Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #91
TwingleMomFl
Mouseketeer
 
TwingleMomFl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 133

Ahoy fellow Cruisers!

Hello! We just booked today. There will be 7 of us sailing. Myself , DH, DS (15), DD's (9,9), and the grandparents. I will not have time to get a FE together, but would love to touch base with anyone with a teenager. Anyone with a teen signing up for the teen adventure for their child?

I am so excited!!! Now to have everything ready for Christmas before we leave!!! Let the fun begin!
__________________
TwingleMomFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #92
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer
 
So Cal Crew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkath2005 View Post
We would like to be in the FE 2xcabins. 1:colkath2005 2:colkathparents. Thanks
Colette
Hey Colette,
Missing you guys and can't wait to see you soon. I got an e-mail and don't think you were on the list for the 12/13 FE. I see you on the FE list for the 12/18 sailing but not this one. Are you guys doing different gifts? We are doing the same gift for both sailing and the girls got something different for your family. I keep getting the 2 dates mixed up. If you don't respond, I'll give you a call next week. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and since the girls are home from school, Summer and Autumn are going to call Jayden in the next day or 2. Take care and we'll see you soon.

<3,
Cathy
__________________
So Cal Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #93
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer
 
So Cal Crew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwingleMomFl View Post
Hello! We just booked today. There will be 7 of us sailing. Myself , DH, DS (15), DD's (9,9), and the grandparents. I will not have time to get a FE together, but would love to touch base with anyone with a teenager. Anyone with a teen signing up for the teen adventure for their child?

I am so excited!!! Now to have everything ready for Christmas before we leave!!! Let the fun begin!
My girls Summer and Autumn are 15 and 14. We are from Huntington Beach which is in Orange County, CA (about 15 minutes from Disneyland) We are doing a B2B with friends and this will be the second of the 2 sailings. We haven't signed up for any adventures. The girls want to just wait and see what the weather is like and what their friends are doing. I'm sure the girls will be hanging out with some friends from our EBPC cruise last Christmas. What is your sons name and what grade is he in?
__________________
So Cal Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #94
TwingleMomFl
Mouseketeer
 
TwingleMomFl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew View Post
My girls Summer and Autumn are 15 and 14. We are from Huntington Beach which is in Orange County, CA (about 15 minutes from Disneyland) We are doing a B2B with friends and this will be the second of the 2 sailings. We haven't signed up for any adventures. The girls want to just wait and see what the weather is like and what their friends are doing. I'm sure the girls will be hanging out with some friends from our EBPC cruise last Christmas. What is your sons name and what grade is he in?
My son's name is Nick. He is a sophomore and I hope I don't regret taking him out of school and missing crew practice that many days. We have been dying to see the re imagination of the Magic. He is a great kid. It is just hard to make friends at this age on these short cruises.

I don't have my room yet. Hopefully sometime this week.

My husband is from Southern California. We were actually out in Disneyland back in feb.

Let's hope for calm seas . The northeastern winds have been pushing down and not making the most ideal cruising conditions the past few weeks.
__________________
TwingleMomFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #95
minniemusician
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 23

Just booked!

We just booked this cruise a few days ago and finally got our cabin assignment (6060). We were hoping to become part of the FE group - if it isn't too late!

There will be three of us in the cabin, all adults.

Mom (Me) - 63 years old
Daughter - 30 years old
Daughter's Best Guy Friend - 27 years old

This will be our 8th Disney Cruise, but our first time participating in the FE group and the first time sailing out of Miami.

So excited!!!
minniemusician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #96
Soarin Hubby
Mouseketeer
 
Soarin Hubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Just behind MK
Posts: 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemusician View Post
We just booked this cruise a few days ago and finally got our cabin assignment (6060). We were hoping to become part of the FE group - if it isn't too late!

There will be three of us in the cabin, all adults.

Mom (Me) - 63 years old
Daughter - 30 years old
Daughter's Best Guy Friend - 27 years old

This will be our 8th Disney Cruise, but our first time participating in the FE group and the first time sailing out of Miami.

So excited!!!
Welcome aboard. I'm not the FE moderator but will add you to my list. We are in cabin 6098. Here is the link for the Facebook page for this cruise:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/207773759381639/
__________________
Disneyland 2011,12 & 13. Visited WDW every year since 1983, (own OLCC) then moved to WDW 2009 & retired.
Cruises: the Magic in '02 (eastern), '03 (western); the Wonder in '07, '08 (DVC), '10 (Halloween), '11 (Alaska) & '12 (Hawaii); Dream 3x's in 2012, 2x's in Apr '13, Jun & Oct '13 (Halloween), Jan & Jul 2014; & the Fantasy in Aug & Nov 2013. Bought DVC in '06 and use for DL, WDW resorts & cruises.

Soarin Hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #97
geekboy
Gold Castaway Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 61

I just booked last minute. I do not have a cabin assigned, but will probably be on Deck 5 or Deck 6 in a Verandah. This will be my 9th sailing. I am not traveling with anyone else. I just need to see the new and improved Disney Magic!

Now, I just need to make arrangements to get from FLL (Airport) to the Port of Miami on Wednesday!
__________________
Disney Wonder (3-Night Bahamian) 10/2010
Disney Dream (4-Night Bahamian) 2/2011
Disney Dream (4-Night Bahamian) 1/2012
Disney Dream (4-Night Bahamian) 9/2012
Disney Magic (7-Night Western Caribbean) 11/2012
Disney Dream (3-Night Bahamian) 12/2012
Disney Fantasy (7-Night Eastern Caribbean) 1/26/2013
Disney Magic (6-Night Western Caribbean) 04/20/2013 (Bingo Jackpot!)
Disney Magic (4-Night Bahamian) 12/18/2013
Disney Dream (3-Night Bahamian) 4/24/2014 (DVC)
Disney Magic (3-Night Repositioning San Juan to Canaveral) 10/18/2014
geekboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #98
colkath2005
Mouseketeer
 
colkath2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Yorkshire, England
Posts: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwingleMomFl View Post
Hello! We just booked today. There will be 7 of us sailing. Myself , DH, DS (15), DD's (9,9), and the grandparents. I will not have time to get a FE together, but would love to touch base with anyone with a teenager. Anyone with a teen signing up for the teen adventure for their child?

I am so excited!!! Now to have everything ready for Christmas before we leave!!! Let the fun begin!
My son Billy has just turned 16 (sep) and will be happy to know he has a fellow cruiser his own age. Not sure if he wants to do teen adventure yet but ill try and drag an answer from him at some point. If he is on Facebook I can always PM you his details to give your son.
My other son Jayden is 13 and has become good friends with SoCals lovely daughters. I am sure they will be happy to include him.
Colette
colkath2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #99
colkath2005
Mouseketeer
 
colkath2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Yorkshire, England
Posts: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew View Post
Hey Colette,
Missing you guys and can't wait to see you soon. I got an e-mail and don't think you were on the list for the 12/13 FE. I see you on the FE list for the 12/18 sailing but not this one. Are you guys doing different gifts? We are doing the same gift for both sailing and the girls got something different for your family. I keep getting the 2 dates mixed up. If you don't respond, I'll give you a call next week. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and since the girls are home from school, Summer and Autumn are going to call Jayden in the next day or 2. Take care and we'll see you soon.

<3,
Cathy
Hi Cathy
Sorry I haven't been in touch. Things have been very hectic here but all problems (hopefully) taken care of now. Jayden was so excited to talk to the girls last night and was running up and down stairs asking for info lol. He is really excited about meeting up with them again.
We have now booked the Marriott Courtyard Miami Aventura Mall for our pre-cruise stay. If you book the same or one close maybe we can meet and catch up on the 12th after dinner. It will be once less day of Jayden driving me crazy with his excitement lol.
We are doing same gifts for both cruises too. But have different gifts picked out for your family on the 2nd cruise. I can't believe it's only 9 days until we leave for the airport! Ok so I may have caught some of Jayden's excitement too
Colette
colkath2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:44 PM   #100
TwingleMomFl
Mouseketeer
 
TwingleMomFl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkath2005 View Post
My son Billy has just turned 16 (sep) and will be happy to know he has a fellow cruiser his own age. Not sure if he wants to do teen adventure yet but ill try and drag an answer from him at some point. If he is on Facebook I can always PM you his details to give your son. My other son Jayden is 13 and has become good friends with SoCals lovely daughters. I am sure they will be happy to include him. Colette
Sounds great! Are you on the Facebook page? You can see my post about looking for a teenagers that may be traveling on out sailing.

My son really doesn't get on Facebook to much,. Message me and maybe they can all meet up! I will have my son go to the open house on the first night in the vibe. I know when we were on the Dream in August they gave them a room key that was a different color and had the vibe on it. What a great way for them to see who belongs there.
__________________
TwingleMomFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #101
colkath2005
Mouseketeer
 
colkath2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Yorkshire, England
Posts: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwingleMomFl View Post
Sounds great! Are you on the Facebook page? You can see my post about looking for a teenagers that may be traveling on out sailing.

My son really doesn't get on Facebook to much,. Message me and maybe they can all meet up! I will have my son go to the open house on the first night in the vibe. I know when we were on the Dream in August they gave them a room key that was a different color and had the vibe on it. What a great way for them to see who belongs there.
That's a great idea! Billy tends to head to the vibe ASAP so he will be there. I've told him about your son and he is pleased to be able to meet up with him. Ill check the Facebook page shortly.
Colette
colkath2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #102
colkath2005
Mouseketeer
 
colkath2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Yorkshire, England
Posts: 236

An update for everyone in the FE. Gordon will not be travelling with us now. No change in cabins etc just that he is no longer on the cruise or the FE list.
Colette
colkath2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #103
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer
 
So Cal Crew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkath2005 View Post
Hi Cathy
Sorry I haven't been in touch. Things have been very hectic here but all problems (hopefully) taken care of now. Jayden was so excited to talk to the girls last night and was running up and down stairs asking for info lol. He is really excited about meeting up with them again.
We have now booked the Marriott Courtyard Miami Aventura Mall for our pre-cruise stay. If you book the same or one close maybe we can meet and catch up on the 12th after dinner. It will be once less day of Jayden driving me crazy with his excitement lol.
We are doing same gifts for both cruises too. But have different gifts picked out for your family on the 2nd cruise. I can't believe it's only 9 days until we leave for the airport! Ok so I may have caught some of Jayden's excitement too
Colette
We aren't starting our vacation as soon as you but the days are getting closer. We are so excited to see your family again. Every time the girls get done talking to Jayden they are so filled with excitement about our vacation. Looks like they talked Robert and I into early dining. I'll have our reservations linked so we eat dinner together on both sailings. Okay, now I'm getting excited too! I hope to start packing tomorrow. The 13th can't get here soon enough! I hope we get to see Disney's new movie Frozen. It looks so funny.

On another note: We have never left from The Port of Miami before. I was told the port doesn't open until 11:00 am. Does that mean you can't drive in until 11:00 or is it like in Los Angeles where if you get there early, you just hang out in the terminal until you board?

Counting the days! (Hi Kath my mom can't wait to meet you.)

Cathy
__________________
So Cal Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #104
discaroline
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 18

Hello, we just booked this cruise last night,
is it too late to join FE
discaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #105
colkath2005
Mouseketeer
 
colkath2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Yorkshire, England
Posts: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew View Post
We aren't starting our vacation as soon as you but the days are getting closer. We are so excited to see your family again. Every time the girls get done talking to Jayden they are so filled with excitement about our vacation. Looks like they talked Robert and I into early dining. I'll have our reservations linked so we eat dinner together on both sailings. Okay, now I'm getting excited too! I hope to start packing tomorrow. The 13th can't get here soon enough! I hope we get to see Disney's new movie Frozen. It looks so funny. On another note: We have never left from The Port of Miami before. I was told the port doesn't open until 11:00 am. Does that mean you can't drive in until 11:00 or is it like in Los Angeles where if you get there early, you just hang out in the terminal until you board? Counting the days! (Hi Kath my mom can't wait to meet you.) Cathy

I think they won't let you in the disney part of the port until 11 am. From what I've been reading but I could be wrong. But people have queued up outside from earlier after parking their cars/getting taxis etc.

I'm getting more excited as we get busier sorting out final details. Dad is home from tomorrow (he works away driving tour buses for different bands) which makes it feel VERY VERY close.

Also excited we might get to see Frozen. I read a tip that if you can view it in the Walt disney theatre that's the better place to see it.

Mum says hi back.
5 days to go
Colette
colkath2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.