Between the bed closest to the door and the window. Between the other bed and the wall by the bathroom. In the sink area opposite the bathroom door. The last option is usually preferred because you can close the curtain that separates the sink area from the sleeping area.
Thanks! It didn't look like there was enough room in any of those places.

LadyZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #390
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyZy

Thanks! It didn't look like there was enough room in any of those places.
You're welcome. It's hard to tell by pictures. The room really is bigger than it seems.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: