Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #2326
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Are the movies played nightly? We arrive early Saturday and would to try the movie, if playing

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Old 10-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #2327
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Are the movies played nightly? We arrive early Saturday and would to try the movie, if playing
Every night, weather dependent. See the October schedule in post #2318.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #2328
totebagg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinmom View Post
At the airport now. Can't wait till we land at 9:35 am. Hopefully it won't take too long to get to CBR. Our first time taking DME.
So exciting. Hope you arrived safely and have a fabulous time!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #2329
workinmom
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to post we are in Jamaica 4336 & we have a fridge & it seems to be working. There is a note posted inside the cabinet door about the fridges being replaced. It's plugged in & seems to be working. I'm assuming it's an old fridge or the note wouldn't be there but it seems to be working.
CBR-Oct 2013 - 1st DD & mom trip to Food & Wine!!!
- ME - DH - DD (22) - DS (19)
Old 10-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #2330
frostymom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvsTnk View Post
An hour delay for a bus is going to be a big deal when they roll out magic bands and FP+. I don't think guests are going to be too happy when one if their FP+ selections gets ticked off randomly because of a late bus at the resort. Right now there are only 3 selections to be made that's not a lot of FP's. I don't think anyone would figure in an hour late bus into their traveling to the parks time.
I'm seriously thinking of changing my reservation...rooms are not up to par, beds are small, no fridges, and horrendous bus waits. don't think this is going to be very stress free with my young sons and I, a single mom. And all this loveliness at the same rate as the other moderates!

A LONG TIME IN THE MAKING!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #2331
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinmom View Post
Just wanted to post we are in Jamaica 4336 & we have a fridge & it seems to be working. There is a note posted inside the cabinet door about the fridges being replaced. It's plugged in & seems to be working. I'm assuming it's an old fridge or the note wouldn't be there but it seems to be working.
That's great you have a working fridge. Our friends are at CBR now too and one of the housekeeping managers told them that CBR is 85% done with the fridge swap out and should be at 100% by the 21st.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #2332
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think anyone would figure in an hour late bus into their traveling to the parks time.
Actually, every Disney Guide Book I have seen/read recommends allowing 60-90 minutes to get from point A to point B using WDW transportation. Granted the longest I've ever waited on a bus at CBR is 20 minutes, but it's the luck of the draw.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:33 AM   #2333
summersun47
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
The DIS rules won't let me post the link, but if you google for "Disney outdoor movie schedule" the first link should be from build a better mouse trip. Click on that and you can select the resort you are staying at and get the movie schedule. Disney doesn't release the new schedule until the 1st and this Site usually has them posted by the 4th of each month.
thank you
Old 10-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #2334
LvsTnk
Disney Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Actually, every Disney Guide Book I have seen/read recommends allowing 60-90 minutes to get from point A to point B using WDW transportation. Granted the longest I've ever waited on a bus at CBR is 20 minutes, but it's the luck of the draw.
I just did a quick search on the Disney Moms panel and they say buses run around every 20min from resort to park. An hour wait for a bus is definately not the norm but if I have an important ADR or fast pass plus you need to keep it's good to know these things can happen at any resort. At the end of Oct. a new ADR policy will roll out as well requiring a credit card guarantee for all your major sit down restaurants. It's going to be super important to plan transportation in regards to that as well.

Thank you all who report back your experiences it helps everyone so much lot's of new things going on at Disney!

Old 10-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #2335
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just did a quick search on the Disney Moms panel and they say buses run around every 20min from resort to park. An hour wait for a bus is definately not the norm but if I have an important ADR or fast pass plus you need to keep it's good to know these things can happen at any resort. At the end of Oct. a new ADR policy will roll out as well requiring a credit card guarantee for all your major sit down restaurants. It's going to be super important to plan transportation in regards to that as well.
Oh I agree it's definitely not the norm. But, this is the reason why it is recommended to allow 60-90 mins if you have to get somewhere by a specific time. This will allow for the out of the ordinary long waits.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #2336
Vixster
DIS Veteran

Anyone no if anything happening on Halloween night?.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #2337
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Good morning Disboard friends -- I'm locked and loaded and ready to remember the magic. I will report back on the good, the bad, and the ugly! Ha, hopefully, I will be pleasantly surprised by how much CBR exceeds my expectations.

And to those that are going to be arriving tomorrow -- safe travels, and enjoy the 90 high and 70 low days

Tom
Old 10-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #2338
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostymom View Post
I'm seriously thinking of changing my reservation...rooms are not up to par, beds are small, no fridges, and horrendous bus waits. don't think this is going to be very stress free with my young sons and I, a single mom. And all this loveliness at the same rate as the other moderates!
To be completely honest, if you read reviews on any of the resorts, you are going to find both good and bad reports about the rooms, mousekeeping and transportation. From the values to the deluxe resorts. As a matter of fact, the deluxe resorts often have the worst transportation and, just recently, I read about a super long wait for the buses at CSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
Good morning Disboard friends -- I'm locked and loaded and ready to remember the magic. I will report back on the good, the bad, and the ugly! Ha, hopefully, I will be pleasantly surprised by how much CBR exceeds my expectations.

And to those that are going to be arriving tomorrow -- safe travels, and enjoy the 90 high and 70 low days

Tom
Have a fantastic trip!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #2339
LvsTnk
Disney Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostymom View Post
I know exactly what you mean I'm traveling just me and my DS with special needs but I will be using a rental car some of the time. I think the most important thing is to be prepared and that's what's good about reports. All resorts have glitches in service it's a really big property. The difference between some of the deluxes and the moderates is that there are transportation options.
Walking to some parks, boats and monorails. You aren't always on a bus.

The bed size is what it is for now and I'm not too sure what the fridge situation is at the other moderates. Just keep doing your research and reading the boards and trust your instincts with whatever decision you make. Then when you get there don't let anything ruin that magical trip with your boys!

Old 10-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #2340
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

The whistle just blew indicating my release from work. And as my ticker shows -- I'm off to the World. See ya real soon friends! I'm about to go pirate of the caribbean!

Tom

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: