Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #181
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious & Curiouser View Post
I have a probably stupid question but I figured worth asking lol
Can I fit get a roll away bed to have a 5th person in the room? It's me, my husband, and 3 kids just wondering .....
There is a max of 4 people allowed in a room. I think if one of your kids is under 2 they waive that, but you cannot have a 5th person in your room, you have to get 2 rooms or a family suite.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 01-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #182
Curious & Curiouser
Mouseketeer

Oh poo lol thank you 2 connected rooms it is

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 12:43 AM   #183
Lisa555
Earning My Ears

Does CBR have bed rails available upon request? Is there a cost?
Old 01-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #184
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa555 View Post
Does CBR have bed rails available upon request?
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa555 View Post
Is there a cost?
Nope.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #185
CerysG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious & Curiouser View Post
I have a probably stupid question but I figured worth asking lol
Can I fit get a roll away bed to have a 5th person in the room? It's me, my husband, and 3 kids just wondering .....
We were faced with the same thing as there a 5 of us as well and we went with two rooms just so we had a bit more room. We asked for connecting rooms and on the reservation info they sent me it says it's guaranteed but from what I've heard from this BB it really isn't. However I might print off that e-mail when we go and if we don't get connecting rooms ask why they told me it was guaranteed? I'm not a trouble maker but I hate when people give you false information especially in this case where it might really matter to a family if they have small children. Now my oldest will be 16 by then so if worse comes to worse as long as she and the 12 year old have a room beside us I'm not to worried. I'd be intested to hear if they guarantee you conecting rooms as well or if they tell you something else.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #186
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

RHMH Here !!!!!

To All - DD 13 and I are ready to get out of town

Saturday 07/13/2013
Arrive MCO 9:48AM
Check in to Resort - CBR
Receive Groceries from Wego Shop
Disney Bus - Play Day At Downtown Disney
T-Rex - Dinner Reservation # xxxxxxxxx919 - 4:00 PM

Sunday 07/14/2013
Magic Kingdom Magic Hours 10:00 PM- 1:00 AM
Be Our Guest - Dinner Reservation # xxxxxxxxx933 4:45 PM

Monday 07/15/2013
Hollywood Studios Magic Hours 9:00 PM- 12:00 AM
Sci-fi Dining - Lunch Reservation # xxxxxxxxx031 - 12:55 PM

Tuesday 07/16/2013 Celebrate My 55th Birthday
Epcot Magic Hours 9:00 PM 12:00 AM
Eat and Snack at World Showcase - Lunch
Rose & Crown Pub - Dinner Reservation # xxxxxxxxx097 - 5:45 PM

Wednesday 07/17/2013
Animal Kingdom Magic Hours 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Ohana's Polynesian - Dinner Reservation # xxxxxxxxx031 - 7:05 PM

Thursday 07/18/2013
Blizzard Beach Water Park
Chef Mickey Contemporary - Dinner Reservation # xxxxxxxxx825 - 7:35 PM

Friday 07/19/2013
Magic Kingdom Magic Hours 10:00 PM- 1:00 AM
Tony's - Lunch Reservation # xxxxxxxxx743 - 12:50 PM

Saturday 07/20/2013
Hollywood Studios until flight at 7:20 PM

DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Old 01-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #187
sammyjo1871
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerysG

We were faced with the same thing as there a 5 of us as well and we went with two rooms just so we had a bit more room. We asked for connecting rooms and on the reservation info they sent me it says it's guaranteed but from what I've heard from this BB it really isn't. However I might print off that e-mail when we go and if we don't get connecting rooms ask why they told me it was guaranteed? I'm not a trouble maker but I hate when people give you false information especially in this case where it might really matter to a family if they have small children. Now my oldest will be 16 by then so if worse comes to worse as long as she and the 12 year old have a room beside us I'm not to worried. I'd be intested to hear if they guarantee you conecting rooms as well or if they tell you something else.
I read somewhere that if the children outnumber the adults in your party, they do guarantee the connecting rooms.

Me DS6

Old 01-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #188
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

Thanks to Lisa (Mickeystoontown) for all the info over the last two years.
For a good laugh and info read her TR.

Back history - DD37 has been at WDW for the last 5 years and stayed at CSR last year. She stays at a new place each time. In 2011 the 9 of us stayed at POR (and loved it) When she stayed last year I tried to get her to stay at CBR as Lisa made it sound like the best of all. She said she would try CSR as not to stay at the same place for our family trip in 2013. She did not care for the long walks to her room and the food service was poor and to get there was worse. Long wait for bus's. Construction meant longer walks. She was not impressed. Beautiful but? As a family we plan to go to WDW every other year and vacation elseware every off year. Mertle Beach last year and San Antone next.

At the Family Christmas get together we agreed on CBR and made the call for three rooms preferred. When we heard about the discount we called for it. ADR's were made last week. We can't wait for our 8 days starting June 7th 2013. The wife and I plan visiting other resorts and down time at CBR. Relax more this time and enjoy.

Thank you Lisa (or is it Hannibal) for your TR's to show how CBR is for a resort.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #189
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
Thanks to Lisa (Mickeystoontown) for all the info over the last two years.
For a good laugh and info read her TR.

Back history - DD37 has been at WDW for the last 5 years and stayed at CSR last year. She stays at a new place each time. In 2011 the 9 of us stayed at POR (and loved it) When she stayed last year I tried to get her to stay at CBR as Lisa made it sound like the best of all. She said she would try CSR as not to stay at the same place for our family trip in 2013. She did not care for the long walks to her room and the food service was poor and to get there was worse. Long wait for bus's. Construction meant longer walks. She was not impressed. Beautiful but? As a family we plan to go to WDW every other year and vacation elseware every off year. Mertle Beach last year and San Antone next.

At the Family Christmas get together we agreed on CBR and made the call for three rooms preferred. When we heard about the discount we called for it. ADR's were made last week. We can't wait for our 8 days starting June 7th 2013. The wife and I plan visiting other resorts and down time at CBR. Relax more this time and enjoy.

Thank you Lisa (or is it Hannibal) for your TR's to show how CBR is for a resort.
First off, I am laughing my behind off at the Hannibal reference! Not one of my most beautiful moments.

For those of you who haven't read my report, please come on over. I' have lots of CBR pictures and more to come.

I hate to hear that the CSR didn't work out for ya'll. We struggle each year on whether or not change to another moderate but end up at the CBR since we know that we love it so much.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #190
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyjo1871 View Post
I read somewhere that if the children outnumber the adults in your party, they do guarantee the connecting rooms.
They don't. There have been posters who have not received their supposedly guaranteed connecting rooms. I have no idea why they even put that on some reservations, as their own web site states connecting rooms are a request only, and not guaranteed.

The reality is that the only thing you are guaranteed by your reservation is a room on Disney property. Everything else is subject to availability. I know this first hand as twice I have been downgraded from a paid for room type to a lesser one.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #191
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

Lisa - We figured that if someone had stayed so many times at one resort and had little problem and just loved what they had that they didn't feel they needed a change that was good enough for us.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #192
dmiller64152
Mouseketeer

Might be old news here but I just read that CBRs locks are currently being changed over for RFID. I'm going in June and hoping for the magicband!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #193
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
Lisa - We figured that if someone had stayed so many times at one resort and had little problem and just loved what they had that they didn't feel they needed a change that was good enough for us.
In all honesty, we have never had any major issues at the CBR. Just once was the mousekeeping not up to par but, after talking with the mousekeeper on the second day, the room was always sparkling clean.

I'm already counting down the days until we are back on those beautiful beaches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller64152 View Post
Might be old news here but I just read that CBRs locks are currently being changed over for RFID. I'm going in June and hoping for the magicband!
I had read that too. I'm not sure if they've finished the process or not. Maybe somebody that's been there recently can post.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #194
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller64152 View Post
Our locks were RFID 2 weeks ago, no bracelet but you just tap your card like on the cruise ships.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #195
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDisneyFreak View Post
Our locks were RFID 2 weeks ago, no bracelet but you just tap your card like on the cruise ships.
When we were there in mid-Nov they were starting the switch over. I believe they started with the pirate rooms.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: