Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Get your free coffee refills at Market House - while they last!

You know how everyone loves to recommend and receive free coffee refills at Market House on Mainstreet? Well, Starbucks is coming in late in 2013 and free refills could go away!

There is a Facebook page titled: Save Free Refills at Market House Disneyland with the latest.

Last edited by OnTheRoadAgain; 12-11-2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Softened tone :)
OnTheRoadAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Has this been announced officially by Disney and Starbucks? Or is it just a rumor? On another board this was discussed as speculation only. There is no harm in letting both companies know that the free refills are important to many people, in fact that is probably a good thing. But I'm not comfortable hearing rumors announced as fact.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

I can't easily post links right at this moment, but the Facebook link above has a link from the newspaper and there is a report that the CM at the Market said something about it.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 12-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckyrabbit View Post
Has this been announced officially by Disney and Starbucks? Or is it just a rumor? On another board this was discussed as speculation only. There is no harm in letting both companies know that the free refills are important to many people, in fact that is probably a good thing. But I'm not comfortable hearing rumors announced as fact.
There was an article in the OC Register with a quote from a Disney spokesperson. Sounds official to me.

http://www.ocregister.com/entertainm...nd-market.html
ImTooExcitedToSleep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #5
dawnbright
Earning My Ears

Ive always gotten free coffee refills at Starbucks
and if your not a gold member its only 50 cents

and you can get whatever you want in it and itll be refilled
dawnbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #6
dawnbright
Earning My Ears

on starbucks website

:Five Stars puts you at Green. Besides your free birthday drink or food reward, you also earn:

Free Refills in the Store

We want you to feel at home when you’re at Starbucks. Paying with your registered Starbucks Card gets you brewed and iced coffee and tea refills at no charge during your visit at a participating store.

:
dawnbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:32 AM   #7
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep View Post
There was an article in the OC Register with a quote from a Disney spokesperson. Sounds official to me.

http://www.ocregister.com/entertainm...nd-market.html
The actual quote from the OC Register article says, "Disney hasn't said yet whether Starbucks will honor the tradition." That doesn't sound like an official, done deal to me. If enough people communicate that the free refills are important to them, it might sway Disney's final decision.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #8
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbright View Post
on starbucks website

:Five Stars puts you at Green. Besides your free birthday drink or food reward, you also earn:

Free Refills in the Store

We want you to feel at home when you’re at Starbucks. Paying with your registered Starbucks Card gets you brewed and iced coffee and tea refills at no charge during your visit at a participating store.

:
I'm not positive, but I thought I read that the Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe which is the DCA Starbucks location is the exception to this policy. I believe you can earn stars there when using your card, but you don't get free refills or any other extras. I would be surprised if the free refills continue at Market House once Starbucks takes over.
longtimedisneylurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
ludari
DIS Veteran

I don't mind if Starbucks is going to be at DLR but I really enjoy my free coffee refills at Market House.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #10
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
I believe you can earn stars there when using your card, but you don't get free refills or any other extras.
This is true in a lot of hotel locations as well. I'm sitting in a Starbucks in a San Diego Sheraton right now, and there are prominent signs on the registers mentioning that card perks are not honored at this location.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #11
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
This is true in a lot of hotel locations as well. I'm sitting in a Starbucks in a San Diego Sheraton right now, and there are prominent signs on the registers mentioning that card perks are not honored at this location.
Many locations are actually licensed and not company owned or operated. The SB locations at Target stores are operated by Target with Target point-of-sale card readers. They take Target gift cards and have prominent notices that they don't accept regular SB gift cards.

That being said, I do believe the SB at the Hilton Anaheim is a company operated location.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #12
sunflare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcla View Post
Many locations are actually licensed and not company owned or operated. The SB locations at Target stores are operated by Target with Target point-of-sale card readers. They take Target gift cards and have prominent notices that they don't accept regular SB gift cards.
That really must be up to individual store... I've never had a problem with regular Starbucks gift cards at the Targets I go to in AZ. The fact that they take the Target cards too is just a bonus :-)
sunflare is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: