Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #3331
DBDiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribear View Post
Does anyone know if there are any connecting rooms with a king bed in one room and 2 doubles in the other? Thanks!
I can't speak from experience, but I swore I read somewhere on the board that connecting rooms are only ever the same type of beds. So two kings would connect, and two doubles would connect. But not a mix of the two.

DisDads Member #767

Apr '89 - Day trip to MK
May '10 - Weeklong stay at CBR
Sep '11 - Day trip to MK while on honeymoon
Jul '14 - Weeklong stay at CBR
Old 04-23-2014, 06:36 PM   #3332
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribear View Post
Does anyone know if there are any connecting rooms with a king bed in one room and 2 doubles in the other? Thanks!
There sure are. We've done this several times.
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #3333
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezB View Post
Next 3 months can go fast enough!!! My second time here ...
Next 3 days can't go fast enough for me My second time here too!!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #3334
caribear
I love WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_guy View Post
There sure are. We've done this several times.
Thanks for the info! Do they tell you that it is just a request and it might not be met? We are going with my sister's family and she basically would like the kids in one room and herself and her husband in the connecting king room. We would put one adult and one child in each room on the reservation...as I think there cannot be 2 children by themselves on a room reservation, right? My kids, DH and I always share 1 room.....so I have no clue how the 2 room reservation works. Thanks for your help!
Disney Dream 01/29/2012 RCCL Navigator of the Seas 4-night Western Caribbean 2/17/2011 RCCL Oasis of the Seas 11/6/2010 - an incredible family vacation!!
Disney Magic 2/6/10 - Western Caribbean 8 night adventure!, Disney Wonder - Bahamas 5/06, Caribbean Princess- Eastern Caribbean 12/05, Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean 12/01, Sovereign of the Seas - Pre-Honeymoon cruise 03/01, Carnival Sensation- Western Caribbean 9/98
Old 04-23-2014, 08:35 PM   #3335
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribear
Do they tell you that it is just a request and it might not be met?
The phone CMs usually will not inform you it's only a request. Some may go so far to say you are guaranteed connecting rooms. But they are only a request.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:39 AM   #3336
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
The phone CMs usually will not inform you it's only a request. Some may go so far to say you are guaranteed connecting rooms. But they are only a request.
Yeah, officially it's only a request but we have always gotten it, too. Twice during the very busy Christmas-New Years Day season.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:56 AM   #3337
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Any more news about confirmation of trundle beds? Will CBR be able to sleep 5?
Old 04-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #3338
sdomino11
Earning My Ears

Greeting/Post Cards

We'll be at CBR for Mother's Day and I want to send a card to my mom and MIL. I'd prefer to send Disney cards-- does the shop at CBR have greeting cards or post cards? Stamps?
Old 04-28-2014, 12:04 PM   #3339
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdomino11 View Post
We'll be at CBR for Mother's Day and I want to send a card to my mom and MIL. I'd prefer to send Disney cards-- does the shop at CBR have greeting cards or post cards? Stamps?
I don't remember ever seeing any greeting cards but they do have post cards. I always bring my own stamps but I am pretty sure that they sell them in the store there.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 04-28-2014, 01:16 PM   #3340
Meldev
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdomino11 View Post
This is a good question - I've read a bit about the coconuts you can send. Anyone know what they cost?

First Family Visit (Mom/Dad 3 kids) - Oct 2010 - POR
Second Family Visit (Mom/Dad 4 kids) - 2014- CBR
Old 04-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #3341
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Got home last night. It was another great stay. We had room 2224 in Martinique. However, we actually had the Barbados beach right outside our door, and the Barbados quiet pool was closer than the Martinique pool. It was a real nice location. a 4-5 minute walk to OPR and even a short walk to the Custom House. We walked to our room from the Custom House after checking in and back there yesterday to catch Magical Express back to MCO . Room was just fine, no musty smell or anything (although we have never had that issue), and mousekeeping was good every day.

The weather was phenomenal all week. Not a drop of rain the entire 7 days we were there (although I understand it was real rainy the day before we arrived). It didn't really get too warm either, until the weekend, with Monday-Friday generally getting only to the low 80s.

Never had an opportunity to walk around the resort, but while going around in the buses, I looked and never saw any signs of any work being done in the rooms.

As seems to be the case this time of year, there were lots of high school groups/teams staying at CBR. I noticed several baseball/softball/lacrosse teams as well as a couple of bands and choir groups. And over the weekend, a ton of dane teams showed up as there is apparently a huge competition taking place at WDW this week. So you did notice groups of teens hanging out at the quiet pools and on the beaches a lot.

Bus service was good. The only long wait we had was our first morning. We waited about 25 minutes for a bus to AK and someone else at the bus stop mentioned they got there about 15 minutes before us (so a 40 min. wait for them). Returning from the parks seemed better than in the past to me as well.

The highlight of the trip was probably being selected to be the Grand Marshalls of the Festival of Fantasy parade at MK on Wednesday. We were finishing breakfast at Crystal Palace when a CM came to our table and just started chatting with us. After 5 minutes or so of "small talk", he says he has something he wants to offer us. Of course, the first instinct is he will try to sell something...but then he quickly said he wasn't selling anything. He then asks if would like to be the Grand Marshalls of the parade. Ummmm.....yeah!!! It was really cool riding the parade route in the old-fashioned car with everyone lined up waving at you and your family being announced throughout the route. We were even given Mickey ears with "Grand Marshalls 2014" embroidered on them and a certificate with our names and hometown and the date on it. The topper was my parents had just arrived (it was a surprise for the kids who had no idea they were coming), then just as we reached end of the route, there they were waiting and waving. The kids jaws dropped upon seeing their grandparents. It was a truly magical moment.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #3342
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldev View Post
This is a good question - I've read a bit about the coconuts you can send. Anyone know what they cost?
I sent a coconut back home last October -- I think it was in the 20 dollar range for the coconut and postage and I want to say the postage was priority mail which is why it was so much. It was delivered with no damage and was a big hit!

Tom
Old 04-28-2014, 01:47 PM   #3343
DisPrncess19
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
Got home last night. It was another great stay. We had room 2224 in Martinique. However, we actually had the Barbados beach right outside our door, and the Barbados quiet pool was closer than the Martinique pool. It was a real nice location. a 4-5 minute walk to OPR and even a short walk to the Custom House. We walked to our room from the Custom House after checking in and back there yesterday to catch Magical Express back to MCO . Room was just fine, no musty smell or anything (although we have never had that issue), and mousekeeping was good every day.

The weather was phenomenal all week. Not a drop of rain the entire 7 days we were there (although I understand it was real rainy the day before we arrived). It didn't really get too warm either, until the weekend, with Monday-Friday generally getting only to the low 80s.

Never had an opportunity to walk around the resort, but while going around in the buses, I looked and never saw any signs of any work being done in the rooms.

As seems to be the case this time of year, there were lots of high school groups/teams staying at CBR. I noticed several baseball/softball/lacrosse teams as well as a couple of bands and choir groups. And over the weekend, a ton of dane teams showed up as there is apparently a huge competition taking place at WDW this week. So you did notice groups of teens hanging out at the quiet pools and on the beaches a lot.

Bus service was good. The only long wait we had was our first morning. We waited about 25 minutes for a bus to AK and someone else at the bus stop mentioned they got there about 15 minutes before us (so a 40 min. wait for them). Returning from the parks seemed better than in the past to me as well.

The highlight of the trip was probably being selected to be the Grand Marshalls of the Festival of Fantasy parade at MK on Wednesday. We were finishing breakfast at Crystal Palace when a CM came to our table and just started chatting with us. After 5 minutes or so of "small talk", he says he has something he wants to offer us. Of course, the first instinct is he will try to sell something...but then he quickly said he wasn't selling anything. He then asks if would like to be the Grand Marshalls of the parade. Ummmm.....yeah!!! It was really cool riding the parade route in the old-fashioned car with everyone lined up waving at you and your family being announced throughout the route. We were even given Mickey ears with "Grand Marshalls 2014" embroidered on them and a certificate with our names and hometown and the date on it. The topper was my parents had just arrived (it was a surprise for the kids who had no idea they were coming), then just as we reached end of the route, there they were waiting and waving. The kids jaws dropped upon seeing their grandparents. It was a truly magical moment.

That is awesome! What a magical experience, thanks for sharing.
1998-All Star Sports
1999-Old Key West
2002-All Star Sports
2005-Port Orleans French Qtr
2006-Port Orleans Riverside
2009-Port Orleans French Qtr
2010-Grand Floridian
2012-Old Key West
2013-Caribbean Beach
Oct 2014-Caribbean Beach
Old 04-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #3344
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm trying to remember our room numbers but I think that one of our three rooms was the same as your's. It's so great to hear another good review of the resort.

How absolutely wonderful...cool....neat...fantastic....that you were chosen as the Grand Marshalls of the parade! What a great memory!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 04-28-2014, 02:10 PM   #3345
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That sounds like the MOST MAGICAL TRIP EVER!
My sister is on her way home today...which day were you Grand Marshall? They had some pretty good pixie dust on their trip too. It must be in the air!

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: