Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 02:22 AM   #1
claybrim
Earning My Ears

staying at 2 hotels in one trip

G'day Guys, i am slowly starting to understand disneyworld - i've read lots and seen a billion contradictions but i beleive i have sorted out hotels

What i wanted to know is if many of you have stayed in 2 hotels over the 7-10 day break at disney - was switching easy?? Are there any pitfalls with plans, dining and offers etc?? Also i notice i have to book both 5 day hotels seperately - is there away around that - the disney hotline say no, but i have also read they tend to say the simple answers only.

At this stage we are 100% committed to a savanna veiw club room at AKL, and we are either doing GF or PO-R as our second.

What are you thoughts on the idea of 2 hotels???

Thanks
claybrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:52 AM   #2
rib837
Earning My Ears

We recently just did a 2 hotel stay in 7 days, but with us it may have been a little different. We stayed at one hotel for a night and then moved to our other hotel. What we did was packed a small bag for the first hotel and left the other bags in the car for the other hotel. That way we were not lugging everything up the first night and bringing it back down the next day. It worked out well for us.

There was another time we did a 2 hotel stay and we did not have any issues with it. you just have to pack everything up both times.

We did AK before and we loved it. We wished we could have stayed longer. I would personally recommend GF. We stayed there for our Honeymoon and we loved it there. We are looking forward to the DVC part to open up there.

rib837 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

It is what is commonly referred to as a split stay. You do need two separate reservations, which means two deposits.

The only huge disadvantage is if you get a discount, that requires you to purchase a ticket to make it a package. But you can always use the second ticket on another trip (don't use it) and add days to your first ticket. Or you can take the discount on the longest (free dining) or more expensive resort (room discount).

The HUGE advantage to a split stay is that you do get to try a deluxe resort for at least part of your stay, while most of us can only afford value or moderate (like me) for our entire stay.

Disney transfers your luggage to the next resort, but it may take several hours. If you plan on trying to get into your room right away, you should take a cab to the next resort. If not, just pack a day bag with any items you may need that day and store it with guest services.

I have done the land/sea package the first three years which is very similar. I packed the cruise half in the bottom of my suitcase with a plastic bag inbetween and packed my resort clothes on the top.

I unpacked just the resort clothes and used the plastic bag for a hamper. At the end of my resort stay, I took my cruise clothes out of the bottom of the bag, put my dirty clothes in its place, used the plastic bag as a divider and then packed the clean clothes on top. That way, you were only unpacking what you needed and not packing twice.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I have done a split stay on my last 5 vacations. I do 2 deluxes and I enjoy doing it because I plan my dining around the resort location. The amount of time lost in changing resorts is made up in the time I save traveling to/from dining.

I like to do AKL 2nd because I find it to the be the most relaxing resort at WDW (along with OKW). It's just a personal preference.

Although Disney will transfer your luggage, one time of having a mess up cured me of that as it was very time consuming to track down and retrieve the missing bag. Now I take a cab and transfer our things. The luggage is packed with a split stay in mind so the only items we use at both resorts are the toiletries; otherwise a bag is packed for resort A and a bag is packed for resort B.

I do not book packages, we do room only and we have annual passes that we are not connected to room keys. I don't know if I'd want to do hassle with a move if I was linked to packages and needed to pick up room keys, etc.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: