Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
digsbyloft
Earning My Ears

How accommodating do you think CP will be about my religious observances?

Hey guys, I'm planning to apply for DCP for fall 2013 soon, and I was a little worried about the placements that people get.
Mainly, I've been reading a lot about people being placed in food service and not wanting to be in it, my problem with that is that my religion (Jainism) prohibits touching meats and so I'm not really able to do food service jobs, is there any way I can be absolutely sure I do not get those jobs? If during my interview I say I absolutely do not want a food service job would they take that into consideration?
digsbyloft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

No clue as to the answer but I hope the answer would be that they would accomodate your religous beliefs!
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #3
Musings
Mouseketeer

When you apply, there are about 15 different types of jobs that are offered. You have to indicate no interest to high interest. You will only be considered for the jobs you indicate any interest in. Just put no interest in the ones involving food and mention this on the phone during the interview to be safe.
Musings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
khancock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not really able to do food service jobs
Not necessarily. Not everything in F&B touches meat.

But your best bet is to not apply for positions that would put you in that area if that is what your main concern is. no one gets offered F&B unless they agree to being considered for it. Those who claim that they didn't check it usually said "yes" when asked during the course of the interview. And on top of that... no one forced them to accept the offer. Anyone complaining about it has only themselves to blame.

Back on topic.... they also have a religious accommodation form for people who have accepted offers and are prepping to go down. That would be something for you to fill out if you make it to that point.

This isn't something that should be brought up in the interview, though. don't check the jobs and if asked, just say that you would rather not. that is perfectly OK and won't automatically lead to you being declined.
khancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

FYI - Concierge has the potential to work with meat, if you are placed at a Deluxe resort. I'm not sure what roles you're interested in, but that one typically surprises people so also avoid Concierge.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
Ravenscroft
Earning My Ears

If I were you I'd bring it up in the phone interview. They encourage you to ask questions so defiantly ask the interviewer if any of the roles you chose would involve touching meat. They'd probably be able to help you and maybe make a note of it.
Ravenscroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #7
tigerlilyprincess
Earning My Ears

They have a religious accommodations form that you can fill out once you're accepted.
tigerlilyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: