DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
katmittens
OKW Owner

What is a quiet location at Saratoga

I had a 5 nite reservation at AK Jambo Value studio for week of Feb. 3, which I booked at 7 months, and had to change my plans. I was so. We love staying in those rooms when it is just Dis husband and myself. Dis son came home for Christmas, he moved to New Mexico 6 months ago, and we said we were going to Disney the first week of February, and he said why don't you go later since he has time off to study for a test he has to take the end of Feb. and he can go wherever as long as he takes some time to study, so long story short I had to change my plans and could only get SS for Feb 12 to 16.
I am looking forward to staying here, since it will be something new but need some help. We would like to be near a quiet pool and away from traffic noise or DD noise. I will request top floor, but not sure what else. Don't care if we are near a bus stop, as we drive most of the time anyway. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
antree
DIS Veteran

We just stayed there for the first time, the first week of Disney. I think I can say it is all quiet...LOL..I can be wrong, but I didn't see how any rooms had traffic noise. We stayed in the Springs section right across from check-in. There were 6 different rooms with us and we never seen ea other or heard ea other, or heard anyone else. We had to walk to the pool across the street or behind us. We were not near DTD that I knew of, because once again I thought it was too quiet. I won't say anything bad about SSR because it's just my view, but if quiet is what you want, you will get it at SSR.
We had 2nd fl, Springs location building 3.
antree is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
erionm
DIS Veteran

The Grandstand section seems to have a pretty quite pool. It's also close enough to walk to the Carriage House if you want to go the resort store or restaurant.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #4
vandy
Vacations are getaways from vacation planning!

Grandstand has a very nice quiet pool and road noise would probably be the least there. The Paddocks has another nice quiet pool with counter service food. All of these buildings line the road but as stated in another post, the design of the buildings means very little noise gets to the rooms. The doors to the villas are at the front of the building so all of the rooms look out the sides/backs onto the green areas. We were in the Springs last month, right by the bus stop and rarely heard the traffic. Since you drive, I would think that the Paddocks requesting near the pool or bus stop, would be your first choice, then the Grandstands, also requesting near pool or bus stop. (I like the parking just a little better at the Paddocks)

vandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: