Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 11:03 AM   #3151
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
In regards to the bolded, you are incorrect. All of Trinidad North is preferred, so it all costs extra. If you book standard the only way you will get a room in TN is if you get some pixie dust at check-in and get an upgrade.
I booked standard too but I was given TN as an option to request. Knowing that it was all preferred I did not choose it. It is misleading to the guest who might not know that though.

Earlier in this thread I was concerned about the cheerleaders there during our stay but I fell reassured that it won't be a problem. We have stayed at CBR with lacrosse, dance and baseball teams too and the fact that it is so spread out really helps.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge
Old 03-31-2014, 03:14 PM   #3152
daunty
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersun47 View Post
any news on if they have started the refub? also any one on here from uk and have used online check in?
Hi. I checked in on line yesterday from the uk.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2014, 08:26 PM   #3153
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

Re the Trinidad North thingy...Im wondering then why they didnt give you the option of Martinique too...hmmm possibly something to do with the refurb?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 03-31-2014, 08:48 PM   #3154
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
Re the Trinidad North thingy...Im wondering then why they didnt give you the option of Martinique too...hmmm possibly something to do with the refurb?
I doubt it. From my understanding, they are going to start the refurb with the preferred buildings.

I have no idea why they pick the options for requests during online check in that they do. That is why I recommend folks still use the tried and true method of calling and adding your requests to your reservation. All the resorts have predetermined and very limited options for requests during the online check in. If someone didn't know that Trinidad North was a preferred location, wanted to be close to OPR so selected it most likely they won't get it and who knows where they will be assigned.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:59 PM   #3155
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I doubt it. From my understanding, they are going to start the refurb with the preferred buildings. I have no idea why they pick the options for requests during online check in that they do. That is why I recommend folks still use the tried and true method of calling and adding your requests to your reservation. All the resorts have predetermined and very limited options for requests during the online check in. If someone didn't know that Trinidad North was a preferred location, wanted to be close to OPR so selected it most likely they won't get it and who knows where they will be assigned.
I wonder that myself. I paid for my trip. They shouldn't charge me more money without letting me know. What about the people who aren't on the DIS boards , your average person is not gonna realize. I am gonna call the resort. Not sure how far out I should call. Maybe a week. Or sooner just to ask. I will mention about the resort request. If they are going to charge me I will change it. Whenever I stay at pop I always book a standard room then when I get there to check in (even after online check in) when they're handing me my itinerary I ask if they can put us in a room closest to the foodcourt and they've always done so without extra fee. One time we were stuck in the 90s building all the way in the back. Such a long walk esp after a long day at the parks. I never want to do that again. That's why I ask when I get there.

Last edited by micknpluto; 03-31-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:06 PM   #3156
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
I wonder that myself. I paid for my trip. They shouldn't charge me more money without letting me know.
They would not charge you more if you requested Trinidad North and they granted your request. That is a pixie dust upgrade. My point was that it is a wasted request because it is very rare that people get upgraded from standard to preferred. It does happen, but is very rare.

Quote:
I am gonna call the resort. Not sure how far out I should call. Maybe a week. Or sooner just to ask. I will mention about the resort request. If they are going to charge me I will change it.
There is no way to call the actual resort. Even if you find a number on the net for CBR, it will actually be for a call center most likely not even in Orlando. Depending on the number you call, the CM will answer like they are at the resort, but they are not. I can guarantee the CM you talk to will not be able to give you an accurate answer as to why Trinidad North is an option for everyone.

Quote:
Whenever I stay at pop I always book a standard room then when I get there to check in (even after online check in) when they're handing me my itinerary I ask if they can put us in a room closest to the foodcourt and they've always done so without extra fee. One time we were stuck in the 90s building all the way in the back. Such a long walk esp after a long day at the parks.
Asking for a standard room close to OPR and the Main Pool will not result in them charging you any more. Unless you specifically ask to be moved to a preferred location in person, they will most likely quote you how much it will cost you to upgrade.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:44 PM   #3157
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Dansdad, you heard that they are starting the refurb in the preferred rooms? I hadn't heard that yet. A previous poster stated that the "model" room(my word, not theirs) was in Jamaica so I wondered if that would be where they started. I guess the only way to really know is for someone to actually see where they start and post it here.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 04-01-2014, 12:43 AM   #3158
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Hello! I am currently booked at Pop but I am really wanting to upgrade to a moderate. The rooms there just seem a tad bit small for us!

I am probably going to call reservations tomorrow to make the switch but I have a few questions.

What area is best to be closest to the buses and food court? (don't care about theme)

Is there a water taxi to DTD?

What other resorts do the buses pick up from?

I've been BOO'ed by GoofyinToronto!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:58 AM   #3159
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Dansdad, you heard that they are starting the refurb in the preferred rooms? I hadn't heard that yet. A previous poster stated that the "model" room(my word, not theirs) was in Jamaica so I wondered if that would be where they started. I guess the only way to really know is for someone to actually see where they start and post it here.
Friends of ours were talking to a phone CM about switching from preferred to standard for their trip the end of July. The CM stated he could see that the refurb is starting in the Preferred buildings and they would have a very good chance of getting a refurbed room if they switched to preferred. We all know how the phone CMs information can be, but I thought it was interesting.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:00 AM   #3160
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
What area is best to be closest to the buses and food court?
Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are some of the closest standard rooms to OPR and the main pool. Every village has it's own bus stop so you will never be far from one.

Quote:
Is there a water taxi to DTD?
No.

Quote:
What other resorts do the buses pick up from?
None.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:56 AM   #3161
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Thank you for your post replies. This thread has been very helpful !

I explained to the CM when I called to pay off my trip a few weeks ago. That we needed ground level room since my moms scooter won't be able to go up the steps. She said I should call CBR direct and let them know. I think she said a week before. Because they start to work on room assignments for guests.

I'm sure I won't have a problem finding the proper room. The resort is huge. And if we don't get TN maybe we will get another building that's somewhat close. Hoping for some pixie dust !

Thanks again for everything

Chris
Old 04-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #3162
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Friends of ours were talking to a phone CM about switching from preferred to standard for their trip the end of July. The CM stated he could see that the refurb is starting in the Preferred buildings and they would have a very good chance of getting a refurbed room if they switched to preferred. We all know how the phone CMs information can be, but I thought it was interesting.
It is interesting. I wonder if they are just telling people that to get them to book preferred? Like you said, too, we all know how "informed" the phone CMs are.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 04-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #3163
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown

It is interesting. I wonder if they are just telling people that to get them to book preferred?
I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:57 PM   #3164
totebagg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

It is interesting. I wonder if they are just telling people that to get them to book preferred? Like you said, too, we all know how "informed" the phone CMs are.
I called just last week to add a few days to our stay in Sept/Oct and asked about the refurb. She said she didn't have anything listed and even put me on hold to ask her manager! She came back and stated that CBR is not scheduled for a refurb. Crazy!!!

2013 - CBR Pirate Room, 2014 - POR, 2015 - CBR
Old 04-01-2014, 03:07 PM   #3165
maplesuga
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by totebagg View Post
I called just last week to add a few days to our stay in Sept/Oct and asked about the refurb. She said she didn't have anything listed and even put me on hold to ask her manager! She came back and stated that CBR is not scheduled for a refurb. Crazy!!!
Same happened to me when I switched last week from POR to CBR. First she warned me they had double beds instead of Queen, and when I said that was fine, and I had heard there was a refurb starting anyway, she said she didn't know anything about it.

Then she called Guest Services, who said they knew nothing about it.

Then she called the hotel, who said it was just a rumour.

I don't really care, since I want to stay at CBR anyway...but there's so much information BOTH ways going on!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: