Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #16
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Sometimes I'll watch AdventureTime, Regular Show, and Annoying Orange with my teens.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #17
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Nope
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #18
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapquitler View Post
Yes I am! I'm a huge fan of Thomas the Tank Engine, which we still watch on DVD around here (and youngest is 9). I still like episodes of Calliou and the Wonder Pets which we also have on DVD, but I wish we had Franklin and Little Bear DVDs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superme80 View Post
Huge Veggietale fans in this house. I have always liked Arthur too. I am guilty of watching Garfield and Friends, the Tinkerbelle movies, and Jem and the Holograms.
Guilty of Thomas! We have all of the old Thomas videos, with Ringo Star and George Carlin as Mr. Conductor -- we really don't like the new ones.

VeggieTales! And Garfield. Also Rocket Power, Wild Thornberries, Rugrats -- those late 90's shows.

And SMURFS. Let's not forget our little blue friends.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #19
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsjax View Post
I don't watch the pre school shows, but I do love Good Luck Charlie. .
Me too!!! That's about it.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #20
brookmey
I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blue

I really like Good Luck Charlie, too! I've watched it several times by myself when the kids are gone or in bed.

I don't watch any of the preschool shows, got my fill of them when my kids were that age. Although, I do like the Christmas episodes of many of the preschool shows, so I may have to force the kids to watch them so I can too.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #21
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I loved Bear in the Big Blue House back in the day. I was sad when it disappeared.

I always liked Sesame Street too. I love the Muppets!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #22
newt2
Mouseketeer

Last weekend the Disney channel was running several hours of Good Luck Charlie back to back. I was reading and my kid was watching the show.

After an episode or two she went shopping with Mom for Christmas. I left the Disney channel on and watched the next three episodes.... not sure why.... ugh..

I actually like Phineas and Ferb though.
newt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #23
cari12
DIS Veteran

Of course! I like Good Luck Charlie, iCarly, Imagination Movers, Lab Rats and I love taking the kids to the movies to see the latest kids movies (DH and I enjoy them as much as the kids).
Old 12-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #24
rszdtrvl
DIS Veteran

I was gonna say that I love "Ned's DeClassified", "Drake and Josh", "Zoey 101", and still watch "ICarly" on occasion.

But those are considered "teen" shows.

As for kids shows, nope. My son is 16 and we have long outgrown the Dora days. But we do still like Spongebob!
rszdtrvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #25
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I'll admit it, I love watching Sesame Street and Curious George with DS. Although I don't watch them when he's not around, there were many times I'd put it on for him and halfway through he was down on the floor playing with his toys and I was still watching! Now he is more into movies, like Cars and Toy Story, more so than TV shows. He loves watching Thomas, but I really don't like that show!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #26
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Adding my name to the list. I pretty much only watch cartoons (aside from OUAT, Merlin, and the Walking Dead). I especially love when the 90s cartoons are on-- childhood on TV!

And for the record, I have no kids who I can "blame" for my habits.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #27
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmmom95 View Post
I love Phineas & Ferb and Spongebob Squarepants!
Big Phineas and Ferb fan here too! What's everyone got against them?

tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #28
DarthMama
Mouseketeer

Love Jake & the Neverland Pirates (although my daughter calls it "the Netherland Pirates" -- which makes me think of them as pirates from Amsterdam) and Max & Ruby (which I call "Max and Poopy", since Ruby's always putting a cloud on Max's fun). My husband is a huge fan of Good Luck Charlie, and the kids have caught me watching Phineas & Ferb a few times after they've gone to bed.
DarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #29
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

I like watching Phineas & Ferb and I've even watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse from time to time

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

Sparkly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #30
Hoodie
Going to BC and GF with one week's planning
The snappers go for you and the painteds pee on you. Either way, they never seemed very grateful!

With a 3 year old, we're smack in the middle of being forced to watch most of these. I admit, sometimes I do the "forcing" because I like them. The ones I "encourage" because I actually like them - The Wiggles, Rolie Polie Olie, Little Einsteins, Backyardigans, Phineas and Ferb (OK, at 3, that's stretching it....and I *may* have watched P&F while I was pregnant and had no kiddo excuse)

I encourage anything on Disney because I'm desperate to make DS a Disney freak like me. He complies with being obsessed with Jake, Mickey Mouse, and Doc McStuffins.
Hoodie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: