Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #301
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Have any of you stayed at both CBR and CSR? Why do you think CBR is better?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #302
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
We will arrive the 8th of June but I am not happy as our friends are going the week before at $89 each way flight. A week later we pay almost $700. Nuts? Anyone know of a cheep flight for June 8th from Chicago to Orlando? Boo Hoo Boo Hoo.
i'm flying in the same day from PIT if you can fly out of midway check out SWA. My price dropped last weekend and have small credit to use this monday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
well we did it...we added up the vacation fund and managed to jump ship today from the ASMu to our beloved CBR! We didnt manage to make the pirate room, just a standard room but we are overjoyed that we managed to stretch the budget to get in CBR we love it so much. We requested either Aruba or Jamaica....( for some funny reason she just laughed and said "em NO maam" when I wanted to request a pirate room..lol) oh well cant blame a gal for trying right?? heheh We will be arriving May 5th till May 11th and are flying this year instead of driving. Our 4 yr old is desperate to get on a plane so he will be so excited to find out hes finally getting to fly. 10 weeks to go!! we cant wait. We havnt told the kids yet, for obvious reasons of not having our ears chewed of with "are we going yet" we will wait till a little nearer the time.. ahhhhh CBR...Im coming back to see youuuuuuuuuu my little piece of paradise in the sun.
are we there yet?

I couldn't pass up the opportunity today when i saw there was an Orbitz promo that gave another 20% off the 25% off WDW special. We have APs and not interested in DP so i was thrilled to pay another $13 a day. I do enjoy the ASMu just prefer the visits to be shorter there since rooms are a bit cramped. Not sure if we'll rent a car or not unless i can get current booking to drop to $150 or so...not a big fan of waiting for buses.

Haven't dug thru the whole thread yet. Excited to be visiting a new resort. I am wondering what the chances are asking for a complimentary King room upgrade upon check-in. Will try and request Jamacia or Aruba sections but have a feeling they're very popular.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #303
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

so Im feeling the guilt pangs for not booking a pirate room but we took that money and used it and made the park tickets into a hopper. Hoping we made the right decision here... I know the kids would have loved a pirate room but Im sure they will love a hopper more. We looked at the EMH that 2nd week of May and they are non too impressive. Parks are not open very late either so we thought a hopper would be a good idea. Still....the pangs of guilt are afoot.. maybe I can buy some little things for the room to make it more magical...anyone any ideas? kids are both boys 10 and 4 yrs old.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 03-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #304
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

No mommy guilt! Would they like the kids' pirate cruise at CBR? My boys did the one at the GF a few years ago and loved it. Some 10-yo would think they were too old for it, though...my now almost 10 would love it, but when my older one was 10 he would have hated the thought.

If not, what about the red and white bandana ears?
Old 03-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #305
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues
No mommy guilt! Would they like the kids' pirate cruise at CBR? My boys did the one at the GF a few years ago and loved it. Some 10-yo would think they were too old for it, though...my now almost 10 would love it, but when my older one was 10 he would have hated the thought.

If not, what about the red and white bandana ears?
My son did the one at BC/YC last year and loved it!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #306
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
so Im feeling the guilt pangs for not booking a pirate room but we took that money and used it and made the park tickets into a hopper. Hoping we made the right decision here... I know the kids would have loved a pirate room but Im sure they will love a hopper more. We looked at the EMH that 2nd week of May and they are non too impressive. Parks are not open very late either so we thought a hopper would be a good idea. Still....the pangs of guilt are afoot.. maybe I can buy some little things for the room to make it more magical...anyone any ideas? kids are both boys 10 and 4 yrs old.
You can always decorate your room. Keep in mind too that the Pirate rooms are all in the Trinidad South section of CBR. Probably the section farthest away from the food court, main pool, and the rest of the fun stuff. So tell those pangs of guilt to get over it!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #307
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Booked my sister over here and we are staying over at POR ... have to say I want to stay at CBR too. too bad DD really wants the royal rooms...

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Old 03-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #308
Jodygirl
Earning My Ears

Hi. We are staying at CBR April 18 to 22. We will be a group of 4 with an ECV and a stroller. I am trying to figure which standard room building would be best for us. My biggest concern is being close to a bus stop and not having the bus be full when it gets to us. I am not sure if Jamaica 45 is best in that regard. Any suggestions would be so helpful. Thanks!!!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #309
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodygirl View Post
Hi. We are staying at CBR April 18 to 22. We will be a group of 4 with an ECV and a stroller. I am trying to figure which standard room building would be best for us. My biggest concern is being close to a bus stop and not having the bus be full when it gets to us. I am not sure if Jamaica 45 is best in that regard. Any suggestions would be so helpful. Thanks!!!!!
Jamaica 44 and 46 are slightly closer to the bus stop than Jamaica 45. We stayed in 44 this past December, and it was maybe a 4 minute walk to the bus stop. The great thing about that bus stop is that it is the first stop on the way to the parks, with the exception of the Magic Kingdom bus.

Make sure you tell them you need a ground floor room too. There are no elevators at CBR.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #310
creamypuffs
Mouseketeer

We are finally here. My first stay at CBR and they upgraded me by surprise and we are staying at Trinidad North 31!!! I was shocked and so happy we are that close to the center..... The landscape is beautiful, soaking it all in.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #311
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamypuffs View Post
We are finally here. My first stay at CBR and they upgraded me by surprise and we are staying at Trinidad North 31!!! I was shocked and so happy we are that close to the center..... The landscape is beautiful, soaking it all in.
your way. Have a Magical Vacation

DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Old 03-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #312
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamypuffs View Post
Yayy you got some pixie dust, have a wonderful time

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #313
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

For those at the resort now (or have been recently), how are the rooms looking? Lots of wear and tear or still pretty good shape? That's one thing I worry about if we stay here in August...
Old 03-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #314
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
For those at the resort now (or have been recently), how are the rooms looking? Lots of wear and tear or still pretty good shape? That's one thing I worry about if we stay here in August...
For being so long since the last refurb, they're still in surprisingly good shape.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #315
creamypuffs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977
This is my first time so I can't compare with prior but the room looks perfect and fine to me. We have Nemo theme room.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: