Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
bellyxray
Earning My Ears

wishes dessert ?

So I *think* I'm getting a reservation for Feb 5th. I'm skeptical though. It says my reserve time though is 7:20pm. But doesn't it start one hour before fireworks? I'm not suppose to show up at 7:20 right???? I'm pretty sure I'm reading everything correctly, it says dessert party. I'm just hoping I'm not making reservations to Tomorrowland Terrace Rest. even though you don't need to reserve there.
bellyxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Are Wishes at 8pm that night. They stagger the reservations for the computer system. You are able to arrive the full 60 minutes prior. I would line up at 6:45pm as others may get there earlier, but your seat is assigned. That will get you in around 7pm. You can enjoy a trip to the buffet. Then go get your pictures taken. Get a second plate if you want. Depending on the people attending if you have more get up that will be around 15 minutes prior.

Enjoy. It is our favorite thing to do now. We get a plate and drink and stay afterwards. We have never had a problem and the CM's are very, very nice. It is very relaxing for us.
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
bellyxray
Earning My Ears

I'm excited for it, and I'm sure my boys will love it too. Anything involving dessert!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
bellyxray
Earning My Ears

shows you how clueless I am, yes the show is at 8, so I guess the reserve time is right. Thanks for the info!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:44 AM   #5
Quin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyxray View Post
shows you how clueless I am, yes the show is at 8, so I guess the reserve time is right. Thanks for the info!
No, your ADR time is not right, unless you like missing 1/3 of what you paid for.

There is 1 Dessert Party per night and it starts at the same time for everyone who had an ADR. The trouble is that whether you sign up for it by phone or online, the system insists on treating it like a restaurant with staggered start times, so some people will get ADRs for 6:20 pm and some will get then for 8:20 pm.

IGNORE THE TIME ON YOUR ADR. All that matters is the date. The party opens for all attendees 1 hour before Wishes. You'll want to go check in 10-15 minutes before that (they give you wristbands so you can leave and re-enter if you need to go use the restroom). Tables are pre-assigned so getting there any earlier is unnecessary. If Wishes is at 8 pm that night the Party opens at 7 and if you are there you will be seated at 7. Waiting until 7:20 to show up just means that the horde of locusts....I mean the other Party attendees.....will have already descended on the buffet tables. The CMs have been good about trying to keep things restocked, but there may already be things that have about run out.

Moral of the story: if you're paying for the Party, go to the whole Party. Go to the podium by 6:50 if Wishes is at 8. And enjoy; it's a great way to end a day at WDW.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
NC State
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyxray View Post
So I *think* I'm getting a reservation for Feb 5th. I'm skeptical though. It says my reserve time though is 7:20pm. But doesn't it start one hour before fireworks? I'm not suppose to show up at 7:20 right???? I'm pretty sure I'm reading everything correctly, it says dessert party. I'm just hoping I'm not making reservations to Tomorrowland Terrace Rest. even though you don't need to reserve there.
We're booked also on Feb 5th. I'll see you there

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: