Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #1771
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by excited4disney2012 View Post
@mickeystoontown -
Thank you so much for answering all my questions! You even answered the ones I didn't post (because I was so lengthy already)! I really appreciate your responses! Your input really helps. Thanks again! I'm perusing your trip report next!
You are very welcome! I hope that you'll post on my trip report. I love meeting new Disers!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #1772
suz2
Mouseketeer

address

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The address that I always use and it works on mapquest is:

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
That's the address I have, but new GPS cannot locate it. What other resort is near CBR?
OFF PROPERTY -1992 - Senior Trip
OFF PROPERTY -MAY 2005 - MY KIDS FIRST TRIP
POP - JUNE 2008 -DADDY'S RETIREMENT CELEBRATION
CORONADO SPRINGS-FEBRUARY 2009
PO RIVERSIDE - FEBRUARY 2010
POP - SEPTEMBER 2011
AOA - SEPTEMBER 2012 JDS #13 BDAY Celebration
CBR - SEPTEMBER 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #1773
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suz2 View Post
That's the address I have, but new GPS cannot locate it. What other resort is near CBR?
Try the city as Orlando instead, for some reason some only recognize it as Orlando instead of Lake Buena Vista. Same zip code of 32830.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 09-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #1774
hannahmachell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I always said to the GPS ' 900 Cayman Way Bay Lake, Florida' and that worked every time.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #1775
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
PopCentury is close to the CBR. You can see the top of the bowling pins from the village of Jamaica. I suggest you do as the other two posters and try either just saying Florida or Orlando.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 09-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #1776
lffam
Mouseketeer

Hi all,

we are from Australia and are staying at CBR Oct/Nov. we got a preferred room and just wondering if there a "preferred preferred"! are the roomsall on one level? if not is upper level better?

we have been to DL 3 years ago and one things that's obvious is the size of WDW is a totally different scale and while we know that and have read up on it, I don't think we are going to be able to fathom it until we get there.

happy for any tips

thanks alot
Old 09-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #1777
lffam
Mouseketeer

Sorry one more question. Are the rooms air conditioned?

Wilderness Lodge Pictures of this fantastic Disney Resort

Travel Blog - very late but In progress
Old 09-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #1778
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lffam View Post
Yup.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #1779
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all,
we got a preferred room and just wondering if there a "preferred preferred"!
All of the preferred rooms are very close to OPR and the main pool. Can't think of any that are better than the rest.

Quote:
are the roomsall on one level? if not is upper level better?
All of the buildings are have 2 levels. We prefer the upper floor, but would not say it's better. Just our preference as we don't have a stroller with us.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #1780
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all,

we are from Australia and are staying at CBR Oct/Nov. we got a preferred room and just wondering if there a "preferred preferred"! are the roomsall on one level? if not is upper level better?

we have been to DL 3 years ago and one things that's obvious is the size of WDW is a totally different scale and while we know that and have read up on it, I don't think we are going to be able to fathom it until we get there.

happy for any tips

thanks alot
The buildings at the CBR are two stories/levels. We have stayed on both levels and, honestly, I didn't really notice a difference as far as one being superior over the other.

The preferred rooms are located in Martinique buildings 24, 25 and 26 and all buildings in Trinidad North.

You can see where those buildings are by a quick look at this map:

You are right that WDW is larger than DL. I forgot to look at your signature to see if you had a ticker stating how long you will be in Walt Disney World. If you have the time, I'd suggest taking two days to see the Magic Kingdom, two days to see Epcot, and at least a day for both Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. We like to spend time at Downtown Disney and usually spend at least an afternoon and evening there.

In addition to the Disboards, you'll find a wealth of information over on www.allearsnet.com.

Quote:
Yep, there's air conditioning in the rooms.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #1781
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Hi all,
We just returned from our stay at CBR. We were there Aug 25 through Sept 3. It was a great resort. It is big and sometimes after coming back from the parks we didn't feel like walking to Port Royale for drinks, but otherwise the size didn't bother us. The buses ran very smothly. In fact, I would say they ran better than the buses at our Beach Club stay last year. The room was very clean. The beds were very comfortable. I usually have trouble sleeping in hotels, but I did not have any trouble here. We were in Jamaica 41. We saw them painting all of the Jamaica signs. They were also doing quite a bit of landscaping. They were taking out some very large bushes/plants. I also noticed as we were waiting for our Magical Express motorcoach to take us back to MCO, that at the Customs House they were doing some surveying (with surveying equipment, not asking people questions ) The pools were fantastic. Everyone in my family said they would stay there again.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #1782
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Sorry I forgot to mention that we had a working fridge.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #1783
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2 View Post
Hi all,
We just returned from our stay at CBR. We were there Aug 25 through Sept 3. It was a great resort. It is big and sometimes after coming back from the parks we didn't feel like walking to Port Royale for drinks, but otherwise the size didn't bother us. The buses ran very smothly. In fact, I would say they ran better than the buses at our Beach Club stay last year. The room was very clean. The beds were very comfortable. I usually have trouble sleeping in hotels, but I did not have any trouble here. We were in Jamaica 41. We saw them painting all of the Jamaica signs. They were also doing quite a bit of landscaping. They were taking out some very large bushes/plants. I also noticed as we were waiting for our Magical Express motorcoach to take us back to MCO, that at the Customs House they were doing some surveying (with surveying equipment, not asking people questions ) The pools were fantastic. Everyone in my family said they would stay there again.
Quote:
Thanks so much for your review and update on the fridge situation. I'm glad to hear that you had such a great time at the resort.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #1784
MinnieSummer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you happen to hear if everyone had a new fridge or was it just a few rooms? We will be there in three weeks and we have friends coming that will be there for a week. They really need a fridge for milk and such for the kids.
Christmas at BLT-MKV 2010
Christmas at CSR 2009,
Christmas at WL Villas 2008
Christmas at SSR 2007
Christmas at GF 2006
Christmas at BWI 2005
Christmas at WL 2004
Christmas at CSR 2003
Christmas at AKL 2002
Christmas at CBR 2001
Old 09-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #1785
Mommiesblessings2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi all,
So great to hear a recent trip report! Thank you for sharing!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: