Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
PixieNette
Earning My Ears

Checking in one day EARLIER than our package!

Okay, because of unforeseen airline ticketing problems, we are now arriving on a day earlier than our package! The plane lands at 11pm, so it is pointless to try and add a day to our stay.

I looked at several options. But it seems the best one might be to book a Room Only with our Travel Agent for the same resort we're staying at (AoA / Cars). Then, at least we'll be in the right "spot" for the next day.

That begs a question -- our travel agent said she would cross reference our package and that one-night stay and add notes so hopefully we'd get the "real" room on the first night and not have to move.

But...what about the next day? Even if they think that will be our room, do we have to check out, move our stuff to bell services, go to the park and come check in again? Or is it likely (if they tell us it will be able to be the same room) that we could just leave our belongings in that room.

We are planning to hit the park early the next day for Early Magic Hour. I just am not sure whether believing or assuming that room will still be hours later in the day is feasible (even if the staff at midnight says it is).

Has anyone done this before? or encountered a situation like this? How did it work?
PixieNette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieNette View Post
Okay, because of unforeseen airline ticketing problems, we are now arriving on a day earlier than our package! The plane lands at 11pm, so it is pointless to try and add a day to our stay.

I looked at several options. But it seems the best one might be to book a Room Only with our Travel Agent for the same resort we're staying at (AoA / Cars). Then, at least we'll be in the right "spot" for the next day.

That begs a question -- our travel agent said she would cross reference our package and that one-night stay and add notes so hopefully we'd get the "real" room on the first night and not have to move.

But...what about the next day? Even if they think that will be our room, do we have to check out, move our stuff to bell services, go to the park and come check in again? Or is it likely (if they tell us it will be able to be the same room) that we could just leave our belongings in that room.

We are planning to hit the park early the next day for Early Magic Hour. I just am not sure whether believing or assuming that room will still be hours later in the day is feasible (even if the staff at midnight says it is).

Has anyone done this before? or encountered a situation like this? How did it work?
They will try and work it out so that the room you check into for your room only res (if it is the same type as the pkg) is the same as the pkg. That way you won't have to move. You can just leave your things, but you will have to head down to the front desk and check out/in for your package.

Most of the time it isn't an issue but it does depend on availability so there is a chance that you could have to pack up and move rooms.
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

As the pp said, as long as you book the same room type as your package, the chance is very good that you will not have to move. When you check in for the room only reservation, mention to the CM that you have a continuing reservation and would like to keep the same room if possible. Disney will do everything they can to keep you in the same room, but there is a slight chance that you will have to pack up and move. Even if you are able to stay put, you will have to check out/check back in for your package and get new KTTW cards with your park tickets (and DDP, if you have that).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
PixieNette
Earning My Ears

Thank you!!

Yes, it would be the exact same thing as our package...and we have the Deluxe Dining Plan (which wouldn't start until after midnight, I guess?)

Fact is, we'll be exhausted from traveling. We are shipping our luggage, I believe, so we will just have carry-ons. I'm just worried about getting the luggage sent to our room ahead of time. I guess it will be put there earlier, even if we don't show up until midnight. I just want us to be able to be up and going at 7 am for our first day...and my son's first time to DW!

Not crazy about the price (252) for one night, but, the difference in the airfare is 900...so...in the long run, it's cheaper!

I honestly thought it would be cheaper on 1/3 than 1/2...I guess more people are coming back from holidays on the 3rd or 4th (that's what it looks like from airfares).
PixieNette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieNette View Post
Thank you!!

Yes, it would be the exact same thing as our package...and we have the Deluxe Dining Plan (which wouldn't start until after midnight, I guess?)

Fact is, we'll be exhausted from traveling. We are shipping our luggage, I believe, so we will just have carry-ons. I'm just worried about getting the luggage sent to our room ahead of time. I guess it will be put there earlier, even if we don't show up until midnight. I just want us to be able to be up and going at 7 am for our first day...and my son's first time to DW!

Not crazy about the price (252) for one night, but, the difference in the airfare is 900...so...in the long run, it's cheaper!

I honestly thought it would be cheaper on 1/3 than 1/2...I guess more people are coming back from holidays on the 3rd or 4th (that's what it looks like from airfares).
Just an FYI, if you ship your luggage, they will not place it in your room. Bell services will hold it for you. You will need to go to bell services when you arrive at the resort and pick it up. My advice, pack everything you need for your first night and first day in your carry-on and leave your shipped luggage with bell services until you know if you have to move or not. Check in, sleep, re-check in as soon as you get up in the morning. You will then know if you have to move rooms or not. Chances are you won't. If you don't, simply go to the parks and get your shipped luggage from bell services after you return from the parks. If you DO have to move, simply give bell services your carry-ons and pick up all of your luggage when you return from the parks. This way you don't waste precious sleep or park time schlepping luggage all over AoA!
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

To add onto the PP -

Your DP will not start at midnight. When you check out of your room only res and into your package res at the front desk you will be given a new KTTW card with your tickets/ddp credits. You will not have access to either of these on the key given to you for your room only reservation.

If you by some chance are not referring to shipping your luggage as the previous poster laid out for you and are referring to DME.... DME will not have your luggage in your room ahead of time. It will be delivered a few hours later ( 2 - 3 hours). BUT if your flight is arriving after 10p you will need to pick up your own luggage and bring it on the bus with you, and therefore, nothing will be delivered.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

My husband hates flying so we drive down from Ohio. Last year we were doing great with time & ended up in Orlando around 11p. I mistakenly thought we see like holiday inn or something like that as we got closer, but realized the way the GPS took us went directly to Disney (it had been almost 9 yrs since our last trip, kind of forgot that the paid toll road had nothing around it!). So we pulled into a Hess station & I called the Beach Club where we would be staying & explained the situation. The CM was great & really helpful, but initially stated it would be full price for room & me personally felt like we just didn't want to spend $500 for 1 night that would be after 12a. So I asked if one of the values or moderate had a room, she checked into that & said it would be like $200. Then she talked to manager & he said we could just have Beach Club room for the $200 so we just did that. It worked out well for us. The room was really nice, but it didn't have the full balcony I wanted & it was the farthest room on the 4th floor from the elevator (closest to Yacht Club) & with my husband recent knee surgery it was just too far. So in the am the front desk gave me the option of keeping our current room or going to our reserved room, we took the reserved room as it was close to the elevator near the quiet pool & had the full balcony.

This year when we went to Yacht Club I booked Pop Century for 1st night since we again didn't know when we arrive. My husband was disappointed with Pop, but I think it was because he loved Beach Club so much. I thought Pop was nice! We had packed a small bag to take into Pop & left the rest in car. Then moved to Yacht Club ourselves the next am.

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Angeejoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: