Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #2476
Belle83
DIS Veteran

We just booked CBR for the first half of our honeymoon in January It wasn't our first choice but it was the only moderate left with the room discount. I've stayed there a few times and like it, and DH is excited to try it. The rest of our honeymoon will be on a Disney Cruise and at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Staying at CBR for part of the trip will help us save a little $, so yay!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #2477
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer

CBR aka Disney Hell!

Arrived today for 5 night stay in preferred room. Room had terrible odor musty mildew smell. Called front desk to request new room. Was told there were no other ground floor rooms in bldg. and head of housekeeping would come to check room. Housekeeper passing by said I "would get used to it"! Was she kidding?!
Head of housekeeping came and agreed odor was significant and brought room fogger to try to get rid of odor. Of course this did not work and maintenance was called as odor appeared to be emanating from A/C. He took out inside of A/C and put in different unit. We went to dinner at Ohanas where server brought appetizers and drinks and after about a half hr was ready to bring us dessert til we pointed out we were never served meat course! After this interesting meal we went to catch monorail back to MK to get bus back to CBR only to find out monorail was not working! We were told to go out and catch a launch or a special bus to MK or we could get bus to Contemporary and then walk to MK. We waited a while for a bus but could not get on and after 2 buses came and went full we decided to try another way.
Then another guest suggested we walk over to the Transportation/ticket CRT and take ferry boat over to MK. We did this and then waited almost another half hr for a bus to CBR.
Our room smelled even worse when we got back and still no fridge! Called front desk again and asked for manager. CM insisted I tell her problem and the said "oh my, you need to speak to a manager. She said a manager would come to our room but he called instead and I have to give whole story again. He confirmed there were no available comparable rooms. He offered to call another moderate resort to see if we could could get a room and after dealing with room and fridge situation since around 2 this afternoon we finally were taken over to POFQ at 10:45 pm where we have beautiful room with a fridge.
What a day!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2013, 02:21 AM   #2478
disneymom06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsdolphin View Post
Arrived today for 5 night stay in preferred room. Room had terrible odor musty mildew smell. Called front desk to request new room. Was told there were no other ground floor rooms in bldg. and head of housekeeping would come to check room. Housekeeper passing by said I "would get used to it"! Was she kidding?!
Head of housekeeping came and agreed odor was significant and brought room fogger to try to get rid of odor. Of course this did not work and maintenance was called as odor appeared to be emanating from A/C. He took out inside of A/C and put in different unit. We went to dinner at Ohanas where server brought appetizers and drinks and after about a half hr was ready to bring us dessert til we pointed out we were never served meat course! After this interesting meal we went to catch monorail back to MK to get bus back to CBR only to find out monorail was not working! We were told to go out and catch a launch or a special bus to MK or we could get bus to Contemporary and then walk to MK. We waited a while for a bus but could not get on and after 2 buses came and went full we decided to try another way.
Then another guest suggested we walk over to the Transportation/ticket CRT and take ferry boat over to MK. We did this and then waited almost another half hr for a bus to CBR.
Our room smelled even worse when we got back and still no fridge! Called front desk again and asked for manager. CM insisted I tell her problem and the said "oh my, you need to speak to a manager. She said a manager would come to our room but he called instead and I have to give whole story again. He confirmed there were no available comparable rooms. He offered to call another moderate resort to see if we could could get a room and after dealing with room and fridge situation since around 2 this afternoon we finally were taken over to POFQ at 10:45 pm where we have beautiful room with a fridge.
What a day!
What building and room number were you given? We are going in a month and musty mildew smell worries me due to my sons asthma.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:08 AM   #2479
5terre
Mouseketeer

Any bedding changes going on here? I have read POR and POP have both been switching over to white duvet bedding.
Feb 2011 ~ Coronado - (6)'s first trip... MAGICAL!!
2000 ~ All-Star Sports
91, 93, 96, 98 ~ Caribbean Beach
87 ~ off-property
Old 11-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #2480
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5terre
Any bedding changes going on here? I have read POR and POP have both been switching over to white duvet bedding.
Yes. CBR has gone to the triple sheeting like POR and POP.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:11 AM   #2481
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom06 View Post
What building and room number were you given? We are going in a month and musty mildew smell worries me due to my sons asthma.

Preferred room in Martinque bldg. 25 , room #2507 ground floor.
I certainly hope they do something about that room. I did ask some other guests if they had the same problem and everyone else we spoke to was very happy with their rooms. Other than the maid who said, "you will get used to it" all the CMs were very concerned and trying to be helpful but a bit of room spray was not to going to do the job.
The resort is beautiful and. I hope you get a nice room and have a wonderful trip!
Old 11-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #2482
5terre
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Yes. CBR has gone to the triple sheeting like POR and POP.
So is it just an extra sheet, or a duvet cover? Anyone have a photo?
2000 ~ All-Star Sports
87 ~ off-property
Old 11-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #2483
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5terre View Post
So is it just an extra sheet, or a duvet cover? Anyone have a photo?
Here's one that PhoenixStrength posted in her trip report:

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #2484
FloridaNative8
Mouseketeer

I don't have a photo, but the top layer was like a thin duvet. We keep our room very cool at night, and felt that the bedding kept us at a very comfortable temperature.

But, as with everything, YMMV!!

WDW - Too many visits to count!
AOA - Jan 2013 CBR - Nov 2013 POR - Jan 2014 POP - Feb 2014 YC - Jan 2015
Disney Fantasy - EC, March 2013
W&D Half - 2010, 2013
Donald Half - 2013
Minnie 10K - 2014
WDW Marathon - 2014
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2014
Goofy Challenge - 2015
Old 11-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #2485
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What a day!
There's simply no excuse for the housekeeper to have told you that you would get used to the smell. They should know better. There must have been something going in that particular room if other guests said they weren't having the same issue. At least maintenance tried to do something.

For what it's worth, if you call down to the front desk, you aren't actually calling the front desk. You're getting a call center. Just pointing this out to others who may be reading. Going to the concierge desk in Old Port Royale or in the Custom House is the only way to be assured that you're talking to someone at the resort itself.

From all of the reports that I have been reading, many resorts are still going through the fridge replacement. There seems to be no rhyme or reason on how they are going about changing them out.

I'm glad to read that you are happy now at the French Quarter and have a fridge. We weren't wowed by French Quarter but I think that has something to do with the fact that we live in Louisiana.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #2486
5terre
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Here's one that PhoenixStrength posted in her trip report:

Thank you!!
2000 ~ All-Star Sports
87 ~ off-property
Old 11-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #2487
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

We brought an extra blanket for each bed with us in June. I am always cold, my boys didn't need theirs.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #2488
CanadianPaco
Canadian
I was 5'4" because of my big hair

Quote:
Head of housekeeping came and agreed odor was significant and brought room fogger to try to get rid of odor. Of course this did not work and maintenance was called as odor appeared to be emanating from A/C. He took out inside of A/C and put in different unit.
!
Well that's it! I am changing to WL and will go to CBR after the refurb! thanks so much for sharing!!!!!!!
Aug 2009 - ASMu / Aug 2010 - POFQ
Aug 2007 - HoJos - DL / April 2009 - HoJos - DL
Aug 2004 - ASMo / July 2005 - Pop
Old 11-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #2489
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPaco View Post
Well that's it! I am changing to WL and will go to CBR after the refurb! thanks so much for sharing!!!!!!!

We are now in a beautiful river view room at the POFQ and had a great day today! I do think CBR is in desperate need of a refurb and should be a healthier place to stay however the smaller size of the POFQ is a better fit for us!

Hope you have a wonderful trip! Wilderness Lodge is a beautiful resort.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #2490
HappyCruiser54
Earning My Ears

I have not been to Disney World for a few years. Last time stayed at CBR and loved it. It is just my DH and myself. Can anyone tell me when CBR is scheduled for refurb? Is it really as bad as some people are saying
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: