Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #31
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke

I see what you mean. I wonder what is going on! Those are crazy prices. Next May isnt too bad. I booked 5th - 15th May got a flydrive VH for 1600.00 with full car insurance. I am a dvc member so got accommodation. I got the same price for 19th September - 3rd october .
We are DVC members too, have our accommodation and a 4night cruise booked. We also purchased the cheap dvc premium annual passes so we WILL be going

Fly drives for us (13th sept - 3rd oct)coming out at £3600 - flights are £2400 at the moment so cheaper to book separately.

Checking about 6 websites daily for decent prices - I'm sure my husband thinks I'm mad LOL!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #32
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster

We are DVC members too, have our accommodation and a 4night cruise booked. We also purchased the cheap dvc premium annual passes so we WILL be going

Fly drives for us (13th sept - 3rd oct)coming out at £3600 - flights are £2400 at the moment so cheaper to book separately.

Checking about 6 websites daily for decent prices - I'm sure my husband thinks I'm mad LOL!
Hi fellow dvc member! Pleased to meet you. Me and DW grabbed those premium passes as well. We are getting 3 trips out of it lol. We are doing a 4 night cruise as well. On the dream 22nd september. Lush! 3rd time for us we love it, we figure we are over there anyway paid the flight why not! We decided against the member cruise. I assume there are more than 2 of you with those prices? We are SSR home resort staying in Sep/Oct 2013 but in May 2013 we are trying AKV. Where is your home resort?
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #33
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

As im dvc home resort wilderness lodge ours is booked for 9-23 april . As most of you know when I lost dave was lucky to even get vouchers back. Paid miles plus money received £1320 back minus admin etc and now wnt let me book m😳+m with the vouchers only full fare. Priced up AA for our dates and £1453 with one stop over of 90 mins. I have no option and cannot save to use them another time.
crabbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #34
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi fellow dvc member! Pleased to meet you. Me and DW grabbed those premium passes as well. We are getting 3 trips out of it lol. We are doing a 4 night cruise as well. On the dream 22nd september. Lush! 3rd time for us we love it, we figure we are over there anyway paid the flight why not! We decided against the member cruise. I assume there are more than 2 of you with those prices? We are SSR home resort staying in Sep/Oct 2013 but in May 2013 we are trying AKV. Where is your home resort?
Member cruises are so expensive! This will be our 6th cruise now. Our home resort is SSR too

We are a family of 4- Me and DH, DD(2) and DS(currently just over 9weeks old). I could probably get away without a seat for Charlie as he will be 11months but we would love the extra space.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #35
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1
As im dvc home resort wilderness lodge ours is booked for 9-23 april . As most of you know when I lost dave was lucky to even get vouchers back. Paid miles plus money received £1320 back minus admin etc and now wnt let me book mdde33+m with the vouchers only full fare. Priced up AA for our dates and £1453 with one stop over of 90 mins. I have no option and cannot save to use them another time.
It was lucky to get the vouchers but pretty rubbish that you can't use m+m fares.

Hope the prices drop for you soon!
Old 12-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #36
RDP
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Paula...another cruise! Tres jealous! Can't wait to cruise again, kids loved the sea more than the land portion of our last holiday. It's kidani village next August for the next trip! Cruise in 2014, best wishes .
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani , 2014 PFB, DCL, CR
RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #37
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDP

Paula...another cruise! Tres jealous! Can't wait to cruise again, kids loved the sea more than the land portion of our last holiday. It's kidani village next August for the next trip! Cruise in 2014, best wishes .
Hello! Lovely to speak to you again! We are trying Kidani village first time next May! Cant wait. Let me know if you have any tips! Lush re cruise in 2014. What date?
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 12-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #38
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:

Member cruises are so expensive! This will be our 6th cruise now. Our home resort is SSR too

We are a family of 4- Me and DH, DD(2) and DS(currently just over 9weeks old). I could probably get away without a seat for Charlie as he will be 11months but we would love the extra space.
Thats what we decided re member cruise. Can do two for that! Great re SSR! 11 months bless!

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 12-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #39
Magic Megadegs
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Wow I have often wondered how people from the Channel Islands organise their long haul flights. It must be hard with the extra time/expense to factor. I can imagine you would want to go for the longest time to maximise the cost of the flight which remains the same! Do you do the flights from the Channel Islands - Gatwick - Orlando all in one day or do you break it up with a hotel at Gatwick overnight? Do you also have cost of parking at your local airport?

I think you are right re random pricing. Its a pin and a piece of paper or a lets see how much these suckers will pay lol...( quite alot we love our disney )
Hi there, we don't have parking as the Islands are so small that neighbours / family drop us off. We have to add on a minimum of £500 for a family of four to factor in the domestic leg bit of our journey and as the Airport in Jersey was built in the foggiest part of the Island (ahem) we tend to overnight at Gatwick just to be sure, although as you say this adds to the cost, lol. Any delays on any of the legs can then jeopardise connections etc

When people fly direct and say its a 15 hour journey total, we would have to add on another 3-4 which makes it so much less attractive, especially if you're travelling with more than 1 little person, lol. Good luck booking flights.

Dec / Jan 1990/1991 Villa Xmas, August 1993 I Drive, November 2001 I Drive, August 2003 I Drive Honeymoon , Dec / Jan 2010/2011 Reunion Resort Xmas, August 2013 Caribe Royale & Old Key West Resort , February 2014 Holiday Inn Resort LBV
Magic Megadegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #40
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Megadegs

Hi there, we don't have parking as the Islands are so small that neighbours / family drop us off. We have to add on a minimum of £500 for a family of four to factor in the domestic leg bit of our journey and as the Airport in Jersey was built in the foggiest part of the Island (ahem) we tend to overnight at Gatwick just to be sure, although as you say this adds to the cost, lol. Any delays on any of the legs can then jeopardise connections etc

When people fly direct and say its a 15 hour journey total, we would have to add on another 3-4 which makes it so much less attractive, especially if you're travelling with more than 1 little person, lol. Good luck booking flights.
Gosh that does add to the cost! I never considered the fog flight delay issue! Still worth it all once you touch ground at Orlando! Have you ever flown via Dublin? A few people report it is cheaper but I really try to fly direct where I can. We are lucky to live near Gatwick ( live in Essex ) so its only 30 mins away. But we have to go via the dartford crossing and you can never predict the traffic in the morning so we always treat ourselves to a car park/hotel deal. Why would we risk thousands of pounds for an extra few quid on a hotel! I dont get people that rush at the last moment. For us a holiday is stress free and it starts the night before!

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 12-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #41
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Gosh that does add to the cost! I never considered the fog flight delay issue! Still worth it all once you touch ground at Orlando! Have you ever flown via Dublin? A few people report it is cheaper but I really try to fly direct where I can. We are lucky to live near Gatwick ( live in Essex ) so its only 30 mins away. But we have to go via the dartford crossing and you can never predict the traffic in the morning so we always treat ourselves to a car park/hotel deal. Why would we risk thousands of pounds for an extra few quid on a hotel! I dont get people that rush at the last moment. For us a holiday is stress free and it starts the night before!
Same! We come from Hertfordshire so have about an hours journey round the M25. One year we travelled down on the morning of the flight and got stuck in such horrible traffic we only just made our flight. Won't take that risk again!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #42
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:

Same! We come from Hertfordshire so have about an hours journey round the M25. One year we travelled down on the morning of the flight and got stuck in such horrible traffic we only just made our flight. Won't take that risk again!
Omg exactly the same thing happened to us! I swear it was like on the films where they were shutting the cabin door! I am disabled so my partner had to run on ahead and stop them lol. After that it was hotel everytime. Where abouts in Herts? My DW works in Cockfosters. Poor thing has to go on that damned m25 everyday. No way I am putting her through that on her holiday! She has enough stress and has to work for the both of us as I am too ill sadly.

Our routine is...

Put dogs in kennels afternoon before
Drive to gatwick stopping on way at macdys
Drop car off with meet and greet outside gatwick terminal
Go through terminal and do twilight check in getting rid of bags
Check in at hilton which is connected to terminal
relax!

Do you have a holiday routine?

Paula

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 12-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #43
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Omg exactly the same thing happened to us! I swear it was like on the films where they were shutting the cabin door! I am disabled so my partner had to run on ahead and stop them lol. After that it was hotel everytime. Where abouts in Herts? My DW works in Cockfosters. Poor thing has to go on that damned m25 everyday. No way I am putting her through that on her holiday! She has enough stress and has to work for the both of us as I am too ill sadly.

Our routine is...

Put dogs in kennels afternoon before
Drive to gatwick stopping on way at macdys
Drop car off with meet and greet outside gatwick terminal
Go through terminal and do twilight check in getting rid of bags
Check in at hilton which is connected to terminal
relax!

Do you have a holiday routine?

Paula
We live in Hemel Hempstead

Our routine is pretty much identical to yours apart from the fact we have a rabbit instead of dogs lol.

I always find that staying over night I start the day relaxed and stress free. Once I leave the house that's my holiday started
Old 12-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #44
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:

We live in Hemel Hempstead

Our routine is pretty much identical to yours apart from the fact we have a rabbit instead of dogs lol.

I always find that staying over night I start the day relaxed and stress free. Once I leave the house that's my holiday started
True dat! Lol re rabbit. We use to have rabbits so cute. Hemel Hempstead Not too far from us at all. Jo (DW) grew up in Hatfield. Her mum lives in Welwyn. The worst thing about Gatwick is not the distance but the dreaded dartford crossing! Could take 5 mins or 5 hours... Not worth risking it. I guess you have the choice to go either way around!

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 12-20-2012, 01:01 AM   #45
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaya View Post
The current USA offers from VA ends on the 19th December so hopefully the next offer will include lower fares to MCO.

We are waiting for a reasonably priced April flight so will hang out for a little while.

The current price with VA for our dates is £666 and £598 with miles plus money.

Leaving from a local airport with Aer Lingus via Dublin works out at £604 and includes free seat selection and 23kgs of luggage, also less overall travel time from home to MCO, so at the moment this would be a better choice as no 3-hour car journey to Gatwick plus petrol and parking cost and I believe will clear US immigration & customs in Dublin so quicker when arriving at MCO.

But £600 is over our planned budget for flights so fingers crossed for those lower fares, direct or indirect.

Best VA 2013 flights I can find at the moment is for a some mid-week dates in Jan, Feb, March and Nov at around £415 with miles plus money and some in April, May, June, July and September at £515 with miles plus money
Well, the price has changed on the VA web site for the April flights and reduced to £585 and £555 with miles plus money. Going in the right direction but still high when compared to our last flight.

Best indirect at the moment is with Delta at £538.

While leaving from a local airport with Aer Lingus via Dublin now works out at £570.

Last edited by Samaya; 12-20-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Samaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: