Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #16
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy021083 View Post
Thanks for your reply
My little girl is sooo girly and princess mad so she would love it! But we go June 2-6 which is sun-thurs so if its weekend only we won't be able to do it anyway, I'll have to ask nearer the time and see what they say.
Would be great to see the old prices info if you have it, would give me an idea what to budget for with wanting to do other things too.
It's a shame they don't do a cd of the pics - they're definately missing out there as sure they'd be really popular!
Would have to hope the disney photographer was there for us as I'm rubbish at taking pics really.
Glad the make up isn't too much, hubby will be happy lol x
I have posted the prices now above .

Apparently they don't always have the photographer there - that is why they couldn't sell me the dress package! I tried to explain I was happy to have it without photo if that was the way it had to be but the woman wouldn't have it .

I am sure it will be on then - that is when we went this year and it was on then .

Agree on the CD - they could charge a fair bit and I am sure people would still buy.

Actually, it's funny but we found the bit of makeup they had on wore off as the day went on, but the facepaint stayed put (if a little blurry/smudged by the end of the night!). So, it shows she didn't put much on. I guess she tailors it to the age of the child, but anything you aren't happy with, just ask her. I am sure that she would have been very accommodating.

Oh, also meant to say, the packages only mention specific princesses but if you want a different one, there is no reason why you can't do this e.g. Mulan. You could take the dress like we did (on your child) and she will tailor the face paint to the dress .
Old 12-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #17
tracy021083
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
Hope this works:

Thanks to Pokerbanter & Dream is a Wish for the prices! Like I said, they are slightly out, add 5 euros or so...
Ouch how expensive! Would probably want the 130 euro package but even that's without photos!
tracy021083 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #18
tracy021083
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have posted the prices now above .

Apparently they don't always have the photographer there - that is why they couldn't sell me the dress package! I tried to explain I was happy to have it without photo if that was the way it had to be but the woman wouldn't have it .

I am sure it will be on then - that is when we went this year and it was on then .

Agree on the CD - they could charge a fair bit and I am sure people would still buy.

Actually, it's funny but we found the bit of makeup they had on wore off as the day went on, but the facepaint stayed put (if a little blurry/smudged by the end of the night!). So, it shows she didn't put much on. I guess she tailors it to the age of the child, but anything you aren't happy with, just ask her. I am sure that she would have been very accommodating.

Oh, also meant to say, the packages only mention specific princesses but if you want a different one, there is no reason why you can't do this e.g. Mulan. You could take the dress like we did (on your child) and she will tailor the face paint to the dress .

Hope it's not so confusing when we go - cant believe they couldn't tell you the day before if the photographer was going to be there or not - you'd have thought they would have it planned out! Would ideally like a dress package so that I didn't have to do a mad rush to find one and the accessories etc. - determined not to be my usual stressed self on this holiday lol x
Old 12-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #19
tracy021083
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ouch how expensive! Would probably want the 130 euro package but even that's without photos!
Actually just noticed that the package includes one photo
Old 12-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #20
DLPDreams

Quote:
Hope it's not so confusing when we go - cant believe they couldn't tell you the day before if the photographer was going to be there or not - you'd have thought they would have it planned out! Would ideally like a dress package so that I didn't have to do a mad rush to find one and the accessories etc. - determined not to be my usual stressed self on this holiday lol x
I know, I wasn't too happy but we knew it was that day or never for us to do it. I am pleased the photographer was there though, as, as I thought, she got much better photos than we ever could.

It's not cheap, and honestly, I wasn't keen before (it was my Mum encouraging me), but now, I'd sell it to anyone .

Don't forget, you can always buy a dress/accessories in the UK and take it across as a surprise for her. She isn't going to know it wasn't bought out there. That way, you get the dress you want and aren't worrying about not getting what you need out there. I was cross that the lady in WoD told me they didn't do a headpiece for Tiana - I even said 'What, no one sells one here in the park' and she said 'yes, they don't sell one at all' . So, I was so pleased that I walked past the boutique on that morning and saw one!

Enjoy your planning .
Old 12-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #21
tracy021083
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I know, I wasn't too happy but we knew it was that day or never for us to do it. I am pleased the photographer was there though, as, as I thought, she got much better photos than we ever could.

It's not cheap, and honestly, I wasn't keen before (it was my Mum encouraging me), but now, I'd sell it to anyone .

Don't forget, you can always buy a dress/accessories in the UK and take it across as a surprise for her. She isn't going to know it wasn't bought out there. That way, you get the dress you want and aren't worrying about not getting what you need out there. I was cross that the lady in WoD told me they didn't do a headpiece for Tiana - I even said 'What, no one sells one here in the park' and she said 'yes, they don't sell one at all' . So, I was so pleased that I walked past the boutique on that morning and saw one!

Enjoy your planning .

Aww thank you! It's sooo exciting looking at all the things to do over there - even if we will need a second mortgage to do everything! It's our first trip so guess we could save some things for next time, but would love the princess makeover for my daughter, could sell it to hubby as her birthday pressie hehe.

That's a good idea re taking the dress and things over with us, I might do that especially if it saves a few pennies. She's getting some dress ups for Christmas but not the sleeping beauty one so may buy that for the makeover - we are keeping the trip a surprise until the morning we go so will have to be super organised buying the things we need before we go
Old 12-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #22
DLPDreams

Quote:
Aww thank you! It's sooo exciting looking at all the things to do over there - even if we will need a second mortgage to do everything! It's our first trip so guess we could save some things for next time, but would love the princess makeover for my daughter, could sell it to hubby as her birthday pressie hehe.

That's a good idea re taking the dress and things over with us, I might do that especially if it saves a few pennies. She's getting some dress ups for Christmas but not the sleeping beauty one so may buy that for the makeover - we are keeping the trip a surprise until the morning we go so will have to be super organised buying the things we need before we go
Aw how lovely - on our previous trips we have always kept it a surprise until the morning of departure! But this trip we told the girls a few days before - it was quite nice getting excited with them beforehand and talking about it all. Both ways are nice though.

Another option is to buy on disneystore.com and get it shipped over to the UK. If you buy in a sale it will probably be cheaper than the UK, and you will probably get a nicer dress too .
Old 12-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #23
tracy021083
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Aw how lovely - on our previous trips we have always kept it a surprise until the morning of departure! But this trip we told the girls a few days before - it was quite nice getting excited with them beforehand and talking about it all. Both ways are nice though.

Another option is to buy on disneystore.com and get it shipped over to the UK. If you buy in a sale it will probably be cheaper than the UK, and you will probably get a nicer dress too .
Ooh hadn't though of that, thanks for the tip! Will have a look at the site now. Would have to hope the dress fit with not being able to return, but I'm assuming it will be the same sizing as disney store uk.
Will keep an eye out for a sale too
Old 12-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #24
DLPDreams

Quote:
Ooh hadn't though of that, thanks for the tip! Will have a look at the site now. Would have to hope the dress fit with not being able to return, but I'm assuming it will be the same sizing as disney store uk.
Will keep an eye out for a sale too
If you do see one, ask on here as someone might be able to help you with sizing as quite a few ladies have US princess dresses for their little girls. Have to say though, I was really impressed with the DLRP dresses as in the past I've found them a little flimsy and not great quality. They are much nicer than the usual UK DS ones. And also, don't forget Marks & Spencer - they get some gorgeous Disney dresses in at great prices. You have a while yet, so have time to shop about .
Old 12-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #25
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

They look absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

I love the Tiana tiara thing you found it is sooooo pretty :-)

I think we had the same lady as you - spoke very little English but she was absolutely lovely! I got to use what little French I could manage too!! She even taught Isabelle the French words for the different colours she was using!

You were lucky you got the photographer - all I have are my dodgy photos!!

Thank you for sharing x
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #26
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

Wow, the girls look gorgeous! So glad you all had a wonderful trip!
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel* Disneyland Paris February 2015 *The Disneyland Hotel*

RoseBug is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: