Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
droors
Earning My Ears

A CHRISTMAS FANTASY Gingerbread Man Wedding Proposal

Hi there! I will be visiting Disneyland on 19th Dec, and want to plan a surprise proposal for my girlfriend. Am thinking of planning something that will really catch her by surprise. Checked the events schedule and they will be having A Christmas Fantasy Parade on that day @ 1.30pm & 3.30pm. Was thinking of getting everyone involved in the parade to hold on to a stalk of red rose and pass them to my girlfriend when they pass by her standing by the side of the parade venue. And then I will end it off by coming up to her dressed in one of the cute gingerbread man costume and give her one last rose, before I kneel down to propose to her.

What do you guys think? And does anyone know if there is any possibility that Disney will allow someone who is non-crew to dress up in one of their costumes for a wedding proposal?
droors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great idea....but I think Disney has a issues with people in costumes....sorry.

Never hurts to ask though!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
droors
Earning My Ears

Anyone knows who in Disneyland I should contact to check if my proposal idea is sound enough to be executed?
droors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
beachta1
Mouseketeer

I think your best idea is to pick up the phone and start calling and asking around. I'm not entirely sure who you'd need to contact, but I'm guessing guest services could help or point you in the right direction.

I agree with wiigirl that they wouldn't be down with letting you get in a costume.
beachta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

OP, I hate to say it but I think you need a Plan B.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
Codie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by droors View Post
Anyone knows who in Disneyland I should contact to check if my proposal idea is sound enough to be executed?
they have a proposal department...so you never know! or call 407-wdw-info and start asking...

8 times before 1995, but too young to remember exact dates and hotels--always on property; May 1995--International Drive; May 1996--Wilderness Lodge; May 1998--Offsite RCI; September 1998--Port Orleans; January 1999--Disney's Boardwalk Villas--first DVC trip for one night!; May 1999--Port Orleans and Disney Cruise!; October 1999--Boardwalk Villas; March 2000--Old Key West; February 2001--Old Key West; March 2002--Old Key West; August 2002--Beach Club Villas--post-bar relief; March 2003--Wilderness Villas; August 2003--Beach Club Villas; May 2004--Beach Club Villas; March 2005--Boardwalk Villas (FTW Site Planning Session); May 2005--Wilderness Villas (FTW Wedding Planning Session); September 2005--Boardwalk/BeachClub Villas (FTW Wedding and Honeymoon WP/ADH); January 2006 (two trips)--AKL and BWV; February 2006--Saratoga Springs; August/September 2006 (Honeymoon #2)--Riverside and BCV, and on and on

Wedding and Honeymoon Trip Log can be found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=910748
Codie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #7
auralia
DIS Veteran

Sorry it will never happen. They don't allow guests over 12 in costumes. You might be able to get a character at a restaurant to participate or at a meet and greet but you can't be costumed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: