Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
Queen Mamadala
Earning My Ears

Need shopping route help!

We are headed to Orlando this weekend and staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for the first time. We are going to need to hit a Walmart or Aldi for some breakfast foods and we also want to visit one of the Disney outlets. The thing is that I am jonesing for an Ikea fix! I am totally unfamiliar with Orlando and keep trying combinations in mapquest and getting frustrated. Can anyone recommend a route that would include Ikea (4092 Eastgate Dr, exit 78 off I-4), one of the outlets, and a convenient Walmart or Aldi that would keep us from driving all over creation? We will probably have a little time on arrival day when we will need to venture out for groceries anyway and if there's a way to squeeze in some shopping I would love it! I know the Walmarts nearest to WBC but I'm sure there's one nearer to the other shops, which for all I know are on opposite sides of town! Thanks for any suggestions or tips for getting around and getting my fix!

Melissa

December 16-21, 2012 @ WBC!!!

May 22-29, 2011 @ Pop Century--1st trip to WDW for DH and DDs!

Me: several early '70s trips to WDW (ticket book era!), 1984, 1990 all offsite
Queen Mamadala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Mamadala View Post
We are headed to Orlando this weekend and staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for the first time. We are going to need to hit a Walmart or Aldi for some breakfast foods and we also want to visit one of the Disney outlets. The thing is that I am jonesing for an Ikea fix! I am totally unfamiliar with Orlando and keep trying combinations in mapquest and getting frustrated. Can anyone recommend a route that would include Ikea (4092 Eastgate Dr, exit 78 off I-4), one of the outlets, and a convenient Walmart or Aldi that would keep us from driving all over creation? We will probably have a little time on arrival day when we will need to venture out for groceries anyway and if there's a way to squeeze in some shopping I would love it! I know the Walmarts nearest to WBC but I'm sure there's one nearer to the other shops, which for all I know are on opposite sides of town! Thanks for any suggestions or tips for getting around and getting my fix!

Melissa
Everything you want is on the I-4 corridor. I would go to Ikea first. Beware, this is the Christmas season and Ikea is surrounded by a high-end malls and shopping centers.

If you want to go to an outlet mall, I would go to the Premium Outlets on 8200 Vineland Avenue. Next door is a Publix, so you could shop there after.

If you want Walmart, there is a Super Walmart on Sand Lake Drive just off I-4 halfway between Ikea and Bonnet Creek.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

Ikea is next to the Mall of Millenia,take I-4 north and get off at Conroy rd.The two major outlets are both called Orlando Premium outlets,one is the Vineland ave location which is closer to Disney and the other one is the International Drive location,they're both pretty similar but might not have the same stores.The International Drive location is at the north end of International Drive and is very close to Ikea and the Mall of Millenia area,you don't even have to get back on I-4 to get to the I-Drive outlets from Ikea.Just take Millenia blvd south to W.Oak Ridge rd and turn right,You'll see the outlets on the right.If you want to go to the Vineland ave location take I-4 south from the Millenia area and get off at 535 which I believe is exit 68,go south on 535 under the I-4 overpass get on the left lane and turn left at Vineland ave which will lead you to the Vineland ave outlets.For grocery shopping there's a Publix in the shopping center right across the street from the Vineland ave outlets,just behind an Outback steakhouse.There's another Publix on Sand Lake rd west of I-4 and a Winn Dixie on 535 just north of the Hotel Plaza blvd Disney entrance.If you want a Super Wal Mart go back up 535 just past the Hotel Plaza blvd Disney entrance but before reaching Winn Dixie and turn right on Palm Parkway,the road will become Turkey Lake rd but just go straight,you will pass
Dr.Phillips hospital and then you'll see the Wal Mart on your left.Everything is just off I-4 so you shouldn't get lost just study the map carefully.