DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
EagleScout
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 476

BCV - second "real" bed in at least one br

For the 2br villas in Beach Club, does at least one of the two bedrooms always have two "real" beds? My wife and I will be hosting the two "moms", and if needed, we can forfeit the master and stay in second bedroom so they each get a "real" bed. Thanks!
EagleScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran
 
erionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 12,649

Normally a dedicated has 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. BCV is unique in that there are 2 dedicated configurations. Each are booking categories.

At BCV you would need to book a dedicated 2-bedroom w/2 queen beds to get 2 actual beds in the second bedroom.
The other dedicated 2-bedroom configuration has a queen bed and sleeper sofa in the second bedroom.

There is a also a 2-bedroom lock-off which is a 1-bedroom and a studio with an interior connecting door. The Studio becomes the second bedroom and it has a queen bed and a sleeper sofa.
__________________
Michael
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
Sammie
DIS Veteran
 
Sammie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 20,357

Also there are only 25 of the two queen bed in second bedroom at the BCV, so you will need to book at 11 months to be sure to get one.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
DizBub
Totally Addicted
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington, IL
Posts: 1,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
For the 2br villas in Beach Club, does at least one of the two bedrooms always have two "real" beds? My wife and I will be hosting the two "moms", and if needed, we can forfeit the master and stay in second bedroom so they each get a "real" bed. Thanks!
No, most of the 2 br villas at BCV have 1 queen bed and a sleeper sofa in the second bedroom. Some are lock-offs. I had a decicated 2br w/1 queen and sofa bed once.

There is a booking catagory that specifies a 2br w/2 queen beds but I don't think there are many of them. Last year I was on the waitlist for the 2 queen beds for 7 months and it never came through. Can't hurt to try. Good luck!
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
skelooch
DIS Veteran
 
skelooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Connecticut/Florida
Posts: 2,219

Only 25 of the dedicated 2BR units have two queen beds in the second BR. All others will have a queen bed and sleeper sofa.

The 2 queen units are a booking category and will be noted on the reservation, they book quickly so having the 11 month booking window is an advantage for getting one.

There are 3 types of 2BR units at BCV, the dedicated 2BR-2 queens, the dedicated 2BR-1queen and sleeper sofa, the lockoff 2BR-consisting of a 1BR unit and a studio.
__________________

2003 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Oct-BCV++++2004 Feb-BCV, Mar-BCV, May-BCV, Nov-BCV
2005 Mar-BCV,May-BCV, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV++++2006 Feb-BCV,May-VB,VWL & BCV,Sep-BCV,Nov-BCV
2007 Feb-BCV,May-BCV,May-OKW,Sep-BCV,Nov-OKW++++2008 Feb-BCV, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Nov-BCV
2009 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Aug-OKW, Sep-OKW, Nov-BCV++++ 2010 Feb-BLT&OKW, Apr-OKW, May-OKW, Jul-OKW, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV
2011 Feb-OKW, May- OKW, Aug-AKV, Sep-OKW, Oct-OKW, Nov-OKW
2012 Feb-OKW, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Sep-OKW, Nov-OKW, Dec-OKW
2013 Jan, Feb, April, May, Jul, Oct, Nov,
skelooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
EagleScout
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelooch
Only 25 of the dedicated 2BR units have two queen beds in the second BR. All others will have a queen bed and sleeper sofa.

The 2 queen units are a booking category and will be noted on the reservation, they book quickly so having the 11 month booking window is an advantage for getting one.

There are 3 types of 2BR units at BCV, the dedicated 2BR-2 queens, the dedicated 2BR-1queen and sleeper sofa, the lockoff 2BR-consisting of a 1BR unit and a studio.
I appreciate everyone's prompt and consistent response- ie, that certain/many of the 2br in bcv have a second bedroom with a bed and a sofa as the second bed, but what about the "first"/"master" bedroom? To clarify, if the second bedroom has a queen and a sleeper sofa, would the master also have a queen and a sofa, or would the master have two real beds, regardless of the configuration of the second bedroom? As i said, i would be willing to stay in the second bedroom and give my mom and mon-in-law the master, if it means they each get a real bed. Thanks!
EagleScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
EagleScout
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout

I appreciate everyone's prompt and consistent response- ie, that certain/many of the 2br in bcv have a second bedroom with a bed and a sofa as the second bed, but what about the "first"/"master" bedroom? To clarify, if the second bedroom has a queen and a sleeper sofa, would the master also have a queen and a sofa, or would the master have two real beds, regardless of the configuration of the second bedroom? As i said, i would be willing to stay in the second bedroom and give my mom and mon-in-law the master, if it means they each get a real bed. Thanks!
Or does the master bedroom just have a single king bed?
EagleScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
erionm
DIS Veteran
 
erionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 12,649

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
Or does the master bedroom just have a single king bed?
All Master bedrooms have a King bed. This applies to all 1-bedroom and larger units with the exception of the Treehouse Villas where the Master has a Queen bed.
__________________
Michael
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,647

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
For the 2br villas in Beach Club, does at least one of the two bedrooms always have two "real" beds? My wife and I will be hosting the two "moms", and if needed, we can forfeit the master and stay in second bedroom so they each get a "real" bed. Thanks!
The cheapest way to get real beds for everyone is reserve two value rooms. Four double beds.

But if you want DVC, reserve an OKW two bedroom. You get two real queen sized beds in the second bedroom always. And the king in the master bedroom.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.