Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #211
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 5,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicPie View Post
I saw this too.. but I called to ask about it and the CM could find no information at all about any refurbs. She said if there were any they would most certainly be listed on whatever lists or whatever it was she was looking at. Soooo, not sure what's going on with that.
Trust me, the CMs in Central Reservations are THE LAST people to know about any closures/refurbs. This is from another source and seems to match.

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...rbishments.pdf
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is online now  
Old 01-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #212
Betsy82
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 117

Will those of you going soon post the request options for online check-in?

I have seen pictures of a Pop check-in but no other resorts! Seems there you can request a certain area and I'd love to know if it's the same for CBR?

Thanks!
Betsy82 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #213
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran
 
bigbabyblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 9,889

Are the courtyard areas with the tables smoking or non-smoking? My DS' birthday is during our trip. We found out friends will be in Orlando a few of the same days, and we are thinking about getting something from Baby Cakes at DTD to have a little party--he is gluten and dairy free, and this would be easiest, I think. I'm assuming the can visit us there, as long as they don't swim?
bigbabyblues is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #214
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 5,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues
Are the courtyard areas with the tables smoking or non-smoking?
Non-smoking.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is online now  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:09 AM   #215
germ539
Goofy is my favorite
 
germ539's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Too far from Goofy
Posts: 400

air mattress

Is there enough room with the double beds for a double air mattress or does it need to be a single air mattress?
__________________
Many trips - offsite
1995 - Dixie Landings
2007 - Old Key West
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
germ539 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:14 AM   #216
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
Is there enough room with the double beds for a double air mattress or does it need to be a single air mattress?
There's not enough room for a double air mattress but a single/twin fits fine. We've done it several times.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is online now  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #217
germ539
Goofy is my favorite
 
germ539's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Too far from Goofy
Posts: 400

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
There's not enough room for a double air mattress but a single/twin fits fine. We've done it several times.
Wish they would have the queen beds, having a 15 year along with DH and me, the double beds just quite wouldn't be big enough. We have a double air but not a single and don't know if I want to invest in a single also.
__________________
Many trips - offsite
1995 - Dixie Landings
2007 - Old Key West
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
germ539 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:25 AM   #218
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
Wish they would have the queen beds, having a 15 year along with DH and me, the double beds just quite wouldn't be big enough. We have a double air but not a single and don't know if I want to invest in a single also.
I paid less than $20 for a twin air mattress at Walmart in the camping section. We've used it several times at the CBR and when traveling to other destinations as well.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is online now  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #219
germ539
Goofy is my favorite
 
germ539's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Too far from Goofy
Posts: 400

queens

are they ever going to get queen beds at CBR? I'm surprised when they did the refub to the Nemo themed and Pirate themed that they didn't go ahead and upgrade to queen beds. Even all the other mods have gone to queen and they were built after CBR with CBR being the first mod if I am correct?
__________________
Many trips - offsite
1995 - Dixie Landings
2007 - Old Key West
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
germ539 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:38 AM   #220
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
are they ever going to get queen beds at CBR? I'm surprised when they did the refub to the Nemo themed and Pirate themed that they didn't go ahead and upgrade to queen beds. Even all the other mods have gone to queen and they were built after CBR with CBR being the first mod if I am correct?
The CBR was, indeed, the first moderate resort on Disney property. I was told, in May, by a mousekeeper that they would be changing the beds over to queens. When I booked my May, 2013 stay, the Disney Travel castmember asked if I had stayed in one of the rooms with the new queen beds during our May, 2012 stay. Some others have been told that there will be a change-over of the beds as well but nothing has happened so far.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is online now  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #221
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran
 
EpcotBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 2,780

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The CBR was, indeed, the first moderate resort on Disney property. I was told, in May, by a mousekeeper that they would be changing the beds over to queens. When I booked my May, 2013 stay, the Disney Travel castmember asked if I had stayed in one of the rooms with the new queen beds during our May, 2012 stay. Some others have been told that there will be a change-over of the beds as well but nothing has happened so far.
So was the CM saying that some rooms have queens already? I thought they were all still doubles.

Hey, I thought you were switching over to POR for your next trip. Change your mind? I know it's hard to break away from what you love and try something different.
EpcotBill is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #222
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
So was the CM saying that some rooms have queens already? I thought they were all still doubles.

Hey, I thought you were switching over to POR for your next trip. Change your mind? I know it's hard to break away from what you love and try something different.
When I booked our May, 2013 trip, she asked if we had been to the CBR before and I answered yes and she asked when. I told her May, 2012 and that's when she asked if we had stayed in the rooms with the queen beds. I don't know if she was confused or if she knew about a bed change-over to come.

I do have a one night stay booked at POR but then we are switching over to the CBR. My mother is coming along and is familiar with the CBR and will be staying at the resort more than we will so I felt like we needed to stay somewhere she was comfortable with.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is online now  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #223
LuvLDM
DIS Veteran
 
LuvLDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 912

Does anyone know if they still sell those coconuts that you can mail, sort of like a postcard? They were sold in the gift shop & came w/ pre-paid postage.

I'm not staying at CBR but I would make a special trip there just to grab a few of those coconuts!

Thanks!
LuvLDM is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #224
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLDM View Post
Does anyone know if they still sell those coconuts that you can mail, sort of like a postcard? They were sold in the gift shop & came w/ pre-paid postage.

I'm not staying at CBR but I would make a special trip there just to grab a few of those coconuts!

Thanks!
They were there in May, 2012.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is online now  
Old 01-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #225
Lisa555
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 15

We booked a preferred room for our stay. I booked online, but was going to call to add to our reservation that we would like a second floor room. Should I also request a specific building number in Martinique or Trinidad North or is that too pushy? We would like to be near a beach, playground, main pool and the food court. We have two young boys and blue is their favourite colour, so I was leaning toward Martinique, if only for that reason, but would love to hear people's opinions on the various preferred buildings. We had originally planned to stay in Jamaica based on your great comments about it, but then heard about the upcoming painting project and thought we would rather avoid that.

Thanks for any advice!
Lisa555 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: