Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Wendy Darling CA
Earning My Ears

Atlantis Beach Day - Opinions, Please!!

I am considering booking my family on the Atlantis Beach Day. We just want to lounge around in the beautiful location where my son can play in the sand and water. I have been to Atlantis (before you had to pay to tour it) and I know it is beautiful. My question is: how is their beach and how are the crowds? Are all the cruise ship guests shoved onto one beach like sardines???

Me, DH, DS (7)
Wendy Darling CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
lodge
DIS Veteran

there's a site out there (can't find it or i'd share) that tells you how many ships are in port the day you are there.... check that to see if you want to go there first.... or it could be majorly crowded and not really a beach day, but a vy for position day.
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
cruisn2castaway
Mouseketeer

We were just there last week for the beach day. They did walk us back to the cove beach but showed us the west beach and the aquariums we could walk through. It was not crowded at all, most of the resort guests looked like they were using the pools and water parks. We had a great time relaxing on the beach and swimming in the ocean. We had a great time and would do it again. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me.

Liz
cruisn2castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
Wendy Darling CA
Earning My Ears

Anybody else done this excursion...?

Me, DH, DS (7)
Wendy Darling CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:01 AM   #5
jenpink
Mouseketeer

We did this excursion 5 years ago when my daughter was 5. It was November and it was very windy. They moved us to a little inland "lake" beach. It was full of jellyfish that my daughter enjoyed looking at, but it kept her from swimming much. Most of the day, she played in the sand and then we walked through the aquarium which was right behind our beach. The lunch provided was a coupon for a fast food option. There were very aggressive seagulls everywhere that had no problem stealing french fries from our plate, very entertaining. There were also many wild cats hanging around. Overall we had a great day, though probably not in the ways we expected.
jenpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
missusa82
Mouseketeer

We went October 2011 to the excursion and will not go again. Way over priced, the food was horrible, and we couldn't enjoy the beach because the waves were so violent! We ended up spending the day at one of their pools. We explored the aquariums but by then the kids were just ready to go.
Past DCL: Dream 10/2011, DCL: Fantasy03/2013
Future DCL: Fantasy 10/2014
Seaworld Passholder: 2011, 2012 & 2013
Cruise Dream Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2829162

missusa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #7
Niebz
DIS Veteran

Blue Lagoon offers a gorgeous beach excursion if you're considering alternatives. We did that with our small daughter and it was the perfect beach location for kids - no waves, gorgeous surroundings, soft sand and a nice relaxing boat ride around Nassau to get there. Very uncrowded and such a beautiful island. You can walk over and check out the dolphins too and other animals they have too.
Niebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:43 AM   #8
goofydisneygal
Earning My Ears

We also enjoyed the blue lagoon ... It is no frills but the natural beauty of the area prevails. Great for kids, we snorkeled, and there are a series of decks you can walk and see the dolphins etc. mine were 4 and 7 at the time and we all enjoyed it. I haven't been to Casaway Cay yet (counting down to Feb) but hear that by far, this is the beach day. Atlantis has a reputation for herding people in and out ... They have their own guests as a priority (understandably) and hosting cruise guests is really cash flow to them.
2011 - Private House
2012 - Gaylord Palms
2013 - Wilderness Lodge & Disney Dream

DVC Member

(7) (10)
goofydisneygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:22 AM   #9
braysmommy
DIS Veteran

We also just want some beach time so i reserved day passes at the Hilton that includes lunch. 50/adult and 25/child.
braysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #10
islandtimect
DIS Veteran

Is Blue Lagoon a Disney exvursion, or do u book it on your own? If so how do we do that?
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #11
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandtimect View Post
Is Blue Lagoon a Disney exvursion, or do u book it on your own? If so how do we do that?
You can do either, but it isn't that much more to do it through Disney. We did the dolphin swim and I went as an observer. I think overall it was about $40 more to do it through Disney, and I looked at it like travel insurance. It was our first cruise, our first excursion, and I liked not having to worry about the weather, times, directions (although the Blue Lagoon boat is docked right near the ships).

A lot of people were doing just the beach day. The entire Buena Vista theater was full of people going to Blue Lagoon, some for the dolphins, some the sea lions, but a lot just for the beach.

I'd recommend it.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: