Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
scrapbunny
Mouseketeer

What can non EE people due at EE?

I wanted to check if people staying offsite can get in at Early Entry to shop at Main Street in DL and Buena Vista Street in DCA? Is rope drop actually inside the parks like for Magic Mornings or do you have to wait for regular opening time outside the gates? Since everyday of our trip will be EE I'm trying to figure out what time to get in line if we don't have EE. Thanks
scrapbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
dmband
DIS Veteran

You can't get in till the normal entry time
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
Baliezer
DIS Veteran

Arrive at the gates about 45 minutes early. They usually allow you into the parks about 30 minutes before opening. Rope drop is inside the park at park opening.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
dmband
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baliezer View Post
Arrive at the gates about 45 minutes early. They usually allow you into the parks about 30 minutes before opening. Rope drop is inside the park at park opening.
If you don't have early entry??
I have not seen them let people in early who didn't belong
Old 12-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #5
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Start your day at the non EE park. We had 3 days in the parks in late October ~ our 1st afternoon/evening was the Halloween party *a Tues* we had a 2 day park hopper for Wed & Thur *no EE for us* - on Wed we started in DL and had our own "Magic Morning" ~ walked on PP, Dumbo and so on. On Thur *MM day for DL* we started our day in DCA, picked up FPs for RSR and rode lots of rides.
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
scrapbunny
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the post Usually I would just plan on going to the non-EE park but during the first week of January both parks are EE basically everyday so that is why I asked. With the new AP early entry I'm thinking it might be smarter to take a few weekend trips instead of a longer trip.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

With all the new EE mornings, I'm not sure if things will change, but in November, there were turnstiles for the EE folks and turnstiles for non-EE folks. So, if you didn't have EE access, they wouldn't let you into the park until regular opening times.

Over at the non-EE park, they opened the turnstiles about 30 minutes early for access to shopping and food venues on Main Street and Buena Vista Street.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #8
kerickson
VGC Dreamin'

We are in the same predicament. Not staying on property and there is EMH at both parks all days we are there. We get one MM with our 5day tickets, but can only use at Disneyland. Unfortunately that puts us at a huge disadvantage for RSR. But, what a great perk for staying onsite. We'll be onsite in June so at least anything we can't ride this trip we can ride then.

kerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerickson View Post
We are in the same predicament. Not staying on property and there is EMH at both parks all days we are there. We get one MM with our 5day tickets, but can only use at Disneyland. Unfortunately that puts us at a huge disadvantage for RSR. But, what a great perk for staying onsite. We'll be onsite in June so at least anything we can't ride this trip we can ride then.
You might still be okay for RSR, as long as you're willing to stay the whole day and get a FP for RSR. They don't open the FP machines until regular hours start. So, you'll likely see a long line, but you should be able get your FP. They tend to last about 60-90 minutes after park opening.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #10
Baliezer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
If you don't have early entry??
I have not seen them let people in early who didn't belong
They won't let you into the park, but you can hang out on main street until rope drop at park opening.

Does that make since? At DCA you can get as far as Carthay circle and then you have wait for rope drop at opening to get further.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #11
perlster
DIS Veteran

The question is related to "Is there a rope drop on MM days?" and the answer is the same - it depends. Stuff happens, and even Disney doesn't know for sure until the time comes. I can report, that a few weeks ago on an MM day at Disneyland Park, those without MM were let through the gates about 25 minutes before park opening and could go up Main Street as far as the hub.
perlster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #12
packedforadventure
Earning My Ears

We stayed off site this weekend and arrived early on Sunday to do Cars Land,to find out that it was EE. The let us in thirty minutes before the official park opening and held us back at the rope drop, with a queue set up for RSR. I have no idea where all of the early entry people were or how they could tell us apart. I would never have known that it was EE, if we had not been told by several people at the gate. Buena Vista street was open and we grabbed breakfast to eat while waiting in the FP queue.

Just wrote a huge post about it on my blog- *****************************
packedforadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:51 AM   #13
scrapbunny
Mouseketeer

It sounds like it is always different but it usually pays to be in line as early as possible so that is what we will try to do We are going to try the AP EE on the 5th and 6th so we shall see how it goes. No matter the craziness or crowds we get to start the new year in DL so it will be wonderful

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: