Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #331
PA Disneymania
Mouseketeer

CBR vs CSR

DH and I prefer CSR because of the bus transportation. We fly so we use the buses exclusively. While staying at CBR 3 summers ago, we experienced very long waits for buses upon leaving from the parks. We do often stay until close to closing. However, we saw buses come and go and come and go for other resorts including the budget without any coming for CBR. In the mornings (we are rope drop people as well) on more than one occasion the bus was full when it arrived at Martinique so we would have to wait for another bus, which 15 minutes later was likely full as well. Last year we stayed at CSR and each stop had a CM organizing the lines and calling for an additional bus if the bus was full. While sometimes the wait was an additional 15 minutes, we were assured that we would get on the bus rather than those just arriving who would push to the front. If you are staying at CBR plan on at least 1 hour in the am and 2 or more to return to your hotel unless you come and go at off times. Even so, there are 7 stops within the resort.
CBR is a beautiful resort, but so is CSR. I have heard from people who have not stayed there that it is not friendly to children. My children loved the pool and the food and there were many other children there as well.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #332
jollygreengirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
For those at the resort now (or have been recently), how are the rooms looking? Lots of wear and tear or still pretty good shape? That's one thing I worry about if we stay here in August...
We stayed at CBR for the first time this weekend and I was really disappointed with our room. Trinidad 3506 was so stinky and the curtains even had mildew. The pirate theming was very cute and my ds adored it (which was the whole point in staying there), but I wasn't impressed with the cleanliness or upkeep of our room. Holes in the wall, sticky goo on various tabletops, rust and mildew around the AC unit...not Disney quality, IMO.

If we had been booked longer than the weekend, I would've switched rooms. It was very quiet and the grounds were pretty, but I regret staying there this trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #333
Princess SarahK
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for this thread! We just booked CBR for our Babymoon coming up! Just a quick 4 day/3 night trip but it'll be plenty since we'll be taking everything slower as I'll be about 5 months pregnant while we're there. Just looking through these pictures and reading all of your posts has gotten me so excited!! I've stayed here before and have absolutely loved it each time! We will be there 4/5-4/8...I'd love to stay longer but DH isn't as "passionate" (read: crazy) as WDW as I am!

Quick question though...we are utilizing ME for this trip and I'm curious how we will get from the check-in building to our building? Can they take us on a golf cart? Since I'll be 5 months pregnant I'd rather not have to push the suitcase all that way (well, I'd rather not have DH push them all that way!! ). Also, I want to get a Jamaica or Aruba building so we can be first on the route for the buses and I'd really like to be able to get a seat on them..do you think I should wait til we check in to make that request or call and ask them now? We're 24 days away now so I know if I were to do it, nows the time to get going!

TIA everyone!! Can't wait to be back at CBR soon!!

Old 03-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #334
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess SarahK View Post
Quick question though...we are utilizing ME for this trip and I'm curious how we will get from the check-in building to our building? Can they take us on a golf cart? Since I'll be 5 months pregnant I'd rather not have to push the suitcase all that way (well, I'd rather not have DH push them all that way!! ). Also, I want to get a Jamaica or Aruba building so we can be first on the route for the buses and I'd really like to be able to get a seat on them..do you think I should wait til we check in to make that request or call and ask them now? We're 24 days away now so I know if I were to do it, nows the time to get going!

They do have a bus that will take you to your building. No need to walk!

I would call and have your request for Jamaica or Aruba noted now. And you may want to add a request for a first floor room, so you don't have to do the stairs.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #335
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess SarahK
Thanks everyone for this thread! We just booked CBR for our Babymoon coming up! Just a quick 4 day/3 night trip but it'll be plenty since we'll be taking everything slower as I'll be about 5 months pregnant while we're there. Just looking through these pictures and reading all of your posts has gotten me so excited!! I've stayed here before and have absolutely loved it each time! We will be there 4/5-4/8...I'd love to stay longer but DH isn't as "passionate" (read: crazy) as WDW as I am!

TIA everyone!! Can't wait to be back at CBR soon!!
How exciting! Like maxiesmom said, ni need to walk after checking in. If you do not get your luggage at the airport and have ME deliver it to your room, you can take the internal shuttle. If you have your luggage with you, Bell Services will drive you and your luggage to your room in one of their vans. Have a great trip!!

Also just as maxiesmom suggested, call now and have your requests added to your reservation.

Last edited by dansdad; 03-12-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #336
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Hello Everyone - Fort Worth will see 70 degrees today. WOW!!! Disney is getting so close. Ready for this? Pulled out the suit cases We went pre-disney shopping yesterday, Nike tennis shoes for Midori OMG !!!!! 125.00 all I can say is Salmon color shoes are cute. Went to Victoria Secret to purchase a back pack for Disney also. Midori on spring break is expensive, she is on the internet shopping.

DD 13 is eye awakening - Sephora makeup, Urban Decay palette. I had to get her a Makeup Vanity last week. My lttle girl is growing up......

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 15 - (Learning How To - ) ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009,

WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013, DLR 2014
Old 03-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #337
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

No elevators?

I read somewhere that there are no elevators in any of the buildings. Is this true?

ME DH DS
Disneyland- hundreds of times
Disneyland Hotel 6/05,12/05
Disney Fairytale Wedding@Disneyland 6/05
WDW 2/04, 6/05, 5/12, 10/14, 10/15
Port Orleans Riverside 2/04 & 6/05
All Star Movies Resort 5/12
Coronado Springs 10/9/14
Port Orleans French Quarter 9/30/15
Disney Wonder 6/05
Disney Dream 4/12
Disney Fantasy 10/18/14 & 10/10/15
Old 03-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #338
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytalelover View Post
I read somewhere that there are no elevators in any of the buildings. Is this true?
Yes. But the stairs are pretty gradual, not long sets.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #339
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No elevators. I just posted pictures of the stairs over on the CBR pic thread. Like the previous poster said, they are gradual with a landing in between.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #340
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. Maybe we will request the bottom floor. Not that we are against walking, but after a long day of walking at the parks I think those stairs will feel like that long hallway in "Poltergeist"

ME DH DS
Coronado Springs 10/9/14
Disney Wonder 6/05
Disney Dream 4/12
Disney Fantasy 10/18/14 & 10/10/15
Old 03-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #341
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Maybe we will request the bottom floor. Not that we are against walking, but after a long day of walking at the parks I think those stairs will feel like that long hallway in "Poltergeist"
As long as you don't have a huge stroller to lug, not at all. We actually make 2nd floor one of our requests. Even though there are no balconies, we like having our morning coffee outside overlooking the courtyards and like the view from the 2nd floor.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #342
Rivergirl2005
Mouseketeer

Whats the bus route for CBR? I am planning on being in the pirate rooms...is this a good area? Will we get on the buses in the morning for early rope drop?
Old 03-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #343
mxkris
Mouseketeer

It's official! We'll be BACK at CBR in 200 days!!! Man, that sounds so far away! I know it'll be here before I know it though! This will be our 2nd stay at CBR. We just stayed in September 2012. DBF and I really loved it and just couldn't pick anywhere else! We're hooked!

Wilderness Lodge -1994 Fort Wilderness Cabin - May 2004 - HS Graduation Offsite - September 2010 CBR - September 2012 CBR - September 2013 runDisney Enchanted 10k - February 2014 OKW runDisney Tot Ten Miler! - October 2014 POP
Old 03-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #344
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivergirl2005 View Post
Whats the bus route for CBR?
It depends on which entrance the bus uses.

Quote:
I am planning on being in the pirate rooms...is this a good area?
The rooms are really cool. Just be aware that the Pirate Rooms are in Trinidad South which is the farthest village from OPR and the Main Pool. However, even from the furthert point of Trinidad South it's about a 9 minute stroll at a very leisurely pace. Plus it's a beautiful walk.

Quote:
Will we get on the buses in the morning for early rope drop?
CBR only has bus transportation, so unless you have a car or take a taxi you will have to get on a bus.

I hope you have an awesome trip. CBR is our favorite moderate!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:07 AM   #345
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
No elevators. I just posted pictures of the stairs over on the CBR pic thread. Like the previous poster said, they are gradual with a landing in between.
I can't find your CBR pic thread

ME DH DS
Coronado Springs 10/9/14
Disney Wonder 6/05
Disney Dream 4/12