Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #2521
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam.daelynn
I will be driving, what building and number would you suggest I request for a non-preferred room? Thanks!
We love Jamaica 45. But Aruba 51 is also good.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:15 AM   #2522
Misty89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMateus View Post
Checked out today! As we were boarding our bus to leave they were unloading a truck full of fridges!
Yay! We arrive Thursday!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #2523
caravarela
Mouseketeer

Just back- DH and I were skeptics about CBR and only booked it because our usual CSR was booked up for free dining. We were so pleasantly surprised! We ended up loving it, and were actually surprised how very similar it is to CSR.

We got a surprise upgrade at check in to a pirate room in Trinidad South 38. The room was incredible! We all absolutely loved the theming. The only thing that will make them better is when they upgrade to queen beds! There was no weird smell, and it was super clean. We had a towel Mickey on arrival, and they knocked on the door a few days later and dropped off some towel animals for DDs birthday.

We did not get to use our mugs as much as usual because we were pretty far from OPR. I timed it as an 11 minute walk from my building to the door of OPR at a normal pace. Our kids loved both the feature and quiet pools.

I do wish the check in/out was in the main building. I like to refill our mugs one last time, grab a snack, and look around the gift shop but I couldn't here. Just a minor thing.

Buses were great even though we were usually the last bus stop. We only had one very long wait bc the bus we were waiting for filled up at the other stops so it skipped us. There was a great CM named Oscar usually at our stop to keep us informed about when buses were coming.

All in all we had a fantastic experience and we'd definitely return!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Nov/Dec 08: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 09: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 10: 2Nights CSR, 7Nights Polynesian
Nov/Dec 11: Coronado Springs "Surprise the kids" trip
Nov/Dec 12: Coronado Springs
November 13: Caribbean Beach
Old 11-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #2524
caravarela
Mouseketeer

Oh and re: fridges, we did not have one at check in, DH requested one at concierge and was told we could have one if we either had a medical need or small children. So they said they'd send one, and they did on our 4th or 5th day.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Nov/Dec 08: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 09: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 10: 2Nights CSR, 7Nights Polynesian
Nov/Dec 11: Coronado Springs "Surprise the kids" trip
Nov/Dec 12: Coronado Springs
November 13: Caribbean Beach
Old 11-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #2525
HuskerFaninIL
DIS Veteran

Regarding the fridges. We checked in on 11/14. Immediately went to grab lunch, checked to pop a milk in the fridge no fridge.

Last night I opened the cabinet to make sure the kids didn't place anything in the spot and there was a fridge.

We have no clue how long it was there, I wish I'd known because we tossed so drinks we could have saved, but the fridges must be coming back around.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #2526
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFaninIL View Post
Regarding the fridges. We checked in on 11/14. Immediately went to grab lunch, checked to pop a milk in the fridge no fridge.

Last night I opened the cabinet to make sure the kids didn't place anything in the spot and there was a fridge.

We have no clue how long it was there, I wish I'd known because we tossed so drinks we could have saved, but the fridges must be coming back around.
Thanks for the update. From this and the other information here it seems they must be very close to finishing the fridge swap-out.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #2527
tam.daelynn
Earning My Ears

I will be leaving Saturday and checking out on Fri Dec 6th. My hubby wants me to upgrade to the pirate room for the kiddo. Can I upgrade at the resort? I don't want it if its the furthest building away and would like the closest building. What are the chances of getting an upgrade when checking in?

Thanks
Old 11-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #2528
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam.daelynn View Post
I will be leaving Saturday and checking out on Fri Dec 6th. My hubby wants me to upgrade to the pirate room for the kiddo. Can I upgrade at the resort? I don't want it if its the furthest building away and would like the closest building. What are the chances of getting an upgrade when checking in?

Thanks
The pirate rooms are the farthest from the food court. If you really want a pirate room don't wait until you check in. You might get it but you might not. The pirate rooms are some of Disney's most brilliant marketing schemes. Take the least popular rooms, change the decor and charge a premium and people line up with their credit cards in hand. Genius.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #2529
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I haven't seen pictures of the new refrigerators that are being installed but I assume that they are similar to those that were already there. Many have asked just how much will fit into the fridges so, during our May/June stay, I took pictures:

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #2530
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

We are here now. We are in Jamaica 41 and love it. It's about a 7-8 min walk at a normal pace to OPR. The room is very clean and pretty. We had towel animals the first day but none since then. I asked at checkin about a fridge and she said she didn't know if I had a fridge. We need one for medical reasons so she told me to call if we didn't have one. We had one in the room. My group has three rooms and two had fridges.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #2531
tam.daelynn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
The pirate rooms are the farthest from the food court. If you really want a pirate room don't wait until you check in. You might get it but you might not. The pirate rooms are some of Disney's most brilliant marketing schemes. Take the least popular rooms, change the decor and charge a premium and people line up with their credit cards in hand. Genius.
Are the pirate rooms only on 1 building? So the furthest would be Trinidad South building 38 0r 39? No pirate rooms in Trinidad 34 or 35?

Thanks
Old 11-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #2532
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam.daelynn

Are the pirate rooms only on 1 building? So the furthest would be Trinidad South building 38 0r 39? No pirate rooms in Trinidad 34 or 35?

Thanks
All of Trinidad South is Pirate Rooms.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #2533
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam.daelynn View Post

Thanks
As dansdad said, all of the buildings in Trinidad South are pirate rooms. You can always request one of the buildings closest to Trinidad North for a little shorter walk to OPR. Just keep in mind that it's a request and may not be granted.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #2534
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all the CBR loving DIS members!!

And safe travels to all that are heading to the World or to see family and friends!
Old 11-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #2535
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Very excited that we are in the process of changing our upcoming trip to CBR! We are also changing our dates by a few months which means a longer wait but as much as I love POR, CBR is really where I wanted to stay this trip and I got dh talked into it without any problems thank goodness.

My question is when is this refurb set to finish? I know it starts in April but haven't been able to find any sort of projected completion date.

Our dates are late October into early November and I really want one of those beautiful looking new rooms.

Anybody know anything about the projected length of this refurb?

TIA

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: