Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #1711
ninamouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by norasue View Post
I am staying at CBR from Oct 18th to the 29th with my DH, DD 7 and DD 5. We have a preferred room booking. For those who have stayed there what building would you recommend and what rooms? I know there are no elevators. Are the second floor rooms quieter than the first floor? Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated. Can't wait. First visit for me in almost 30 years and first visit for the rest of the family.
We also arrive on 18th!! See you there! So excited! :-)

Disneyland California 1990
Disneyland California 1993
WDW 1995
WDW 2002
WDW 2005
WDW 2008
WDW CBR 2013
Old 08-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #1712
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Thanks Lisa!!!

Well, do you think I would be happier with Martinque or Jamaica? I guess I should have said the village first.. Just want to be closest to OPR and hopefully the main pool?? I can put this in my online check in requests!

My boys are going to FREAK over the pirate ship!!??? I CANT WAIT!!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #1713
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

We are heading over to Caribbean Beach Resort Friday September 7th - Sunday September 8th. This is our first time staying at the resort. This was a somewhat last minute trip booked just today to celebrate my fathers birthday... we are AP and are coming over to enjoy the waterparks. We just booked the cheapest standard view rooms.

Where is the ideal location? I dont want it to be noisy but I would like to be close to things. I wanted to put in some requests... I know no guarantee.

Also, are there refridgerators in the rooms? We are ordering a cake to be delivered.

Thanks!!!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
Old 08-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #1714
swisstigger
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post
We are heading over to Caribbean Beach Resort Friday September 7th - Sunday September 8th. This is our first time staying at the resort. This was a somewhat last minute trip booked just today to celebrate my fathers birthday... we are AP and are coming over to enjoy the waterparks. We just booked the cheapest standard view rooms.

Where is the ideal location? I dont want it to be noisy but I would like to be close to things. I wanted to put in some requests... I know no guarantee.

Also, are there refridgerators in the rooms? We are ordering a cake to be delivered.

Thanks!!!
Hi, we stayed in Barbados a couple of years ago. To be honest it's an easy walk round the lake to the main pool and eating areas. They do have a fridge in the room but its not big.
Have fun so jealous, I'm back out in may 2014
Old 08-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #1715
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride

Thanks!!!
The fridges on the entire property are currently being replaced due to a defect in one that caused a fire, so you are not guaranteed one. They have some for medical reasons they will give, but for food unless they have extras or you are lucky enough to get a room where a new one has already put in, you won't have one. They will keep any food in their fridges for guests that have ordered some already.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 08-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #1716
hannahmachell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post

Did you have a refrigerator?
No we didn't
Old 08-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #1717
hannahmachell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post

Did you have a refrigerator?
No we didn't. The old one was there unplugged with a note not to use it.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #1718
tam626
DIS Veteran

We normally go in September and stay in a cabin at the Fort. My husband realized he has off New Year's and says, let's go to Disney! Woohoo. To keep costs down, we were going to do a value resort but after more checking, realized CBR would be perfect. From what I've heard, the parks may be too crowded for us to handle on New Year's Eve day so I wanted a resort with lots to do. Looking forward to it & grateful for this thread.

Last edited by tam626; 08-31-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:29 AM   #1719
SugarSpice
Mouseketeer

Wow! It's taken me weeks but I've gotten through this while thread! Thank you all so much for all of the information! So many of my questions about CBR have been answered! I do have just a few more though!
We've had lots of trips to Disney but this is our first stay at CBR. We have booked a pirate room and requested ground floor with a fridge. Also, I booked a ghost reservation at pop the night before our stay. So we have our magic bands and fp+ booked for our entire stay. I will try to report back if they actually do end up working at CBR!

1. Is their free wifi in the rooms at this point? Previously I had to pay to use Internet in the room.

2. We are flying out of sfd so we won't be using magical express. Will the front desk be able to print my boarding pass for me?

3. I love the monorail. I'm thinking that on our MK days we might drive or bus to Epcot then take the monorail loop up to mk. Is that totally weird of me? Anyone foresee any problems doing this? Lol

Again, thank you all for all the pictures/info on this thread! My family is very excited about CBR!
Old 08-31-2013, 07:31 AM   #1720
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

At this point, do you have to put in a fridge request as well? My youngest still has a bottle and I know he will wake up and want his milk .

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Old 08-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #1721
oe76
Earning My Ears

Are there coffee makers in the rooms? How is the coffee?
Old 08-31-2013, 08:03 AM   #1722
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSpice View Post
Wow! It's taken me weeks but I've gotten through this while thread! Thank you all so much for all of the information! So many of my questions about CBR have been answered! I do have just a few more though!
We've had lots of trips to Disney but this is our first stay at CBR. We have booked a pirate room and requested ground floor with a fridge. Also, I booked a ghost reservation at pop the night before our stay. So we have our magic bands and fp+ booked for our entire stay. I will try to report back if they actually do end up working at CBR!

1. Is their free wifi in the rooms at this point? Previously I had to pay to use Internet in the room.

2. We are flying out of sfd so we won't be using magical express. Will the front desk be able to print my boarding pass for me?

3. I love the monorail. I'm thinking that on our MK days we might drive or bus to Epcot then take the monorail loop up to mk. Is that totally weird of me? Anyone foresee any problems doing this? Lol

Again, thank you all for all the pictures/info on this thread! My family is very excited about CBR!
1. Yes - free wifi in the rooms (and hotel grounds, 4 Disney parks, Downtown Disney and Typhoon Lagoon!

2. Yes, the front desk will print your boarding pass for you. We often fly out of sfd too.

3. Yes! Ride the monorail all you want!! I often recommend that people with kids make a point of doing it! LOL

Enjoy!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:14 AM   #1723
Mommiesblessings2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
At this point, do you have to put in a fridge request as well? My youngest still has a bottle and I know he will wake up and want his milk .
I called the special recorded line about fridges, 407-827-7760, to inquire about that CBR status. I'm going the last week of October and CM said they should be completed by then.

She said they are given out for medical reasons only and I mentioned I am nursing and she said that qualifies as a need and made note of it. Whether or not she did, I have no idea.

If you call mention it' for you LO, can't hurt. Good luck!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:20 AM   #1724
Mommiesblessings2
Mouseketeer

I had to call now that I was thinking about and viola, my request for a fridge is listed!

Now I don't have to worry about how I was going to pull that one off!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:23 AM   #1725
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oe76
Are there coffee makers in the rooms? How is the coffee?
Yes there are coffee makers in the rooms. The coffee is okay, not terrible but not great either.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: