Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #1801
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy85 View Post
I am sooooooo jealous! Have a great time and if you get the chance, please let us know what your fridge situation is. Thanks!!
I absolutely will!

If anyone has any other questions or things they want me to check while I'm there, please post and I will try to get an update.

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #1802
mrsparker13
Mouseketeer

8 days until check in!!! So excited!! This will be my families first Disney Trip and of course our 1st time at CBR!! Just curious about 1 thing, I we want to make rope drop at the parks what time do we need to be at the bus stop?
mrsparker13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #1803
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsparker13 View Post
8 days until check in!!! So excited!! This will be my families first Disney Trip and of course our 1st time at CBR!! Just curious about 1 thing, I we want to make rope drop at the parks what time do we need to be at the bus stop?
I usually get to the bus stop about 1 hour before park opening and I've always made it in time.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #1804
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy85 View Post
IMHO, the answer is "research"! I am 15 days away and I have no frame of reference since it has been over 10 years since my last visit. DH & I knew we wanted a Mod (can't afford Deluxe and we didn't want to go with the theming at Values). I let him pick and it was CBR.

After spending time (way too much ) on these very helpful boards, I know that I am going to a beautiful resort which is very spread out and the oldest Mod that WDW built. We realize that we may or may not have a fridge (got a backup plan) and that the rooms may not be perfect since this resort is scheduled to undergo refurbishment in April.

BUT, if there is something seriously gross/unsafe in the room, I will definitely go to the Front Desk Manager.

I guess everyone has a different viewpoint. I've done my research so I've set our expectations accordingly. Either way - I'm on a Disney Vacation!!!!
You gave the perfect response. Thanks, plus, I'm not planning on doing much at the resort, so it will be what I want to make of it! Last year, thanks to Hurricane Sandy, I got "stranded" at Disney World -- aww, poor me! 3 extra nights and 4 extra days of magic.

Thanks again,

Tom

KonaKaiTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #1805
Mrs. M. Mouse
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
Wow, I'm getting nervous -- 42 sleeps to go and this seems to be the most bashed of all the Disney World properties -- I'm wondering if I should change to POR or CSR? Is it possible all the negativity is due to this being the oldest of the Disney moderates, which would certainly account for the comments about it being tired and dated? Or, is it that because it is Caribbean Beach there is an expectation that it is the equivalent of Atlantis?

With the 30% off deal, I can stay AKL for only $400 more.

TIA,

Tom
We loved CBR and will likely stay here again sometime. Bussing was quick and easy to all parks and DTD and the walk from Jamaica to old port royale was just over the Caribbean cay island.

Mrs. M. Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #1806
MrsNesbet
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone,

I am a long time lurker, limited poster!!!

63 days until we are "home" and this year it's at CBR!!!! I am excited and nervous!!!

I really wanted to stay at POR (because we are familiar with that resort) but they were booked for FD.

I have some questions, (if nobody minds or if they can direct me to an faq)

We will have a stroller and 2 grandmas, so I am thinking we want/need a first floor (correct?)

Also what bus stop is first? and does only 1 bus go through ALL 7 stops?

In looking at the map is check in really near Barbados? (and then if you are carless, how do you get to your room?

Thanks everyone. like I said I am super excited and the resort looks beautiful in pictures. We are taking the grandmas this year so I am a little nervous that everything will be great!!

Our trips:
'97 - offsite (school band trip)
'11 - POP (1st family trip)
'12 - POR (we got the Disney bug)
'13 - CBR (we are bringing Grandma!!)
'14 - ??? ready to start planning!!!
MrsNesbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #1807
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

You can request a first floor room, but there are no guarantees. Call and have your request noted on your reservation, and add have them add the reasons why. Hopefully they will take care of you.

For most of the trips to the parks the Jamaica stop is the first stop. It depends on if the buses are only picking up half of the resort or not, but most of the time Jamaica is first on.

You check in at the Custom House. They run a shuttle bus from there that will take you to the bus stops around the resort. So you don't have to walk all the way around the resort to your room.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #1808
Sophie's Mommy
Disney Super Fan :)

Welcome!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNesbet View Post
Hi everyone,

63 days until we are "home" and this year it's at CBR!!!! I am excited and nervous!!!

I really wanted to stay at POR (because we are familiar with that resort) but they were booked for FD.

We will have a stroller and 2 grandmas, so I am thinking we want/need a first floor (correct?)

In looking at the map is check in really near Barbados? (and then if you are carless, how do you get to your room?

Thanks everyone. like I said I am super excited and the resort looks beautiful in pictures. We are taking the grandmas this year so I am a little nervous that everything will be great!!

You'll love CBR! It's so beautiful and peaceful! We were in Jamaica 46 last time and it was great for the bus and walking to OPR. It was just over the bridge to OPR and we had a room on the backside of the building, so it was literally just 2 minutes to the Jamaica stop. And the Jamaica stop was usually one of the first or just in the middle depending on which entrance the bus came in.

The other poster is correct, you should request a ground floor room, and although they can't guarantee, I don't think there is any way they would put you on a 2nd floor room.

Check in is really near Barbados, but they have an internal shuttle at this resort that will take you to your village from Custom House where you check in. And, if you do magical express, the bell services brings your luggage, so it's very easy and convenient!

Have a wonderful time! We're back home in 5 days, so I'll try to post an update while we're there or when we're back home!
Old 09-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #1809
dhorner233
Disneyophile

This will be my third stay at CBR and I am SO looking forward to it! Two weeks from next Tuesday!!!

Maybe I've been lucky but, both times I had a ground floor, conveniently located room. I asked for connecting rooms last time and got that too. :

I've stayed at POR and POFQ (and loved them too!). I wanted to stay at Coronado Springs but, it was less expensive to stay at CBR and I've always been happy at CBR and was afraid of the "corporate vibe" at Coronado Springs. So, I'm going back for my 3rd time at CBR.

I've put in my request for connecting rooms and refrigerators so I'm hopeful to get those two requests this time.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #1810
Mrs. M. Mouse
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNesbet View Post
Hi everyone,

A main floor would probably be a good idea

You will be assisted to your room after check in, we were taken by personal shuttle :-)

There is a bus stop at each village. There is an internal bus as well as each park bus that stops at each village. Though I'm not sure of the exact way they pick up we took all busses from Jamaica stop and each was very quick to the other stops then to the parks.

I hope you love CBR as much as we do! Have a great time!

Mrs. M. Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #1811
PhoenixStrength

Just checked in today. I'm in Barbados 11 and my room has a fridge. Pretty sure it's an old one though as the door has scratches all over it. No note at all though and it was plugged in and set to the highest level when I arrived.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #1812
MrsNesbet
Earning My Ears

Thanks ladies!!! (and gentlemen, if there are any!)

I have read some not kind reviews which added to anxiety but you all seem to love it which is great!!!

I was going to request Jamaica 44 or 46. I definitely need ground floor and connecting so hopefully those work out.

Sophie's mommy - please do!!! I would love pictures!! My MIL hasn't been to Disney since 1988!!! (they stayed in the cabins then)

Our trips:
'97 - offsite (school band trip)
'11 - POP (1st family trip)
'12 - POR (we got the Disney bug)
'13 - CBR (we are bringing Grandma!!)
'14 - ??? ready to start planning!!!
MrsNesbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #1813
PhoenixStrength

Oh, and I don't remember seeing it posted, so here is the movie schedule for this month for CBR, just in case someone was wondering:

Sunday: Alice in Wonderland (animated)
Monday: Mulan
Tuesday: Peter Pan
Wednesday: Toy Story
Thursday: Winnie the Pooh
Friday: Hercules
Saturday: Tangled

Movies are at 8:30pm by the Banana Cabana.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #1814
Mommiesblessings2
Mouseketeer

What is the difference between Martinique and Jamaica? I know 3 of the 6 blgs are preferred in Martinique but other than that anything else?

TIA!
Mommiesblessings2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #1815
TrulyMadlyDisney
Mouseketeer

This is by far our fav resort. Lots complain about it being too spread out but that's what we like about it. We always get the same room in Aruba. Quieter part of the resort. We will be there in 7 days! I guess i better get packing!
9/2008 CBR for 31st anniversary
11/16/2009 All Star Movie
9/9/12 Port Orleans Riverside-35th Anniversary
10/12/12 Swan and Dolphin
9/15/13 CBR for 36th anniversary
2/6/14 POR with the grandkids
9/20/14 CBR for 37th Anniversary

TrulyMadlyDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: