Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #1696
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by norasue View Post
I am staying at CBR from Oct 18th to the 29th with my DH, DD 7 and DD 5. We have a preferred room booking. For those who have stayed there what building would you recommend and what rooms? I know there are no elevators. Are the second floor rooms quieter than the first floor? Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated. Can't wait. First visit for me in almost 30 years and first visit for the rest of the family.
We have stayed preferred twice. Once in Martinique 24 and once in Martinique 26. Bldg. 26 was a great location. Our walk to Old Port Royale was 2 minutes at the most.

We've stayed in both upstairs and downstairs and, honestly, I have never noticed a difference except when people let their suitcases thump up and down the stairs. But, we've heard that in both upstairs and downstairs rooms.

Oh gracious! So much has changed in 30 years! You're going to have a fantastic time.

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #1697
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieb5 View Post
Hello All!
We are going to be at CBR Sept 23-30th & can hardly wait
I too received the letter about the fridges not working. Not a make or break by anymeans to my Disney excitement. I saw on here that someone posted about a $15.00 credit that they received due to the lack of fridge. I didn't know if anyone knew more about this.

Counting down the days until I'm home with Mickey!!
Lots of folks have posted that they received the $15.00 per night credit and others have posted that when they asked about the credit, they received a fridge instead.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #1698
julieb5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Lots of folks have posted that they received the $15.00 per night credit and others have posted that when they asked about the credit, they received a fridge instead.
Awesome! Thanks for the info.
We are doing this as a surprise trip for my 9 & 6 year olds and are planning on pulling them out of school at noon and driving straight to the airport and telling them on the way. Here's to hoping we can pull off the surprise
julieb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #1699
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieb5 View Post
Awesome! Thanks for the info.
We are doing this as a surprise trip for my 9 & 6 year olds and are planning on pulling them out of school at noon and driving straight to the airport and telling them on the way. Here's to hoping we can pull off the surprise
That sounds like an awesome surprise! I hope that you can pull it off. We once surprised our son with a trip to Disney. Can you believe that we drove almost 15 hours and he didn't figure it out until we showed a Disney milemarker sign to him? Thank goodness for handheld electronics that keep kids busy.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #1700
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Does anyone happen to know if CBR has been announced as one of the hotels included in Fast Pass+ at all later this year? I know it hasn't been included to date, but I'm wondering about November or December? I'm helping so many people right now book their fast pass+ (staying at POR and AOA next month), that it has me excited to try it myself. Our trip is in December, staying at CBR. Thanks!
CJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #1701
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Lisa!! I'm back at CBR for October finally!!! After calling for three weeks- finally got it granted so now DH will be happy with me and let me go back again!! Lol!! He just thinks it looks more " us" than POR.. I requested corner room in Jamaica... Good choice or would I be happier with Martinique?
Second Star to the Right And Straight On till Morning
April 2006- Offsite DH ( was BF) first time
December 2005- Offsite ( Engaged at Magic Kingdom)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-Disney All Star Sports ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012-1 night at Port Orleans FQ
September 2012- 1 night at Art of Animation
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort

Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #1702
cwojchik
Mouseketeer

New Door Entry

I apologize if this has been addressed before but wondering if CBR has new door entry device?

I also saw a previous post that there are no refridges? Is this true for the entire resort? We need a fridge.
cwojchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #1703
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojchik View Post
I apologize if this has been addressed before but wondering if CBR has new door entry device?

I also saw a previous post that there are no refridges? Is this true for the entire resort? We need a fridge.
Yes, the doors are RFID now.

All resorts have had to have their fridges replaced after one caught fire. They are in the process of being replaced now, but estimate from Disney is that they won't all be done for another 2 months. If you need one for medical reasons they have a few of a different type on hand that you can request.

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #1704
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Does anyone happen to know if CBR has been announced as one of the hotels included in Fast Pass+ at all later this year? I know it hasn't been included to date, but I'm wondering about November or December? I'm helping so many people right now book their fast pass+ (staying at POR and AOA next month), that it has me excited to try it myself. Our trip is in December, staying at CBR. Thanks!
There have been no reports of the Magic Bands at the CBR yet. I'd suggest that you keep your eyes and ears on the Disboards as I am sure that someone will post as soon as they hear something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Lisa!! I'm back at CBR for October finally!!! After calling for three weeks- finally got it granted so now DH will be happy with me and let me go back again!! Lol!! He just thinks it looks more " us" than POR.. I requested corner room in Jamaica... Good choice or would I be happier with Martinique?
Yay! I'm so excited for you! Why not ask for a room in Martinique and then your second request as a corner room and Jamaica? Just make sure that you put your requests in the order of importance to you. If it were me, I'd ask for a village first and then corner room second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojchik View Post

No need to apologize. The Dis is a great place for getting your questions answered.

To unlock the doors, you simply have to tap your KTTW card on them. It's so convenient.

Disney is replacing all of the fridges in the resorts. Some have posted that their CBR rooms had a fridge and then others have posted that their room either had a fridge with a note saying not to plug it in or they had no fridge at all. Some guests asked for a $15.00 per night credit to their account and were either given the creidt or given a fridge.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #1705
hannahmachell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
We were in Jamaica 46...had a corner room and it was awesome! So close to the bus stop.
hannahmachell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #1706
Borg4of6
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have a photo of a corner room? I know I have seen one before but of course now that I'm searching for it I can't find it.

Much appreciated! Go Disboards
Borg4of6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #1707
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg4of6 View Post
Does anyone have a photo of a corner room? I know I have seen one before but of course now that I'm searching for it I can't find it.

Much appreciated! Go Disboards
Check out post #338 here.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...r#post31925331

I'm on the lookout for more, but wanted to post this one.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #1708
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmachell View Post
We were in Jamaica 46...had a corner room and it was awesome! So close to the bus stop.
Did you have a refrigerator?
Old 08-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #1709
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I used google images to find these pictures of the corner rooms. Some still have the pre-nemo décor:

Old 08-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #1710
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Here's my corner room from 2 years ago:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: