Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 10:46 AM   #2896
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
I told hubby and kids..."you know if you would all just stop eating between now and June and not be so selfish we could afford a pirate room no problem!!" LOL and yeah....does make sense to be in heaven for just another day longer....sigh..need to give it some thought
Whaaaat? They won't give up dinner for Disney? Seriously, I know that it's a tough decision. Like I said, I'd probably go for the longer stay.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-18-2014, 11:14 AM   #2897
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ok any way I swing it...I have a choice.....4 nights pirate room or stay an extra night 5 nights standard room? which would you do?
Standard. We got 'upgraded' to Pirate and it was so far from EVERTHING! We didn't even bother to go get coffee in the morning because it was so far out of the way.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #2898
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess whats good for some is not for others...we hated the food court in POR and found it not layed back enough for us so I guess we all have our likes and dislikes...sorry you didnt like CBR, hope you still had a great vacation otherwise
I agree with Sugerfreesteve- buses were HORRIBLE at CBR and when we spoke to transport guy who was at stop timing them, he was ruder than rude. I did do a survey when we got home. I like POR so much better than CBR.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #2899
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbl View Post
I agree with Sugerfreesteve- buses were HORRIBLE at CBR and when we spoke to transport guy who was at stop timing them, he was ruder than rude. I did do a survey when we got home. I like POR so much better than CBR.
We really didn't like the bus service either. Most of the time we waited 20 odd minutes for a bus. Then a further 15 to get out of the resort! I'm strongly considering POFQ for our next trip because of it.

The resort itself is very pretty although our room was a little worn. Food court was good (had the turkey BLT for lunch one day, was great and freshly made).

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Old 02-18-2014, 04:39 PM   #2900
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parith1114
Curious if there is a building or beach that would allow you to see fireworks at all. I notice most people suggest either Jamaica or Aruba for non preferred rooms, but are there any other you would recommend?
You can see the upper fireworks from the bridge, the Martinique beach and the beach behind the main pool.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #2901
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

ok its booked...we decided to do 7 nights standard instead of 4 nights pirate ..roll on June 1st!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 02-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #2902
joe-aka-papabear
Mouseketeer

Should I have concerns?

We are due to arrive on 3/2 and have read various threads that have me wondering if I should be concerned.

1)Should we rent a car?? We have always stayed at a value and assumed that at a moderate the buses would be bette, so we were gonna pass on a car.

2) Being it is due for a refurb, should I worry that it is run down?

3)Are the beds that much smaller where it will be uncomfortable to sleep 4 in a room. 2 adults / 2 kids 11 & 4.

Is there any particular section that I should be looking to stay at. We booked a basic room, so I don't know what my options are. Villages etc.

TY in advance for you advice and help.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:34 PM   #2903
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-aka-papabear View Post
We are due to arrive on 3/2 and have read various threads that have me wondering if I should be concerned.

1)Should we rent a car?? We have always stayed at a value and assumed that at a moderate the buses would be bette, so we were gonna pass on a car..
IMHO, you absolutely do not need a car. The size of CBR is one of the many things that are blown out of proportion. The Pirate Themed rooms are the furthest from OPR and the Main Pool and the farthest one of those rooms is a 10 minute walk. You will not be put in one of those rooms because they cost more $$. The majority of rooms are ~ 5 minute walk to OPR and the Main Pool.

Quote:
2) Being it is due for a refurb, should I worry that it is run down?.
Yes, it's time for a refurb. But I would most definitely not say the rooms are run down.

Quote:
3)Are the beds that much smaller where it will be uncomfortable to sleep 4 in a room. 2 adults / 2 kids 11 & 4.?
We are not tiny people, 6'3" and 5'9", and have no problems with the double beds.

Quote:
Is there any particular section that I should be looking to stay at. We booked a basic room, so I don't know what my options are. Villages etc.
Our favorite is Jamaica 45. It is 4-5 minute stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Pool and we love the bright yellow buildings. Aruba 51 is the same distance as Jamaica 45, but again we prefer the yellow of Jamaica.

I will say we had the same concerns before our first CBR stay, and so glad we decided to try for ourselves as we fell in love with it. Our last 4 stays have been at CBR and we can't get ourselves to stay anywhere else. We research other resorts before our trips but when it comes down to decision time we all pick CBR.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:46 AM   #2904
Mel6197
Mrs. Public Works

We stayed last year
Loved loved the resort
Stayed in Martinique 25 right on the beach

Requested same thing for this year in August

One thing I'm curious about is the refurb. Think they will start in preferred rooms or end in those rooms
Trying to fill non preferred rooms by saying newly re done.
and now added is Granny..

Am I crazy for loving Disney?
Nah...Just ask my DIS Buddies!

Old 02-20-2014, 09:40 AM   #2905
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

they usually refurb one building at a time and you generally dont even know they are there so I would not worry about that one bit. Im truly at a loss when people complain about CBR...maybe its us thats the odd ones out I dont know..I spend my entire year just dreaming of getting back to it we love it so much. We have stayed offsite and nothing can compare to it for us...we would even consider staying in it even if we were not going to Disney Im sure...its our "happy" place. Ive yet to experience one of these "run down" rooms after going to CBR for the past 6+ years

Old 02-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #2906
Mel6197
Mrs. Public Works

We adored it too?
Many many nights we were on the beach talking relaxing

As far as the room refurb. I was just more curious if we would get the newer room since we are preferred

Wouldn't matter. We loved it there
and now added is Granny..

Am I crazy for loving Disney?
Nah...Just ask my DIS Buddies!

Old 02-20-2014, 11:51 AM   #2907
pktbMouse

you would think they would start with the preferred rooms first wouldnt you seeing as people pay more but you know Disney...hah no rhyme or reason to anything

Old 02-20-2014, 11:53 AM   #2908
Pooh2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

1)Should we rent a car?? We have always stayed at a value and assumed that at a moderate the buses would be bette, so we were gonna pass on a car.

2) Being it is due for a refurb, should I worry that it is run down?

3)Are the beds that much smaller where it will be uncomfortable to sleep 4 in a room. 2 adults / 2 kids 11 & 4.

TY in advance for you advice and help.
We had our first stay at CBR Thanksgiving week. For a such a busy week, the resort and pools were very quiet and and peaceful.

Our room was not at all run down. We were in Trinidad North (got upgraded, we did not make anytype of room requests) and loved the location, it was an easy walk for coffee and a bite to eat in the morning and to refill cups with ice tea in the afternoon.

We went with a rental car for the first time and will plan it into the budget from now on. It was great not worrying about how long before bus came or if we would have to stand.

We had a king size bed so cannot speak to the full size beds.

We really enjoyed this resort.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:59 AM   #2909
LvsTnk
Disney Crazy

We were there in Nov. in a pirate room. Those rooms are really far out and I was by myself with my son. I enjoyed the room (it was pretty beat up) and the pool very cute theming. My son has special needs and loves flags which he brought with him the mouse keepers put them on the headboard like the ship was sailing and he loved that. We also did the s'mores that was fun and we will probably be checking that out at other resorts now.

I had a car so I can't comment on transportation. I was grateful to get a last minute room during food and wine with my DVC pts but I was really glad to get to AKL. Even tho it gets the same spread out comments it was much easier to maneuver than the CBR. CBR used to be a favorite of ours when it first opened but I forgot how big this place is after being away for so long. Maybe if I was by myself or better fit it would have been easier.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #2910
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
IMHO, you absolutely do not need a car. The size of CBR is one of the many things that are blown out of proportion. The Pirate Themed rooms are the furthest from OPR and the Main Pool and the farthest one of those rooms is a 10 minute walk. You will not be put in one of those rooms because they cost more $$. The majority of rooms are ~ 5 minute walk to OPR and the Main Pool. Yes, it's time for a refurb. But I would most definitely not say the rooms are run down. We are not tiny people, 6'3" and 5'9", and have no problems with the double beds. Our favorite is Jamaica 45. It is 4-5 minute stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Pool and we love the bright yellow buildings. Aruba 51 is the same distance as Jamaica 45, but again we prefer the yellow of Jamaica. I will say we had the same concerns before our first CBR stay, and so glad we decided to try for ourselves as we fell in love with it. Our last 4 stays have been at CBR and we can't get ourselves to stay anywhere else. We research other resorts before our trips but when it comes down to decision time we all pick CBR.
We were in Trinidad South and it was a helluva lot further than a 10 minute walk to the central location. It was 10+ minutes to the nearest bus stop. We've stayed at all the resorts except GF and BLT and CBR has plummeted to the bottom of the list as of our last stay.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: