Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #1786
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2 View Post
Sorry I forgot to mention that we had a working fridge.
That's what I was looking for!!

Old 09-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #1787
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSummer View Post
Did you happen to hear if everyone had a new fridge or was it just a few rooms? We will be there in three weeks and we have friends coming that will be there for a week. They really need a fridge for milk and such for the kids.
I did not hear anything specific about the fridge situation. I did not request one, just happened to get one. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I took it as a good sign that we had one without even requesting one.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #1788
MinnieSummer
DIS Veteran

Thanks. It seems most people at CBR have new fridges
Christmas at BLT-MKV 2010
Christmas at CSR 2009,
Christmas at WL Villas 2008
Christmas at SSR 2007
Christmas at GF 2006
Christmas at BWI 2005
Christmas at WL 2004
Christmas at CSR 2003
Christmas at AKL 2002
Christmas at CBR 2001
Old 09-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #1789
musicmama
Now an Irish Dancer's mama

Unhappy No fridge from 8/30 to 9/2

Just got back from a stay in Barbados, building 14. First time at CBR and last time at CBR, it was that much of a disappointment. This was a splurge, thanks to Disney room sale and Orbitz extra coupon. Had I paid full rack rate or even just the room discount, I'd have been even more disappointed.

No fridge, just a letter in the compartment. We didn't get the original letter, maybe because I booked through Orbitz? However, we did get the $ 15./day credit, when I inquired about the situation at the desk.

Barbados, at least our room, clearly needed refurbishment - molding coming off the wall so that you could see the drywall/stucco, overall run-down feeling BUT the room had a new RFID lock and the old Nemo mini-blanket. Air conditioner had 2 temperatures - warm and freezing. Asked for extra blankets to counteract the freezing temp, but they never arrived. An annoying amount of flying critters in the bathroom area but as long as we kept the divider curtain closed, they stayed there.

Room seemed marginally larger than Pop and the pillows were definitely nicer. Never made it into the pool but the hammocks on the beach were nice for an hour or so.

Really wish I had more nice things to say, but our expectations were definitely not met. Maybe they were just too high.
Christmas 2011 with the motorhome (offsite), July 2011/LeakyCon plus Pop for high school graduation, Christmas 2008/All Stars Music with free dining, August 2007/Pop Century (girls only), August 2006/Pop Century (girls only), Christmas 2005/Ft. Wilderness, Christmas week 2004/offsite, Christmas 2003/Disneyland, May 2001/offsite, May 2000/offsite
Old 09-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #1790
Mrs. M. Mouse
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmama View Post
Just got back from a stay in Barbados, building 14. First time at CBR and last time at CBR, it was that much of a disappointment. This was a splurge, thanks to Disney room sale and Orbitz extra coupon. Had I paid full rack rate or even just the room discount, I'd have been even more disappointed.

No fridge, just a letter in the compartment. We didn't get the original letter, maybe because I booked through Orbitz? However, we did get the $ 15./day credit, when I inquired about the situation at the desk.

Barbados, at least our room, clearly needed refurbishment - molding coming off the wall so that you could see the drywall/stucco, overall run-down feeling BUT the room had a new RFID lock and the old Nemo mini-blanket. Air conditioner had 2 temperatures - warm and freezing. Asked for extra blankets to counteract the freezing temp, but they never arrived. An annoying amount of flying critters in the bathroom area but as long as we kept the divider curtain closed, they stayed there.

Room seemed marginally larger than Pop and the pillows were definitely nicer. Never made it into the pool but the hammocks on the beach were nice for an hour or so.

Really wish I had more nice things to say, but our expectations were definitely not met. Maybe they were just too high.
Did you voice your concerns to the front desk staff about your room? The bugs would've creeped my kids out and no way would they have stayed in the room, let alone me!

Jamaica 45 had the nemo wall paper boarder and the nemo blanket runner too though our room was tidy and no sign of mold. Our air conditioner had 4 settings, low/ high and cold/warm lol.

We were one of the lucky ones with a "working" fridge but had ordered a styrofoam cooler from garden grocer that kept our drinks much colder!

I loved the quietness of this resort and was disappointed we didn't take a full resort day to relax on the hammocks! Kids loved the pool slides.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #1791
musicmama
Now an Irish Dancer's mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. M. Mouse View Post
Did you voice your concerns to the front desk staff about your room? The bugs would've creeped my kids out and no way would they have stayed in the room, let alone me!
I mentioned the bugs, the air conditioner and the molding to the front desk. They didn't see it as enough of an issue to try and move us - we were only staying 3 nights and it wasn't as apparent until later in the second night (we were so tired the first night that we fell right to sleep). The bugs were the little flying things and weren't really creepy, just annoying.

The settings were there on the air conditioner, they just didn't work.
Christmas 2011 with the motorhome (offsite), July 2011/LeakyCon plus Pop for high school graduation, Christmas 2008/All Stars Music with free dining, August 2007/Pop Century (girls only), August 2006/Pop Century (girls only), Christmas 2005/Ft. Wilderness, Christmas week 2004/offsite, Christmas 2003/Disneyland, May 2001/offsite, May 2000/offsite
Old 09-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #1792
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmama View Post

I really hate to hear that the room conditions were not up to par. I would have definitely had the manager get involved and move me to another room. There's no need for you to be in a room, for any amount of time, with mold in it.

I recommend that you write a letter to Disney and let them know about the situation and how it was handled. Unless guests fill them in on what's going on, they never know.

As far as the flying bugs are concerned, it seems like those darn things are everywhere in the South. Too bad they decided to congregate in your bathroom.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #1793
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Wow, I'm getting nervous -- 42 sleeps to go and this seems to be the most bashed of all the Disney World properties -- I'm wondering if I should change to POR or CSR? Is it possible all the negativity is due to this being the oldest of the Disney moderates, which would certainly account for the comments about it being tired and dated? Or, is it that because it is Caribbean Beach there is an expectation that it is the equivalent of Atlantis?

With the 30% off deal, I can stay AKL for only $400 more.

TIA,

Tom
Old 09-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #1794
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

I liked CBR better than POR and BC. The busses ran smoother than either of the other resorts. It is quite a quick bus ride to both EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. Our only issue was the size and walking to Port Royale. Even that wasn't bad. It is all a matter of personal preference. But I would say you should give CBR a try. If you're unhappy with your room, Disney will usually do something about it. It is very unfortunate when Disney doesn't fix a room issue for someone. All I can tell you is CBR is a very pleasant resort.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #1795
MinnieSummer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I really hate to hear that the room conditions were not up to par. I would have definitely had the manager get involved and move me to another room. There's no need for you to be in a room, for any amount of time, with mold in it.

I recommend that you write a letter to Disney and let them know about the situation and how it was handled. Unless guests fill them in on what's going on, they never know.

As far as the flying bugs are concerned, it seems like those darn things are everywhere in the South. Too bad they decided to congregate in your bathroom.
There was never a mention of mold in the room. Just bugs, and the molding coming off the wall. But I agree that sending a letter to Guest Relations is justified. The molding falling off the wall is unnacceptable. Unfortunately, in FL, whenever you open a door to the outside at night and there is an interior light on, the bugs will swarm in. Then, they will congregate to the light. It is disgusting but a fact of life. I discovered that if you turn out all the lights and open the door the bugs tend to fly back out, especially if you are near a bright light.
Christmas at BLT-MKV 2010
Christmas at CSR 2009,
Christmas at WL Villas 2008
Christmas at SSR 2007
Christmas at GF 2006
Christmas at BWI 2005
Christmas at WL 2004
Christmas at CSR 2003
Christmas at AKL 2002
Christmas at CBR 2001
Old 09-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #1796
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSummer View Post
There was never a mention of mold in the room. Just bugs, and the molding coming off the wall. But I agree that sending a letter to Guest Relations is justified. The molding falling off the wall is unnacceptable. Unfortunately, in FL, whenever you open a door to the outside at night and there is an interior light on, the bugs will swarm in. Then, they will congregate to the light. It is disgusting but a fact of life. I discovered that if you turn out all the lights and open the door the bugs tend to fly back out, especially if you are near a bright light.
I misread. Thanks for correcting me.

The bugs are crazy here in Louisiana too!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 09-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #1797
kimmy85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
Wow, I'm getting nervous -- 42 sleeps to go and this seems to be the most bashed of all the Disney World properties -- I'm wondering if I should change to POR or CSR? Is it possible all the negativity is due to this being the oldest of the Disney moderates, which would certainly account for the comments about it being tired and dated? Or, is it that because it is Caribbean Beach there is an expectation that it is the equivalent of Atlantis?

With the 30% off deal, I can stay AKL for only $400 more.
IMHO, the answer is "research"! I am 15 days away and I have no frame of reference since it has been over 10 years since my last visit. DH & I knew we wanted a Mod (can't afford Deluxe and we didn't want to go with the theming at Values). I let him pick and it was CBR.

After spending time (way too much ) on these very helpful boards, I know that I am going to a beautiful resort which is very spread out and the oldest Mod that WDW built. We realize that we may or may not have a fridge (got a backup plan) and that the rooms may not be perfect since this resort is scheduled to undergo refurbishment in April.

BUT, if there is something seriously gross/unsafe in the room, I will definitely go to the Front Desk Manager.

I guess everyone has a different viewpoint. I've done my research so I've set our expectations accordingly. Either way - I'm on a Disney Vacation!!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #1798
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy85 View Post
IMHO, the answer is "research"! I am 15 days away and I have no frame of reference since it has been over 10 years since my last visit. DH & I knew we wanted a Mod (can't afford Deluxe and we didn't want to go with the theming at Values). I let him pick and it was CBR.

After spending time (way too much ) on these very helpful boards, I know that I am going to a beautiful resort which is very spread out and the oldest Mod that WDW built. We realize that we may or may not have a fridge (got a backup plan) and that the rooms may not be perfect since this resort is scheduled to undergo refurbishment in April.

BUT, if there is something seriously gross/unsafe in the room, I will definitely go to the Front Desk Manager.

I guess everyone has a different viewpoint. I've done my research so I've set our expectations accordingly. Either way - I'm on a Disney Vacation!!!!
Your advise was very good as is your outlook on your upcoming visit. Having said that, we have never had any major room issues during any of our CBR stays. Like you, if I were to encounter anything gross/unsafe in the room, I'd go straight to the front desk and let them know about it. If they didn't want to correct the matter, I'd ask for a manager.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #1799
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy85 View Post

This is exactly my way of thinking too. I know it's the oldest Mod, so I'm not expecting brand-new looking rooms. If I find something unacceptable then I will say something, otherwise I'll just be happy to be there. Especially since I'm checking in TOMORROW!!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 09-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #1800
kimmy85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
This is exactly my way of thinking too. I know it's the oldest Mod, so I'm not expecting brand-new looking rooms. If I find something unacceptable then I will say something, otherwise I'll just be happy to be there. Especially since I'm checking in TOMORROW!!!
I am sooooooo jealous! Have a great time and if you get the chance, please let us know what your fridge situation is. Thanks!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: