Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #2401
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy14
Does anyone know how many connecting rooms this resort has? I know it is not guaranteed, just trying to figure out my odds.
I have never seen that information posted anywhere for any WDW resort. I know each building has some but no idea how many. Sorry.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #2402
Mommiesblessings2
Mouseketeer

Here we are.

Checked in Friday. In Martinique. Requested connected rooms no luck. 3 fams are in a row so not bad. As mentioned resort is very spread out. IMO you are on vaca so relax and enjoy the stroll.

Did the main pool today kids loved it. Food was meh at OPR. Appearance is nice in the landscape area. Room is good size. Can tell it needs updating in rug and base of floor. By the door area is apart. Mousekeeping is good, made bats out of towels and put in window.

I have a fridge and 1 other room has one.

Sorry so short, been a long day.

If anyone has questions let me know. All in all really nice resort and glad I switched.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #2403
kesha
Dreaming of Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommiesblessings2 View Post
Here we are.

Checked in Friday. In Martinique. Requested connected rooms no luck. 3 fams are in a row so not bad. As mentioned resort is very spread out. IMO you are on vaca so relax and enjoy the stroll.

Did the main pool today kids loved it. Food was meh at OPR. Appearance is nice in the landscape area. Room is good size. Can tell it needs updating in rug and base of floor. By the door area is apart. Mousekeeping is good, made bats out of towels and put in window.

I have a fridge and 1 other room has one.

Sorry so short, been a long day.

If anyone has questions let me know. All in all really nice resort and glad I switched.
Are you in a preferred room?
1997-CBR
1999-CSR
2002-CBR
2005-CBR
2007-CSR
2009-CBR
2011-CBR
2013-CBR
2014-CSR
Old 10-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #2404
Mommiesblessings2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesha View Post
Are you in a preferred room?
Not preferred. Bldg 21.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #2405
queenbetsey
Mouseketeer

so glad I found a CBR thread. We are going Jan5-12 for our anni! I need to read through this huge thread though as we have never stayed there. online reviews are not so great so hubby is concerned.
What /where is a good room that is not way out in the boondocks? I have a bad knee so hope to get close to main lobby/food court main pool. any suggestions>

Hey Hey we're the Whiteheads, a pre trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3209767

You were born an origional, why die a copy?\

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/klh12jpwhe9t3guf.png[/img][/link]
Old 10-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #2406
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbetsey View Post
so glad I found a CBR thread. We are going Jan5-12 for our anni! I need to read through this huge thread though as we have never stayed there. online reviews are not so great so hubby is concerned.
What /where is a good room that is not way out in the boondocks? I have a bad knee so hope to get close to main lobby/food court main pool. any suggestions>
Welcome to the CBR Thread!

Let me just say that we had reservations before our first stay at CBR after reading some bad reviews too. I am so glad that we found some very helpful people here on the DIS, Mickeystoontown especially, who convinced me to give it a try. Ever since our first CBR stay, we can't seem to stay anywhere else! We just love the relaxed and laid back atmosphere of CBR. It is such a nice change of pace from the craziness of the parks.

Our favorite location is Jamaica 45. It is just a short stroll across the bridge to OPR and the main pool. Aruba 51, Martinique 21, 22 and 23 are also very close to OPR without having to pay more $$ for preferred.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #2407
lam21575
Earning My Ears

Quote:
so glad I found a CBR thread. We are going Jan5-12 for our anni! I need to read through this huge thread though as we have never stayed there. online reviews are not so great so hubby is concerned. What /where is a good room that is not way out in the boondocks? I have a bad knee so hope to get close to main lobby/food court main pool. any suggestions>
We just got back from CBR for first time and I was also nervous due to bad reviews, but we LOVED it and will def be back. We stayed in standard room Jamaica 43 and it was maybe 5 min stroll to main pool/food court. The grounds are beautiful and it's a very relaxing walk, a nice break from madness of the parks. You truly feel like you are on an island somewhere. Had no issues all week long w bus service except one time going to Epcot we waited about 30 min for Epcot bus to come but that was it! Rooms could use an update but we honestly were only in room to sleep/shower so who cares. Hope that helps!
Old 10-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #2408
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just got back, and also had serious second thoughts about moving to WL from CBR as there were no many comments about CBR being outdated, too spread out, lousy staff, too many bus stops, etc. Well, I stayed in Aruba 54 -- which is fairly far from OPR -- and I loved it. My room was clean, the mousekeeping was very good, the staff was courteous. I don't think I ever had more than 4 stops on the bus, most of the time it was our bus stop, barbados and off to the parks. The room carpet had a couple of minor worn spots, the Nemo themed border wasn't my taste, but the grounds were spectacular, the staff was attentive. I think it took me 7 minutes to walk to OPR, and given all the beautiful distractions, it was enjoyable. The food at OPR was okay -- its a food court, for fine dining we ate at Artist Point and Yachtsmen Steakhouse -- we took it for what it was, a busy cafeteria!

I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Tom
Old 10-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #2409
Deb123
Mouseketeer

We are AP holders and go to Disney ALOT! But for some reason, I have always been reluctant to book Carribean Beach because of mixed reviews. This yr, I'm on a mission to stay at all the resorts we haven't so CB it is! Will be checking in Dec. 9th in a preferred room with a ground floor request. Got a lot of catching up to do with all the reading on this board. Any tips are appreciated! But looking forward to trying this resort out.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #2410
BadDad
Mouseketeer

My D will be in the DCP for Spr 2014.
My S was a CP in Spr 2011, when we visited in Aug 2013. He took us to check out CBR. I plan to stay there March 2014.

Do they have coffee makers?
Old 10-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #2411
Deb123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Thanks for the link to these pictures! These rooms are Beautiful! Are these what the rooms look like now at CB??? Is that a trundle bed under the TV? And where are theses rooms located at and what is the likelihood of getting in one? We are booked in a preferred room. Thank you so much!
Old 10-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #2412
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDad View Post
My S was a CP in Spr 2011, when we visited in Aug 2013. He took us to check out CBR. I plan to stay there March 2014.

Yes, there was coffee maker witht he Joeffrey pods in my room.

Tom
Old 10-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #2413
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb123 View Post
We are AP holders and go to Disney ALOT! But for some reason, I have always been reluctant to book Carribean Beach because of mixed reviews. This yr, I'm on a mission to stay at all the resorts we haven't so CB it is! Will be checking in Dec. 9th in a preferred room with a ground floor request. Got a lot of catching up to do with all the reading on this board. Any tips are appreciated! But looking forward to trying this resort out.
Since you've booked preferred, you'll be in one of the buildings in Trinidad North or in Martinque 26, 25 or 24. We have stayed at the CBR many many times and are already counting down the days to our 2014 stay. The resort landscaping is lush and so pretty. One of our favorite things to do is sit around in the beach chairs or in one of the hammocks and just relax. You can see the higher Epcot fireworks from several villages and from the Old Port Royale courrtyard.

I have lots of pictures of the resort in my trip report. The link is in my signature below. Post #2 of the report has links to all of the chapters so it won't take you long to look around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDad View Post

Yes, there are coffee makers in the room. They use the flat round coffee pods which are provided by the mousekeepers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb123 View Post
Thanks for the link to these pictures! These rooms are Beautiful! Are these what the rooms look like now at CB??? Is that a trundle bed under the TV? And where are theses rooms located at and what is the likelihood of getting in one? We are booked in a preferred room. Thank you so much!
The link that was posted above shows pictures that were taken by someone who stayed at the CBR quite some time back. I know at least before May, 2013 since I saw them before our trip. The rooms are going to be redone starting in April, 2014 but there's no confirmation that the rooms will look like those.

Here's the link to the CBR picture thread. I'd suggest that you start on the last page and work your way backwards since the most recent pictures are towards the end.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #2414
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
I just got back, and also had serious second thoughts about moving to WL from CBR as there were no many comments about CBR being outdated, too spread out, lousy staff, too many bus stops, etc. Well, I stayed in Aruba 54 -- which is fairly far from OPR -- and I loved it. My room was clean, the mousekeeping was very good, the staff was courteous. I don't think I ever had more than 4 stops on the bus, most of the time it was our bus stop, barbados and off to the parks. The room carpet had a couple of minor worn spots, the Nemo themed border wasn't my taste, but the grounds were spectacular, the staff was attentive. I think it took me 7 minutes to walk to OPR, and given all the beautiful distractions, it was enjoyable. The food at OPR was okay -- its a food court, for fine dining we ate at Artist Point and Yachtsmen Steakhouse -- we took it for what it was, a busy cafeteria!

I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Tom
Hi Tom I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I know you were hesitant at first. That is exactly how we felt before our fist stay and we have now stayed at CBR our last 4 trips. We just love it. Thanks for the mini review.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #2415
lakelandgal70
Life is too short for fake butter, cheese or people....

We are DVC owners and this will be our first time staying here this weekend. Wasn't my first choice and worried about not being able to stay at our home resort but looking forward to trying this resort out!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: