Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #61
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Sounds like you need a re-do trip with different people!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardmickeyears View Post
Uhh yes. Absolutely. I keep telling myself (and mom) that our next trip will make up for this one. And the one before that too. It should.
Your TR's are so much fun...I'm sure you could get lots of volunteers from your readers to accompany you!!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 01-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #62
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Your TR's are so much fun...I'm sure you could get lots of volunteers from your readers to accompany you!!
Thank you so much
Actually, that is a good idea
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #63
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

It's...THE LINE RIDE

Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's...THE LINE RIDE

After we finished the Backlot Tour, we went to go visit some monsters.

I don't remember how much longer we would have to wait for Sulley. It was a decent amount. So we only stuck around to met Mike Wazowski. I am not even going to post the picture of us, because I look..awkward..

Next, we headed over to Lights, Motors, Action.

There is a show I enjoy watching. Modern Marvels on the History Channel. Back in August 2010, during the initial trip planning, mom and I watched the (2 hour) Walt Disney World episode. To this day I can still not get enough of it. I had DVRed it a few more times, I watch it whenever it is on. It had a nice amount of information about how Walt Disney World came to be and an inside look. If you have not seen this episode, I highly recommend it. GO WATCH IT!!

Anyway...that being said...that episode is the reason I had some background knowledge on a lot of the attractions that were new for me on this trip. LMA was in the episode and I was excited for it. But...I think our time could have been better spent. It's not that I didn't think LMA was cool, I guess it was just a big chunk of time when I could have been...watching Voyage of the Little Mermaid, or Beauty and the Beast, or getting a seat for Fantasmic! (which I have never seen!!! How!!?!) Same thoughts go for the Backlot tour. I actually remember a different story line from when I was a kid. Mom too. As I was writing this I had to go double check that on Wiki because sometimes I think I make stuff up in my head trying to recall certain memories. It did use to be different. I also saw something on the rumors board on here that they might be closing the Backlot Tour and LMA to add stuff to DHS. I know it's a rumor.,.but that would be a pleasant thing. Just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it. Anyway.

I am not going to bore you with like 100 pictures and videos I took... Here are 2

After we all filed out, we finally decided to give Toy Story Midway Mania a try. As I mentioned earlier the FPs were gone before noon. The wait was only an hour. So we sucked it up and got on line. Mom decided not to join us. She wanted funnel cake. Oh mom.

Now it was time for THE LINE RIDE!
Ugh this hour felt so long. But really, that is the longest we waited for any ride the ENTIRE trip and it was the only long wait. 30 minutes for characters were the next longest. So no complaints from me. Not at all.

So. This was so much fun!! This was also shown on Modern Marvels and I was so excited for it!!

After we finished the line ride, we met up with mom. The other people ate the rest of her funnel cake when she offered A PIECE.
By then, it was almost 7, so mom, one of the other people and I went over to ToT for one last drop. I have never been on ToT at night. SO COOL! It was a different experience, I would love to ride it at night again. And on the last little drop, I was legit suspended in mid air for like 3-4 seconds. LOVE.

When we got off, it was 7, and DHS was closing. We left the park and met up with the other people who went to the bus stop already.

Eventually the bus came. We made it back to the room. Everyone ran right to their bedroom.

Continue

I love being referred to as Princess - Jan 2012

Last edited by leopardmickeyears; 01-27-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #64
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

MIKE! Why haven’t I met him yet?!

I LOVE that Modern Marvels episode! I have it on DVD too. ANd I DVR it. Don't ask.

I totally forgot McQueen was in LMA. At first I thought you photoshopped that picture

The TSM queue is awesome. The one at DCA is AWFUL and so bear.

Btw, I love the purple
Old 01-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #65
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
MIKE! Why haven’t I met him yet?!

I LOVE that Modern Marvels episode! I have it on DVD too. ANd I DVR it. Don't ask.

I totally forgot McQueen was in LMA. At first I thought you photoshopped that picture

The TSM queue is awesome. The one at DCA is AWFUL and so bear.

Btw, I love the purple
How PERFECT is that Modern Marvels?!?! I can't get enough. I swear every time it's on. I watch.

BAHA wouldn't be the first photoshopped picture in my TR

Yeah, I needed some color
Old 01-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #66
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

First Rope Drop!

Friday, January 13, 2012

First Rope Drop!

It was Friday. Friday the 13th. And we were going to the Magic Kingdom!!!
Unnecessary background information. I love the number 13, so I like Friday the 13ths. I don't believe the date had anything to do with the story that lay ahead of you...

My mom decided that morning that she was going to go to the Magic Kingdom with us too! She originally only planned to go to Hollywood Studios. I am so glad she came this day too

We got the first bus of the day. Again, no one sat next to me... One of the other people were sitting next to my mom on the bus and asked "Are you going to the park?".......
We got to MK before it opened. I was about to experience my first rope drop!!
I find it incredibly hard to believe that all my years of going to the Magic Kingdom, I have never seen an opening ceremony. I am in love. I am OBSESSED with the song. And even then, and every time I hear it, I have to correct the lyrics "the castle leads the entryway to 7 lands and more"

6 lands. RIP Mickey's ToonTown.
But I am VERY excited to see New Fantasyland

Open! Mad dash into the most Magical Kingdom! We had always always ALWAYS started with making a right to Tomorrowland. So that is where we headed first.

Hi!

First ride of the day. My favorite mountain.

Walk on. Obviously.
I got the front.

We grabbed fast passes on the way out, and then went and played in the rest of Tomorrowland

Continue

Last edited by leopardmickeyears; 01-28-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #67
LifeIsDis

I wish we saw the WHOLE Welcome Show back in August. That is a MUST for my next trip.

THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!! God, I miss it so much.

Ok, THAT STITCH IS SO CUTE. I love his shoes.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #68
LifeIsDis

"A kingdom full of endless dreams for every girl and boy."

"WELCOME TO A PLACE WHERE DREAMS COME TRUEEEE."

"THE MOST MAGICAL PLACE ON EARTH IS HEREEEE."

THANK YOU GETTING IT STUCK IN MY HEAD.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #69
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

Quote:
I wish we saw the WHOLE Welcome Show back in August. That is a MUST for my next trip.

THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!! God, I miss it so much.

Ok, THAT STITCH IS SO CUTE. I love his shoes.
YES! I am so obsessed with it! Tears. Tears. Tears.

Quote:
"A kingdom full of endless dreams for every girl and boy."

"WELCOME TO A PLACE WHERE DREAMS COME TRUEEEE."

"THE MOST MAGICAL PLACE ON EARTH IS HEREEEE."

THANK YOU GETTING IT STUCK IN MY HEAD.
YES YOU ARE VERY WELCOME
BEST SONG EVER
Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #70
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

Stitch times 2 plus 1

Friday, January 13, 2012

Stitch times 2 plus 1

As soon as we exited Space Mountain we went over to Stitch's Great Escape. I heard/read not so great things about this. But honestly I did not care because it is STITCH

Mom enjoyed it, as did I. We love our Stitch. I mean, I know I'm biased, but I thought it was fun. Especially compared to Alien Encounter. I was only on that once when I was around 10, and I HATED IT!!! I hate when there is something under the seat that comes out and hits your legs. Always have.

Next we headed over to the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor.

HYSTERICAL! I loved this! And we were the row and seated right behind THAT GUY! One of us was very close to being that guy

It was already time to use our Space Mountain FP! I got the front again

Some characters were out once we got off. I saw Chip and Dale in their adorable space costumes. We didn't go to their line though

I did want to meet someone else...again...

Nobody else did because we met him already. Hookay. More pictures for me.

Oh lord, the ink wasn't coming out of the pen and Stitch was having problems and I definitely saw him shake his head. SORRY STITCH

He needed to floss

Next, we went over to TTA

At this point, I think we decided to head out of Tomorrowland

We made our way to Fantasyland

Continue

Last edited by leopardmickeyears; 01-28-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #71
monarchs21
Mouseketeer

Awesome Trip Report! I find myself reading a lot of them lately because it's been way to long since I've been Love the pictures of Stitch struggling with the pen!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #72
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

It's a hockey puck.

Friday, January 13, 2012

It's a hockey puck.

I believe we went and grabbed FPs for Winnie the Pooh, and out came with it a surprise FP for Mickey's PhilharMagic

Then, we had to go on the happiest cruise that ever sailed.

Welp. My cruise wasn't so happy. I had a lock on my phone. I had the puzzle one or something. You connet the dots in an order and it will become unlicked. So, I don't even think I was texting anyone..I think I was going to make a note on the notepad. So after I unlocked it, one of the other people says to me "Did you change your passcode again?"

1. Why are you so concerned with looking at someone's passcode
2. WHY WOULD YOU ASK ME AND THUS LET ME KNOW YOU KNOW MY PASSCODE?!?

Moving on...

Mom and I got the front row. The rest of those people took the one right behind us. It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all...

Next, we went to Mickey's PhilharMagic. I have never seen this before, I was excited.

It is pretty much, Disney perfection.

By now, it was lunch time. We decided to go to Pinocchio Village Haus.

I believe that it should be required that all receipts say Have a Magical Day on them.

I got pizza, mom got chicken parm with pasta. She could not believe how good it was. She only remembers when all of Disney counter service food was all wrapped in aluminium foil and sitting there and yeah. This was fresh. And delicious. Again, sorry for no pictures. I was hungry.

Story time. One of the other people...also got pizza. Only this person decided to get a kids meal pizza (because it was cheaper!)

I don't know if any of you have kids who have eaten said pizza. When she sat down with it. I almost died.
It was the size of a hockey puck.
It's not like a regular sized pizza is that big to begin with. And it came with a like dipping sauce size cup of french fries and a package of grapes that must of had like 9 grapes in it and she shared them with the 5 of us.

I digress...

I also believe that all bathrooms should be labels as such.

Next, we headed over to ride Snow White. Never would have thought this was my last time riding it.

Then we went and used our FP for Winnie the Pooh

2 of the other people got the Hot Fudge Cookie Sundae from Storybook treats. OMG it looked amazing!

After, we went and grabbed FPs for Peter Pan and then started to head towards Main Street USA.

First we went to go see if (MY NEW FAVORITE PRINCESS) Rapunzel was out

The line was closed We were told to try again later.

Continue

Last edited by leopardmickeyears; 01-29-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #73
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarchs21 View Post
Awesome Trip Report! I find myself reading a lot of them lately because it's been way to long since I've been Love the pictures of Stitch struggling with the pen!
Why thank you

That is how I started reading them too. I needed to live vicariously through others. Glad I decided to write mine too :P
Old 01-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #74
LifeIsDis

Wow. I think you are like one of the ONLY people I have heard say “I liked Stitch’s Great Escape.” I went on it once several years ago, but I don’t remember much about it. I will have to ride it again in August…

Ok, why haven’t I seen Mike’s dressing room? And usually I always look for stuff in the queue. SHAME ON YOU, MEG!

ONCE AGAIN your pictures are adorable with Stitch. If you just did a TR full of pictures with you and Stitch, I would be happy.

Thank you for calling the Peoplemover the TTA.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #75
LifeIsDis

Well hello other update!

Dying at the Mary Blair overload. GAHH lover her art so much.

Ohhhhh…the story about the pizza. I still can’t get over she shared those 9 grapes!

TRYING TO HOLD BACK THE TEARS OVER SNOW WHITE.

Ok, GOOD. Pooh is cheering me up!

Why didn’t I know there was such thing as the hot fudge cookie sundae from Storybook treats?!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: