Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #2326
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran
 
Marsheliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,718

Are the movies played nightly? We arrive early Saturday and would to try the movie, if playing
__________________
Me ( 29) DH (30) DS (5) DS (2)
In Memory of my mama... 10-15-56- 04-10-13
Second Star to the Right and Straight on Till Morning

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!


October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Marsheliz is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #2327
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 5,567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Are the movies played nightly? We arrive early Saturday and would to try the movie, if playing
Every night, weather dependent. See the October schedule in post #2318.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #2328
totebagg
Mouseketeer
 
totebagg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinmom View Post
At the airport now. Can't wait till we land at 9:35 am. Hopefully it won't take too long to get to CBR. Our first time taking DME.
So exciting. Hope you arrived safely and have a fabulous time!
__________________
totebagg is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #2329
workinmom
Mouseketeer
 
workinmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Maryland
Posts: 345

Just wanted to post we are in Jamaica 4336 & we have a fridge & it seems to be working. There is a note posted inside the cabinet door about the fridges being replaced. It's plugged in & seems to be working. I'm assuming it's an old fridge or the note wouldn't be there but it seems to be working.
__________________
POR-Oct 2001 - 1st family trip to WDW!!!
WL-Aug 2008 - 2nd family trip to WDW!!!
CSR-Aug 2011 - 3rd family trip to WDW!!!
CBR-Oct 2013 - 1st DD & mom trip to Food & Wine!!!
- ME - DH - DD (22) - DS (19)
workinmom is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #2330
frostymom
Mouseketeer
 
frostymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvsTnk View Post
An hour delay for a bus is going to be a big deal when they roll out magic bands and FP+. I don't think guests are going to be too happy when one if their FP+ selections gets ticked off randomly because of a late bus at the resort. Right now there are only 3 selections to be made that's not a lot of FP's. I don't think anyone would figure in an hour late bus into their traveling to the parks time.
I'm seriously thinking of changing my reservation...rooms are not up to par, beds are small, no fridges, and horrendous bus waits. don't think this is going to be very stress free with my young sons and I, a single mom. And all this loveliness at the same rate as the other moderates!
__________________


A LONG TIME IN THE MAKING!
frostymom is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #2331
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 5,567

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinmom View Post
Just wanted to post we are in Jamaica 4336 & we have a fridge & it seems to be working. There is a note posted inside the cabinet door about the fridges being replaced. It's plugged in & seems to be working. I'm assuming it's an old fridge or the note wouldn't be there but it seems to be working.
That's great you have a working fridge. Our friends are at CBR now too and one of the housekeeping managers told them that CBR is 85% done with the fridge swap out and should be at 100% by the 21st.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #2332
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 5,567

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvsTnk View Post
I don't think anyone would figure in an hour late bus into their traveling to the parks time.
Actually, every Disney Guide Book I have seen/read recommends allowing 60-90 minutes to get from point A to point B using WDW transportation. Granted the longest I've ever waited on a bus at CBR is 20 minutes, but it's the luck of the draw.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 01:33 AM   #2333
summersun47
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: southend on sea, UK
Posts: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
The DIS rules won't let me post the link, but if you google for "Disney outdoor movie schedule" the first link should be from build a better mouse trip. Click on that and you can select the resort you are staying at and get the movie schedule. Disney doesn't release the new schedule until the 1st and this Site usually has them posted by the 4th of each month.
thank you
summersun47 is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #2334
LvsTnk
Disney Crazy
 
LvsTnk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Il. & AKV/BLT
Posts: 3,049

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Actually, every Disney Guide Book I have seen/read recommends allowing 60-90 minutes to get from point A to point B using WDW transportation. Granted the longest I've ever waited on a bus at CBR is 20 minutes, but it's the luck of the draw.
I just did a quick search on the Disney Moms panel and they say buses run around every 20min from resort to park. An hour wait for a bus is definately not the norm but if I have an important ADR or fast pass plus you need to keep it's good to know these things can happen at any resort. At the end of Oct. a new ADR policy will roll out as well requiring a credit card guarantee for all your major sit down restaurants. It's going to be super important to plan transportation in regards to that as well.

Thank you all who report back your experiences it helps everyone so much lot's of new things going on at Disney!
__________________

LvsTnk is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #2335
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 5,567

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvsTnk View Post
I just did a quick search on the Disney Moms panel and they say buses run around every 20min from resort to park. An hour wait for a bus is definately not the norm but if I have an important ADR or fast pass plus you need to keep it's good to know these things can happen at any resort. At the end of Oct. a new ADR policy will roll out as well requiring a credit card guarantee for all your major sit down restaurants. It's going to be super important to plan transportation in regards to that as well.
Oh I agree it's definitely not the norm. But, this is the reason why it is recommended to allow 60-90 mins if you have to get somewhere by a specific time. This will allow for the out of the ordinary long waits.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #2336
Vixster
DIS Veteran
 
Vixster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wiltshire England
Posts: 554

Anyone no if anything happening on Halloween night?.
__________________
Vixster is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #2337
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran
 
KonaKaiTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Hartford, CT
Posts: 589

Good morning Disboard friends -- I'm locked and loaded and ready to remember the magic. I will report back on the good, the bad, and the ugly! Ha, hopefully, I will be pleasantly surprised by how much CBR exceeds my expectations.

And to those that are going to be arriving tomorrow -- safe travels, and enjoy the 90 high and 70 low days

Tom
__________________
CSR 1997, Dolphin 1997, Swan 1998, FW 2000, BC 2001, YC 2002, POR 2012, GF 2012, OKW 2012, WL 2013, CBR 2013, GF 2014
KonaKaiTom is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #2338
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostymom View Post
I'm seriously thinking of changing my reservation...rooms are not up to par, beds are small, no fridges, and horrendous bus waits. don't think this is going to be very stress free with my young sons and I, a single mom. And all this loveliness at the same rate as the other moderates!
To be completely honest, if you read reviews on any of the resorts, you are going to find both good and bad reports about the rooms, mousekeeping and transportation. From the values to the deluxe resorts. As a matter of fact, the deluxe resorts often have the worst transportation and, just recently, I read about a super long wait for the buses at CSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
Good morning Disboard friends -- I'm locked and loaded and ready to remember the magic. I will report back on the good, the bad, and the ugly! Ha, hopefully, I will be pleasantly surprised by how much CBR exceeds my expectations.

And to those that are going to be arriving tomorrow -- safe travels, and enjoy the 90 high and 70 low days

Tom
Have a fantastic trip!
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #2339
LvsTnk
Disney Crazy
 
LvsTnk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Il. & AKV/BLT
Posts: 3,049

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostymom View Post
I'm seriously thinking of changing my reservation...rooms are not up to par, beds are small, no fridges, and horrendous bus waits. don't think this is going to be very stress free with my young sons and I, a single mom. And all this loveliness at the same rate as the other moderates!
I know exactly what you mean I'm traveling just me and my DS with special needs but I will be using a rental car some of the time. I think the most important thing is to be prepared and that's what's good about reports. All resorts have glitches in service it's a really big property. The difference between some of the deluxes and the moderates is that there are transportation options.
Walking to some parks, boats and monorails. You aren't always on a bus.

The bed size is what it is for now and I'm not too sure what the fridge situation is at the other moderates. Just keep doing your research and reading the boards and trust your instincts with whatever decision you make. Then when you get there don't let anything ruin that magical trip with your boys!
__________________

LvsTnk is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #2340
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran
 
KonaKaiTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Hartford, CT
Posts: 589

The whistle just blew indicating my release from work. And as my ticker shows -- I'm off to the World. See ya real soon friends! I'm about to go pirate of the caribbean!

Tom
__________________
CSR 1997, Dolphin 1997, Swan 1998, FW 2000, BC 2001, YC 2002, POR 2012, GF 2012, OKW 2012, WL 2013, CBR 2013, GF 2014
KonaKaiTom is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: