Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #1606
hannahmachell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stencill View Post
Hey everyone,
I am so excited to go to CBR and Disney for the first time I have never been on a trip before ever. I will have 2 kids (11,14) We will be going 5th January -11th of January 2014. This thread has been so helpful but have a few questions.

Where can you see Epcots firework or can you from the resort?

Anyone hear of when the Magic bands will be used in January?

Is there anything that anyone can recomend we make sure we bring with us to have in the resort or at Disney?

Any tips or anything would be great as I have no clue what to expect, what to do, how the bus sytem works, nothing lol !!!
The bus system is super easy to use and it is FANTASTIC! Really cannot say enough about it on our trip this past week!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #1607
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the food court has the Dannon light Greek yogurt? Have a clue t staying CBR next month that needs to know!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012

Last edited by bluejasmine; 08-22-2013 at 02:41 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #1608
SomePixiedust
DIS Veteran

I apologize if this information is in here somewhere but I'm too lazy to read every page I called to look into getting a room using the room only discount and was told that all that was available were Pirate rooms. It's 2 adults, but we're ok with that since we get the discount I was just wondering about the location of these rooms. Are they scattered throughout the resort or in one building? TIA
Old 08-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #1609
jodilinton
Mouseketeer

I will be arriving at CBR on Sept 11 for 7 nights and then again December 12 for 7 nights!! LOVE Caribbean Beach Resort!!

Old 08-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #1610
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomePixiedust View Post
I apologize if this information is in here somewhere but I'm too lazy to read every page I called to look into getting a room using the room only discount and was told that all that was available were Pirate rooms. It's 2 adults, but we're ok with that since we get the discount I was just wondering about the location of these rooms. Are they scattered throughout the resort or in one building? TIA
The Pirate rooms are in Trinidad South only.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 08-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #1611
SomePixiedust
DIS Veteran

Thanks! I can always depend on the DISere for an answer
Old 08-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #1612
Sophie's Mommy
Disney Super Fan :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodilinton View Post
I will be arriving at CBR on Sept 11 for 7 nights and then again December 12 for 7 nights!! LOVE Caribbean Beach Resort!!
We're arriving Sept 11 too! Hope you have a great time - well of course you will, it's Disney!
Old 08-23-2013, 12:37 AM   #1613
jodilinton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie's Mommy View Post
We're arriving Sept 11 too! Hope you have a great time - well of course you will, it's Disney!
Hey maybe we will run into each other - it is my mom, sister & me!! We are celebrating my sister being 20 years cancer free!! So excited!!

Old 08-23-2013, 05:15 AM   #1614
Mommiesblessings2
Mouseketeer

Thank you!

I've learned a lot about the resort here. 3 more days and I check-in!! Super excited!

I'll be requesting the Martinque building and ground floor. It's our first family trip to the World so I'm hoping all goes well.

Love all the pictures and helpful tips!

Thank you fellow Disers!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #1615
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomePixiedust View Post
No need to read every page, just the first one. From post #3.
Pirate Rooms in Trinidad South All the rooms in Trinidad South have the Pirate theming. These pictures were taken in a handicapped accessible room. The bathroom area will be different in a regular room.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #1616
Sophie's Mommy
Disney Super Fan :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodilinton View Post
Hey maybe we will run into each other - it is my mom, sister & me!! We are celebrating my sister being 20 years cancer free!! So excited!!
What a great reason to celebrate at Disney! We're bringing our daughter before she turns 3 in December, gotta get there while she's still free!
Maybe we'll bump into each other!
Old 08-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #1617
stencill
Earning My Ears

Hello Thank you for all your answers!! I am super excited to go. Is there anything else that someone can suggest it a must do at any parks or downtown Disney?

Again anything to make sure to Pack?

What time do buses run to?

Also if you want a snack late at night what time does all the food places close at night?

Any tips on anything lol
Old 08-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #1618
hannahmachell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hello Thank you for all your answers!! I am super excited to go. Is there anything else that someone can suggest it a must do at any parks or downtown Disney?

Again anything to make sure to Pack?

What time do buses run to?

Also if you want a snack late at night what time does all the food places close at night?

Any tips on anything lol
Downtown Disney was really fun for us! We went to splitsville to bowl one day which was a nice way to beat the heat. We really wanted to go on the characters in flight balloon but it seemed like every time we were there it was closed due to weather.

Old port royale ( food court) at CBR was open until 11pm I believe.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #1619
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Quote:
Hey everyone,
I am so excited to go to CBR and Disney for the first time I have never been on a trip before ever. I will have 2 kids (11,14) We will be going 5th January -11th of January 2014. This thread has been so helpful but have a few questions.

Where can you see Epcots firework or can you from the resort?

Anyone hear of when the Magic bands will be used in January?

Is there anything that anyone can recomend we make sure we bring with us to have in the resort or at Disney?

Any tips or anything would be great as I have no clue what to expect, what to do, how the bus sytem works, nothing lol !!!
Hi Welcome to the DIS!!!

You sure have come to the right place to get information.

There is a really good but REALLY long thread called "What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful that have at WDW." This is a great list. At some point near the end of that thread someone actually compiled all of the helpful information into 5 or 6 posts.

Sorry I am not sure how to attach links.

We are going to be arriving about a week after you for our vacation. Are you going to be doing the Dining Plan?

You should also come over and join "The Official January 2014 Group" and the "The Official 2014 Dates Thread" There is tons of info on these 2 sites and other disers all going to WDW the same time as us.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #1620
stencill
Earning My Ears

Thanks

Wow so much help on here where do I go to join the Jauary 2014 group ?

I feel so overwhelmed with so many suggestions and so much info I am not going to know what to with myself lol

I have so many questions haha

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: