Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #151
Mrs Eeyore
Mouseketeer

OK, I'm wee a bit baffled about the references I've seen to movie nights and activites in the pool area. We've spent two longish vacations at CBR (9 nights in May '09 and 11 nights in May '10) and never saw or heard about any of this. Is it new? Or is it only certain times of year? Or were we in a complete daze the whole time? I'm quite prepared to believe it's the latter.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #152
slabau
Earning My Ears

February will be our first stay at CBR...EXCITING!!! I booked preferred and requested Martinque building # 26, does anyone know if this is the first or last stop on the bus on the park route? I really don't want to be at the last stop in fear of the buses filling up before they get to our stop.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #153
caa1277
American by birth............Grumpy by choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabau View Post
February will be our first stay at CBR...EXCITING!!! I booked preferred and requested Martinque building # 26, does anyone know if this is the first or last stop on the bus on the park route? I really don't want to be at the last stop in fear of the buses filling up before they get to our stop.
When we stayed there in 2011, we were in Jamaica and were the first stop for the buses. Looking at the resort map, Martinique would be the 4th stop out of 7.
DIS Dad's Club Member #122

Me DW DS(17) DD(13)

July 2007-Pop Century; June 2009-Pop Century; June 2011-Caribbean Beach; June 2013-POR
Old 01-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #154
slabau
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by caa1277

When we stayed there in 2011, we were in Jamaica and were the first stop for the buses. Looking at the resort map, Martinique would be the 4th stop out of 7.
Thanks caa1227! That isn't too bad, at least it's not last.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #155
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Eeyore View Post
OK, I'm wee a bit baffled about the references I've seen to movie nights and activites in the pool area. We've spent two longish vacations at CBR (9 nights in May '09 and 11 nights in May '10) and never saw or heard about any of this. Is it new? Or is it only certain times of year? Or were we in a complete daze the whole time? I'm quite prepared to believe it's the latter.
As far as I know, it's not new. I know we watched the outdoor movie and the pool activities during our last 3 trips.

They do it every day, year round, weather permitting.

The haze scenario is looking more likely.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #156
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller64152 View Post
I'll be there in June with my DS (7) and my mom (67). She's not technically handicapped, but she has artificial knees and doesn't move too well. I'm going to request a first floor room, and we're more interested in being close to the bus stop than OPR. I know we'll be walking a lot in the parks so I'd like to save whatever energy she has.

Any recommendations as to building?
Every village has it's own bus stop. In order to be close to that village's bus stop, I would make a room request of "close to bus stop". This way the room assigner knows whatever village you are in, you want to be close to that bus stop.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #157
Lisa555
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
As far as I know, it's not new. I know we watched the outdoor movie and the pool activities during our last 3 trips.

They do it every day, year round, weather permitting.

The haze scenario is looking more likely.

What are some examples of the movies they show? What activities take place at the pool? We saw on a Youtube video a hula hoop contest. Is that a regular occurence?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #158
Lisa555
Earning My Ears

Village Renos

I think I read somewhere that the villages were all renovated to add the nemo theme in 2009 or 2010. Does anyone know which nemo village was most recently renovated? We've read a couple of the mold/mildrew comments and would like to try to avoid that.

If anyone has stayed at CBR multiple times, which village (that's close to OPR) is nicest?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #159
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa555 View Post
What are some examples of the movies they show? What activities take place at the pool? We saw on a Youtube video a hula hoop contest. Is that a regular occurence?
Here's the January movie schedule. It changes every month.

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Movie Schedule

7:00PM - By the Feature Pool
Sunday - Brave (See our Princess Page)
Monday - A Bug's Life
Tuesday - Toy Story
Wednesday - Tarzan
Thursday - Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wings
Friday - Phinneas & Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Saturday - Hercules

Plus there is a nightly campfire on the beach where you can roast marshmallows. The sticks and marshmallows are complimentary and you can purchase graham crackers and hershey bars in the store for smores. The CMs that are in charge of the campfire are always very informative with awesome WDW info and trivia. It's one of our favorite things. If the movie starts at 7, the campfire usually starts around 5-5:30.

At the pool they will have hula hoop contests, trivia contests, dance contests, relay races in the pool, play music with sing alongs, etc. It's great!

When you check-in you will be given the schedule for all of the above.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #160
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I read somewhere that the villages were all renovated to add the nemo theme in 2009 or 2010. Does anyone know which nemo village was most recently renovated? We've read a couple of the mold/mildrew comments and would like to try to avoid that.
That's correct. All the rooms, except for the ones in Trinidad South, have the Nemo theme. They were all done around the same time. The last time we were there, a CM told me that Jamaica was the last village completed. We have been 3 times since the reno and have never seen any mold issues, it's not a common theme for CBR. I have run across individual rooms in WDW, even at deluxes, that have had issues. It can happen anywhere.

Quote:
If anyone has stayed at CBR multiple times, which village (that's close to OPR) is nicest?
Jamaica 45, Aruba 51 and Martinique 22 are the closest non-preferred buildings.

CBR is our favorite moderate by far. I hope you have a great trip!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #161
Lisa555
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Here's the January movie schedule. It changes every month.

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Movie Schedule

7:00PM - By the Feature Pool
Sunday - Brave (See our Princess Page)
Monday - A Bug's Life
Tuesday - Toy Story
Wednesday - Tarzan
Thursday - Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wings
Friday - Phinneas & Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension
Saturday - Hercules

Plus there is a nightly campfire on the beach where you can roast marshmallows. The sticks and marshmallows are complimentary and you can purchase graham crackers and hershey bars in the store for smores. The CMs that are in charge of the campfire are always very informative with awesome WDW info and trivia. It's one of our favorite things. If the movie starts at 7, the campfire usually starts around 5-5:30.

At the pool they will have hula hoop contests, trivia contests, dance contests, relay races in the pool, play music with sing alongs, etc. It's great!

When you check-in you will be given the schedule for all of the above.

Wow...thanks for all the info! It sounds so fun. We are VERY excited to introduce our boys to Disney and this sounds like the perfect resort for us! Where does one access the movie schedules? I know they'll want to plan ahead which movies to see.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #162
Lisa555
Earning My Ears

Quote:
That's correct. All the rooms, except for the ones in Trinidad South, have the Nemo theme. They were all done around the same time. The last time we were there, a CM told me that Jamaica was the last village completed. We have been 3 times since the reno and have never seen any mold issues, it's not a common theme for CBR. I have run across individual rooms in WDW, even at deluxes, that have had issues. It can happen anywhere.

Jamaica 45, Aruba 51 and Martinique 22 are the closest non-preferred buildings.

CBR is our favorite moderate by far. I hope you have a great trip!

Having visited there so often, which village do you prefer and why?
Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #163
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow...thanks for all the info! It sounds so fun. We are VERY excited to introduce our boys to Disney and this sounds like the perfect resort for us! Where does one access the movie schedules? I know they'll want to plan ahead which movies to see.
You're welcome. The DIS doesn't allow to post the link to where I got the movie schedule. But if you google disney outdoor movie schedule, the first link is where I found it.

Like I said, they change monthly and usually have the new schedule up around the 5th or 6th of that month.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #164
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Having visited there so often, which village do you prefer and why?
We prefer Jamaica 45. It is just a short walk across the bridge to get to OPR and the main pool. Here's the bridge.

It's also beautiful in the mornings. Here's some I took one morning while doing the breakfast run for my DW and DS.

Plus we would pass the playground on the way, which was a huge plus for DS.

We also love the yellow color of the buildings too.

And we were very close to the quiet pool.

And close to the beach.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #165
Lisa555
Earning My Ears

Thanks dansdad for the great photos and for all the tips. I'm sure I'll think of more questions as I read the guidebook more!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: