Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #2281
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjeanie View Post
I hope you get it! You are very helpful and knowledgeable, you'd be perfect!
Thanks! Who would have ever guessed that we'd have been sucked into the Disney vortex all those trips ago.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #2282
lowlight79
Earning My Ears

3 days to go! better be a fridge in my room or I am going for that credit!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #2283
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlight79 View Post
3 days to go! better be a fridge in my room or I am going for that credit!
I requested a fridge for 2 of our 4 rooms for medical purposes. I think if I don't have one I may ask for the credit, but not sure cause I really do not 100% need one.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #2284
totebagg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninamouse View Post

I arrive Friday too! So excited! :-)
We arrive Friday as well! I can't believe it's almost here!!!

2013 - CBR Pirate Room, 2014 - POR, 2015 - CBR
Old 10-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #2285
pisc0011
Earning My Ears

Which rooms/buildings have been most recently updated?

I was wondering if anyone knows which buildings and rooms have been most recently updated?
Old 10-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #2286
kive1484
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninamouse View Post
I arrive Friday too! So excited! :-)
SO DO WE!!!!! Can't wait!!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #2287
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Good luck with the Mom's Panel, Lisa! You'd be great at it.
Sad to say, we're definitely looking at May 2015 for our next trip to WDW. That is plenty of time for the CBR refurb to be done and all the FP+ stuff to be worked out....(trying to be positive).
Old 10-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #2288
MacClemsons
Mouseketeer

We were there 10/4-6 in Jamaica. Underwhelmed. Definitely needs an update and please take off the Nemo wallpaper border.

Was pretty crabby about not having a fridge and having to ask for a discount multiple times. They only offered me $10 per day.
I would have just been happy with a free mug.

Upcoming AoA May 14 SWW
Jan 14 Coronado 1/2 Marathon
Dec 13 ASMu, Oct 13 CBR ToT 10 miler, Sept 13 MNSSHP AoA Nemo Suite, May 13 Cabins, Apr 13 ASSports, Feb 13 POP, Jan 13 SOG
Sep 12 MNSSHP ASMovies, June 12 - SWW off property, Mar 12 SOG
Dec 11 POR, Sep 11 ASMovies
Dec 09 MVMCP ASMovies, Sep 08 SOG, July 03 Hilton DTD
Old 10-15-2013, 12:28 AM   #2289
Alderbrook
DIS Veteran

We were there sept 28-oct 6. Jamaica 45 room 4515. No working fridge but did get $15 per night credit. Haven't seen my statement yet as we left to come home at 4 am so hopefully it's there. We drove so we took a portable plug in cooler which worked awesome and fit right where the fridge should be. We've stayed at CBR numerous times. The walk across the bridge from Jamaica is about 3 mins, whoever did it in 7 mins must be a slow walker.

The only complaint we had were the buses. We waited an hour for a MK bus one morning. We've never waited this long. It was early MH at MK that morning but we shouldn't have to wait an hour with 2 small children with us. We called on the phone at the bus stop and asked 2 bus drivers to other parks what was going on. The bus stop filled up quickly with other angry people. We were at the bus stop at 9 am and didn't get to MK until 10:30. Disappointing to say the least, but really that was the only issue we had in 8 nights.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #2290
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

It looks like a lot of us are arriving Friday -- who's up for a DISboard meet and greet? I land late morning, so I expect to be at CBR around noon.

Tom
Old 10-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #2291
LvsTnk
Disney Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderbrook View Post
We were there sept 28-oct 6. Jamaica 45 room 4515. No working fridge but did get $15 per night credit. Haven't seen my statement yet as we left to come home at 4 am so hopefully it's there. We drove so we took a portable plug in cooler which worked awesome and fit right where the fridge should be. We've stayed at CBR numerous times. The walk across the bridge from Jamaica is about 3 mins, whoever did it in 7 mins must be a slow walker.

The only complaint we had were the buses. We waited an hour for a MK bus one morning. We've never waited this long. It was early MH at MK that morning but we shouldn't have to wait an hour with 2 small children with us. We called on the phone at the bus stop and asked 2 bus drivers to other parks what was going on. The bus stop filled up quickly with other angry people. We were at the bus stop at 9 am and didn't get to MK until 10:30. Disappointing to say the least, but really that was the only issue we had in 8 nights.
An hour delay for a bus is going to be a big deal when they roll out magic bands and FP+. I don't think guests are going to be too happy when one if their FP+ selections gets ticked off randomly because of a late bus at the resort. Right now there are only 3 selections to be made that's not a lot of FP's. I don't think anyone would figure in an hour late bus into their traveling to the parks time.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #2292
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post
Good luck with the Mom's Panel, Lisa! You'd be great at it.
Sad to say, we're definitely looking at May 2015 for our next trip to WDW. That is plenty of time for the CBR refurb to be done and all the FP+ stuff to be worked out....(trying to be positive).
Thank you!

It's a bummer to wait until May, 2015 but, like you said, all the kinds will be worked out no the Magic Bands and the refurb will be all done when you get there.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 10-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #2293
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisc0011 View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows which buildings and rooms have been most recently updated?
The rooms were redone a few years back with a slight Nemo theme. It was recently confirmed to me that the rooms will be refurbed and they expect to begin in April, 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacClemsons View Post
We were there 10/4-6 in Jamaica. Underwhelmed. Definitely needs an update and please take off the Nemo wallpaper border.

Was pretty crabby about not having a fridge and having to ask for a discount multiple times. They only offered me $10 per day.
I would have just been happy with a free mug.
Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. The Nemo wallpaper border has been there for a few years now and some have recently reported that their rooms had the border and some didn't.

I can understand the crabby feeling that you didn't have a fridge but it is what it is. All fridges are being replaced and I am sure that it's a daunting task given how many resorts/fridges that needs to be replaced. I know that we'd miss a refrigerator for sure.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #2294
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderbrook View Post

Hope that the credit is there when you look at your statement. I agree with you about the walks. We have stayed all over the resort and the only time that we had a 7 minute was the time we were in Barbados 11 and walked behind a couple with a double stroller. That slowed us down a bit. My 78 year old mother has arthritis in her feet and was able to walk from Jamaica to OPR in about 5 minutes.

Holy smokes! I have never had an hour long wait for a bus. That's crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvsTnk View Post
An hour delay for a bus is going to be a big deal when they roll out magic bands and FP+. I don't think guests are going to be too happy when one if their FP+ selections gets ticked off randomly because of a late bus at the resort. Right now there are only 3 selections to be made that's not a lot of FP's. I don't think anyone would figure in an hour late bus into their traveling to the parks time.
As I said above, we've never had an hour long wait for a bus during any of our stays. The longest wait we have ever had was 25 minutes to DTD and the water parks. Other than that, they have always arrived quickly. Hopefully, that was something that won't happen again because, like you said, no one figures in an extra hour because a bus is late.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #2295
LvsTnk
Disney Crazy

CBR isn't the first to have a really late bus and I'm sure it won't be the last. It's happened to us a few times over the years. The thought just crossed my mind that if that happened to us we would have missed our first FP+ at Space Mountain.

For all of you landing at the world Friday for great bus service!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: