Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #316
JOELLE
Mouseketeer

Middle of April is our visit,
Our first visit to CB.
What time do the bus start to the MK?
We have Keys to Kingdom tour that starts at 8:30am,
what is the aprox travel time to MK?

Thank you
Old 03-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #317
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOELLE
Middle of April is our visit,
Our first visit to CB.
What time do the bus start to the MK?
We have Keys to Kingdom tour that starts at 8:30am,
what is the aprox travel time to MK?

Thank you
Buses start rolling at 6:30AM. Drive time from CBR to MK is 10-15 minutes.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #318
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamypuffs View Post
We are finally here. My first stay at CBR and they upgraded me by surprise and we are staying at Trinidad North 31!!! I was shocked and so happy we are that close to the center..... The landscape is beautiful, soaking it all in.
Yay! Have a wonderful time. CBR is so beautiful!!

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
Old 03-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #319
lisam427
DIS Veteran

hello everyone. i have two questions for you. 1)with the refillable mugs what drinks are avaiiable? 2)i have a 8:15 am reservation for the crystal palace. how early do the busses start running? tia!

Old 03-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #320
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisam427 View Post
hello everyone. i have two questions for you. 1)with the refillable mugs what drinks are avaiiable? 2)i have a 8:15 am reservation for the crystal palace. how early do the busses start running? tia!
I posted pictures of the drink options on the CBR pic thread recently. If you can't find them, let me know.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #321
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisam427
2)i have a 8:15 am reservation for the crystal palace. how early do the busses start running? tia!
The buses start rolling at 6:30.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #322
sammyjo1871
Mouseketeer

Have only stayed at POFQ on our 1st trip last year. You hear so often, on how small that resort is. Then I hear how large CBR is, and I was pretty nervous and booked preferred.

So just for curiosity's sake, can anyone tell me how big CBR is, compared to one of the parks? Over on the POFQ board, Andre did an overlay of the buildings onto MK map. Does anyone have the know-how to do this for a comparison? If so, it would be greatly appreciated. (BTW, from bldg 1 to bldg 7, FQ only stretches from Adventureland bridge to entrance of Space Mtn).

I'm so excited to try a new resort!!

Me DS6

Old 03-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #323
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

hey sammyjo..Im not sure about comparisons...maybe someone else can help you with that one...personally I just dont find it all that big as people make it out to be. Not any bigger than say Pop century or a All star resort. Just set out alot nicer around a lake but you can cut across the lake vi the bridge. We always opted for the preferred rooms but after continually walking over the bridge to take the kids to the playground every day we thought why bother so this year we are just paying for standard. Its such a beautiful resort to walk around with all the flowers, ducks, bunnies, lizards, beaches, fish, turtles..it really dosnt seem all that big to me at all..just my personal opinion. If you have booked preferred then you will definitely be right next to the main pool and food court so you will no need to worry.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 03-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #324
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
hey sammyjo..Im not sure about comparisons...maybe someone else can help you with that one...personally I just dont find it all that big as people make it out to be. Not any bigger than say Pop century or a All star resort. Just set out alot nicer around a lake but you can cut across the lake vi the bridge. We always opted for the preferred rooms but after continually walking over the bridge to take the kids to the playground every day we thought why bother so this year we are just paying for standard. Its such a beautiful resort to walk around with all the flowers, ducks, bunnies, lizards, beaches, fish, turtles..it really dosnt seem all that big to me at all..just my personal opinion. If you have booked preferred then you will definitely be right next to the main pool and food court so you will no need to worry.
Ditto! I've never really understood the whole "it's such a huge resort" posts as the walks to and from our room to OPR or the bus stops have never felt that long to us. We were in Barbados before our cruise last year and our walk was about 7 minutes behind a couple with a double stroller who were walking at a slow pace.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 03-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #325
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Ditto! I've never really understood the whole "it's such a huge resort" posts as the walks to and from our room to OPR or the bus stops have never felt that long to us. We were in Barbados before our cruise last year and our walk was about 7 minutes behind a couple with a double stroller who were walking at a slow pace.
I have stayed at POR multiple times, and didn't think I would have a problem with the size of CBR. I did! It is not just that it is so big, but the layout is strange--you check in and out once place, go eat and shop at a different place, and the pool is here, and then there is the 10+ minutes you spend driving around the resort before you even leave for the parks.

No thanks. CBR is a pretty resort, but it is added onto my short list (along with the Beach Club) of resorts where it is almost necessary to have your own car.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #326
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I have stayed at POR multiple times, and didn't think I would have a problem with the size of CBR. I did! It is not just that it is so big, but the layout is strange--you check in and out once place, go eat and shop at a different place, and the pool is here, and then there is the 10+ minutes you spend driving around the resort before you even leave for the parks.

No thanks.
I guess the Custom House location isn't a problem for us because we only check-in and then leave. But, I can see where that might be a problem for others. There is a concierge desk in Old Port Royale should a guest need their services. The bus stops didn't bother us either. Maybe we've lucked out and it didn't take us long. Oh well, that's why Disney has a lot of different resorts that come in all shapes and sizes.

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 03-11-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #327
lisam427
DIS Veteran

thanks to everyone who answered my questions!!! you guys are awesome

Old 03-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #328
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

I don't mind walking and I sure don't mind the buses stopping at each village. Maybe I'm weird. "Next stop Aruba!"
Old 03-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #329
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon all. We are DVC members. We check in on Friday, May 31st at AKV-Jambo House, but we are arriving on Thursday. I reserved a pirate room for the night because I thought my boys would love the pirate theme. I am coming across a lot of contradictory information regarding the bed size. In various places, I have read that the beds are doubles, queens, and full (in addition to the king rooms). I know only one of these can be correct. Which one is it?

Old 03-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #330
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave teacher View Post
Good afternoon all. We are DVC members. We check in on Friday, May 31st at AKV-Jambo House, but we are arriving on Thursday. I reserved a pirate room for the night because I thought my boys would love the pirate theme. I am coming across a lot of contradictory information regarding the bed size. In various places, I have read that the beds are doubles, queens, and full (in addition to the king rooms). I know only one of these can be correct. Which one is it?
Actually two are correct, as double and full are the same exact size, just two different names for it! The beds are double/full, no queen beds in CBR.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: