Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #1501
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyCampers09 View Post
So there's no refrigerator in the rooms? I've stayed at other moderate resorts and that was part of the room.
Normally there are fridges in the rooms as CBR. Normally, there are fridges in all WDW rooms, even the values. A couple weeks ago, WDW announced there was a safety recall on a certain model fridge that were in most of the WDW resort rooms. This recall affected every resort at WDW in some way. They are currently in the process of replacing all the fridges. Due to the safety aspect, they removed all the recalled fridges immediately and are installing the new. By the time you go, they will be done with the swap out and you will have a fridge.

Quote:
Does CBR decorate for the holiday?
Like the other moderates, there are some decorations but nothing like the deluxes.

Quote:
When do the parks all decorate in Nov for Christmas? Is it the same time as MK?
The decorations will all be up by the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend so they will start going up the beginning of November. At DHS, you will start to see the Osborne lights going up in October.

Quote:
Last ? is it hard to get around CBR ill will just had foot surgery and will be on crutches for short distances and in a wheelchair for everything else?
No harder to get around than any other resort. CBR is large, but if you have a wheelchair, you should have no issues. If you didn't book preferred, I would suggest requesting Martinique, Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 to be closer to the Main Pool and OPR. Also, all the buildings in CBR only have 2 floors so there is no elevator. I would also request 1st floor due to medical reasons.

CBR is our favorite moderate. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #1502
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
No, still doubles. They just put new bedding on them. The refurb with new beds won't happen until next year, apparently starting in April.
Our next trips isn't until 2015 But I am looking around. My Poly dream is probably crushed as I was cut to half time at work, so looking at the mods. I am really curious to see how the refurbed rooms turn out. With a big family now (3 plus 2 under 3), I think the bigger rooms at CBR would be awesome, but two double beds would be harder to make sleeping arrangements.
Also, I love the resort, but I think the rooms just didn't do it for me (aside from the Pirate room, which was awesome, but again, sleeping arrangements would be difficult).
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #1503
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

trishadona your pictures are getting me so excited about our stay at CBR. It's been many years since I've stayed at this resort but beach theme is always my favorite.

Which resort are you moving to so I can continue to follow your trip???

One of the DL Divas designed my Marie siggie for me .... I just love her!
Old 08-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #1504
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths02 View Post
Our next trips isn't until 2015 But I am looking around. My Poly dream is probably crushed as I was cut to half time at work, so looking at the mods. I am really curious to see how the refurbed rooms turn out. With a big family now (3 plus 2 under 3), I think the bigger rooms at CBR would be awesome, but two double beds would be harder to make sleeping arrangements.
Also, I love the resort, but I think the rooms just didn't do it for me (aside from the Pirate room, which was awesome, but again, sleeping arrangements would be difficult).
Hopefully, when the refurb starts, we'll have some disers who will take pictures of the rooms and post them. There were pictures posted a while back that were supposed to be the mock rooms and they looked pretty nice as far as I could tell. No big bold colors...more creams/tans/browns.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #1505
summersun47
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Hopefully, when the refurb starts, we'll have some disers who will take pictures of the rooms and post them. There were pictures posted a while back that were supposed to be the mock rooms and they looked pretty nice as far as I could tell. No big bold colors...more creams/tans/browns.
do you know where you saw them pics?
Old 08-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #1506
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersun47 View Post
I know where I saw those pics. It was on another Disney message board. Go to Google and type in New Rooms at CBR. When you get to the thread scroll down a few posts for the picture links.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #1507
summersun47
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I know where I saw those pics. It was on another Disney message board. Go to Google and type in New Rooms at CBR. When you get to the thread scroll down a few posts for the picture links.
thank you, but i cant find them never mind its over a year before i go so hope to see new rooms before then x
Old 08-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #1508
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The pictures were posted on another website and then another Diser posted the Photobucket links here on the Dis.

**Disclaimer: These are not my pictures. These are being posted from the Photobucket links that were posted here before. The Photobucket account must be "public" as anyone can click on the links from the other site and see the pictures. From what was said, someone was staying at the CBR and happened upon this room. It was believed to be a mock/sample room. We have no confirmation that this is what the rooms will look like when the refurb is done.

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/fl...d343c.jpg.html

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/fl...71f7d.jpg.html

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/fl...010eb.jpg.html

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/fl...0640b.jpg.html

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/fl...02887.jpg.html

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/fl...0d9fd.jpg.html

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/fl...232fd.jpg.html

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/fl...4c243.jpg.html

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #1509
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thank you, but i cant find them never mind its over a year before i go so hope to see new rooms before then x
You can't find them? I'd post a link but I don't know if that's a banned site or not. Type in New Rooms at CBR in Google, click on the first thing you see that says New Rooms at CBR. When you get to the thread scroll down to Post #9. You'll see links in that post. Those links will take you to the pictures.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #1510
summersun47
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The pictures were posted on another website and then another Diser posted the Photobucket links here on the Dis.

**Disclaimer: These are not my pictures. These are being posted from the Photobucket links that were posted here before. The Photobucket account must be "public" as anyone can click on the links from the other site and see the pictures. From what was said, someone was staying at the CBR and happened upon this room. It was believed to be a mock/sample room. We have no confirmation that this is what the rooms will look like when the refurb is done.

]
thank you so much x
Old 08-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #1511
summersun47
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
You can't find them? I'd post a link but I don't know if that's a banned site or not. Type in New Rooms at CBR in Google, click on the first thing you see that says New Rooms at CBR. When you get to the thread scroll down to Post #9. You'll see links in that post. Those links will take you to the pictures.
found thank you x
Old 08-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #1512
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thank you so much x
You are welcome.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #1513
hannahmachell
Mouseketeer

We are here today! There is a fridge in our room but a note that says to please not use it as it has been disconnected. If I could add a photo I would! We got a king room, nice!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #1514
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmachell View Post
We are here today! There is a fridge in our room but a note that says to please not use it as it has been disconnected. If I could add a photo I would! We got a king room, nice!
Thanks for the live update! Take lots of pictures, have lots of fun and make lots of memories!

Old 08-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #1515
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmachell View Post
I think that proves that the poster that had a phone CM tell them CBR was finished was given false information. I won't pretend to be surprised that a phone CM was wrong.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: