Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #106
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Love reading about, and seeing the pictures from, the rest of your WAT!

The elephants were adorable! I love the babies, I got a lot of pictures of them this trip.

I really liked most of what you didn't like of the snack at the Boma. I loved the fruit salad like you, as well as the yogurt/granola mix and date bar. I wish I had asked for no seafood as I'm not a fan of salmon. I wish it was cucumber salad under it, as I would have eaten that. It is actually pickled jicama. I like jicama, but not pickled.

You should have walked down to the other end of the Boma to check out the animals! The lions are viewable from there, and since they were out you would have been able to see them from there. Unless they just came out between you leaving the Boma and getting over there We were lucky as we had several White Rhinos and Ostriches right there at the other end that we got great pics of, and the Lioness was out too.

So glad you both enjoyed it! I definitely plan on doing it again one day, it was so much fun.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #107
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Wow...you are making this decision of mine very hard (dolphins v. Trek). Great shots by both you and the guides...especially the elephants. If I show Mark those pictures of the elephants, I know what decision he would go with.

I'm not sure I'd each much of anything out of your snack. I don't do yogurt or date or apricots. I am a very, very picky eater. But I'd drink lots of the juice and then I'd have to be using the facilities.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day at AK.

Oh, and how much was the Trek? Do you remember?
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #108
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Wow...you are making this decision of mine very hard (dolphins v. Trek). Great shots by both you and the guides...especially the elephants. If I show Mark those pictures of the elephants, I know what decision he would go with.

I'm not sure I'd each much of anything out of your snack. I don't do yogurt or date or apricots. I am a very, very picky eater. But I'd drink lots of the juice and then I'd have to be using the facilities.

I can answer the price question, it's $189 per person, though they were giving a discount of $50 off per person if you booked a tour later in the day (which also means different food since they have breakfast like Ariana's, or lunch, which you can look up). Don't know if they are still doing the discount or not.

Oh, and I don't think Ariana mentioned it but there are bathrooms at the Boma too, so drinking lots of the juice isn't a problem!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #109
katt789
DIS Veteran

Eeee!! Elephants, the babies are SOOO CUUTTEEE. I love them, adorbs, especially playing with the rock! Ah! Good picture of you and Mom from the guide! Yay!

The meals look super interesting, not at all what I expected, but definitely fits into the “African” feel of everything. I have to say it does look tasty, but I’d want to sub out the pork stuff for some of the turkey & salmon, baha! I LOVE THE JUNGLE JUICE!! If it’s the same as Tusker House, I can only ever handle one glass of it though, haha. Those spoons are awesome!

Ah! Pictures of the cheetahs! EVERYTIME I try, but they’re either too far away, or we’re moving too fast so I don’t get a picture at all.

The Trek seems like an awesome way to spend a morning over in AK. How long was it all in total? I feel like even after the tour you still have so much time to do stuff at AK. That’s my big problem with so many of the MK/4 Parks tours, they go so long that there isn’t enough time to do stuff after! The next trip I plan WILL include a tour though, made that goal now!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #110
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Love reading about, and seeing the pictures from, the rest of your WAT!

The elephants were adorable! I love the babies, I got a lot of pictures of them this trip.

I really liked most of what you didn't like of the snack at the Boma. I loved the fruit salad like you, as well as the yogurt/granola mix and date bar. I wish I had asked for no seafood as I'm not a fan of salmon. I wish it was cucumber salad under it, as I would have eaten that. It is actually pickled jicama. I like jicama, but not pickled.

You should have walked down to the other end of the Boma to check out the animals! The lions are viewable from there, and since they were out you would have been able to see them from there. Unless they just came out between you leaving the Boma and getting over there We were lucky as we had several White Rhinos and Ostriches right there at the other end that we got great pics of, and the Lioness was out too.

So glad you both enjoyed it! I definitely plan on doing it again one day, it was so much fun.
I'm sure that most people liked the food on the Trek, Mom ate most of her's. I'm just too picky but at least I tried everything! Thanks for clearing up what was in the buckets. I am so bad at remembering those things. At one point I think I had "Date thingies" written in the TR. I may be calling on you later because I have more animal pictures without names!

Elephants have always been one of my favorite animals so I really enjoyed sitting and watching them for a while.

I probably should have walked down to the other end but they don't give you much time at the Boma! Several people did walk down there and came right back saying there was nothing to see. I guess there were just no animals out that morning in that area.

Quote:

Good luck making that decision!

I think Stephanie answered all your questions (thanks!). I loved the elephants so much! It was really nice to get to sit and watch them for a while rather than the normal 30 seconds you get on the Safari.

And I can't believe I forgot to mention the bathroom at the Boma! Not having access to a bathroom for three hours was something I was worried about on the Trek. I'm pretty sure I asked Stephanie if there was one when she was writing her TR! Once you leave the Boma, I don't think it was more than 30 to 45 minutes before we were finished.

Quote:
I can answer the price question, it's $189 per person, though they were giving a discount of $50 off per person if you booked a tour later in the day (which also means different food since they have breakfast like Ariana's, or lunch, which you can look up). Don't know if they are still doing the discount or not.

Oh, and I don't think Ariana mentioned it but there are bathrooms at the Boma too, so drinking lots of the juice isn't a problem!
Yep, totally forgot about the bathrooms! Probably because I didn't use them. Thanks for answering Kathy's questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Eeee!! Elephants, the babies are SOOO CUUTTEEE. I love them, adorbs, especially playing with the rock! Ah! Good picture of you and Mom from the guide! Yay!

The meals look super interesting, not at all what I expected, but definitely fits into the African feel of everything. I have to say it does look tasty, but Id want to sub out the pork stuff for some of the turkey & salmon, baha! I LOVE THE JUNGLE JUICE!! If its the same as Tusker House, I can only ever handle one glass of it though, haha. Those spoons are awesome!

Ah! Pictures of the cheetahs! EVERYTIME I try, but theyre either too far away, or were moving too fast so I dont get a picture at all.

The Trek seems like an awesome way to spend a morning over in AK. How long was it all in total? I feel like even after the tour you still have so much time to do stuff at AK. Thats my big problem with so many of the MK/4 Parks tours, they go so long that there isnt enough time to do stuff after! The next trip I plan WILL include a tour though, made that goal now!!
The Elephants were my favorite part, I love them!

The food was interesting. I wish you could do more subbing but they only do special meals for allergies. That's why I had to fib a little to get the turkey instead of salmon.

I've never eaten at Tusker House but I'm pretty sure it's the same juice, think I read that somewhere.

Those spoons were so cute. Mom wanted to keep hers so bad! The guides told her that they don't count them so I wouldn't be surprised if it somehow made it into her pocket. I wasn't going to ask!

It is hard to get those Cheetahs. I'm so glad the guides got a good picture.

The tour was a total of 3 hours. We started at 8 am which was actually an hour before the park opened and finished right at 11 am. Not too bad, we only lost two hours of park time.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #111
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Another Change to my March plans

So just for fun today, I checked the Dining Reservations page and surprise, surprise, I was able to snag a Be Our Guest ADR!!!

It's on Friday at 7:30 so my plans for eating an early dinner at The Plaza and then catching MSEP and Wishes went out the window. I cancelled the Plaza reservation and got another one for Saturday night. I'll do Animal Kingdom in the morning and then hop to MK for dinner, MSEP and Wishes.

But now I have a small problem. I have 5 TS dinners with my plan and 6 reservations! I'm debating between three options. Rose & Crown, Mama Melrose, BOG, and Coral Reef are not negotiable so that leaves The Plaza and Viva Napoli. So I can:

1. Keep Viva Napoli and cancel The Plaza
2. Keep The Plaza and cancel Viva Napoli
3. Keep both and pay out of pocket for one

I'm leaning towards #2 right now because I have a Coral Reef lunch the day I have the Viva Napoli dinner and two TS in one day is a lot of food. I wanted to eat there because I never have but I can always catch it on another trip. Guess I got to do some thinking!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #112
KatMark
DIS Veteran

How far out can you book Wild Trek?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #113
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmmm.... I'm not sure there is an exact time. Our Trek was on 11/27/12 and I booked it on 6/10/12. When I called that day, the CM said he would check but he was sure they weren't available yet because he had tried to book one the day before. He was pretty surprised that they were available. So basically 6/10 was the first day that I could book the Trek we took. Not sure if that helped or not!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #114
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
It used to be 3 months out, but I heard more and more people able to book it further out than that, so I'd call and ask!

Old 01-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #115
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I'm sure that most people liked the food on the Trek, Mom ate most of her's. I'm just too picky but at least I tried everything! Thanks for clearing up what was in the buckets. I am so bad at remembering those things. At one point I think I had "Date thingies" written in the TR. I may be calling on you later because I have more animal pictures without names!

Elephants have always been one of my favorite animals so I really enjoyed sitting and watching them for a while.

I probably should have walked down to the other end but they don't give you much time at the Boma! Several people did walk down there and came right back saying there was nothing to see. I guess there were just no animals out that morning in that area.
I'm pretty picky too, but was able to eat about half the food in my bucket, which worked out alright since it held me over long enough to make it to lunch once the WAT was over.

The lions probably just weren't out yet then, if no one else saw them either.

Feel free to ask me any animal names, I'm pretty good with remembering them all!

And for scoring a BOG ressie!!!!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #116
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It used to be 3 months out, but I heard more and more people able to book it further out than that, so I'd call and ask!
It does seem that the time is all over the place. I just keep checking the DIS and calling a few times a week to check.

Quote:
I'm pretty picky too, but was able to eat about half the food in my bucket, which worked out alright since it held me over long enough to make it to lunch once the WAT was over.

The lions probably just weren't out yet then, if no one else saw them either.

Feel free to ask me any animal names, I'm pretty good with remembering them all!

And for scoring a BOG ressie!!!!
We were both hungry when we got done and pretty much headed right to lunch. I think even if I had eaten everything (it was more of a snack rather than a meal) I would have still be hungry for lunch.

I think the lions either weren't out yet or were hidden behind some rocks and you couldn't see them from there. I was having way too much fun watching the elephants to worry about the lions!

I am so excited to eat at BOG for dinner. I was going to do lunch but there was nothing on the lunch menu I will eat without some modification. I've found that special orders at CS locations can be a nightmare so I try to pick instead of getting something special made. The Dinner menu has several items I like!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #117
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
It does seem that the time is all over the place. I just keep checking the DIS and calling a few times a week to check.

We were both hungry when we got done and pretty much headed right to lunch. I think even if I had eaten everything (it was more of a snack rather than a meal) I would have still be hungry for lunch.

I think the lions either weren't out yet or were hidden behind some rocks and you couldn't see them from there. I was having way too much fun watching the elephants to worry about the lions!

I am so excited to eat at BOG for dinner. I was going to do lunch but there was nothing on the lunch menu I will eat without some modification. I've found that special orders at CS locations can be a nightmare so I try to pick instead of getting something special made. The Dinner menu has several items I like!
I modified my sandwich for my lunch at BOG when I ordered, as did the family in front of me. The CM didn't even bat an eye at it!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #118
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on the BOG ADR! That is awesome. I'm not sure if you popped over to Nicki's dining reviews from our trip last month or not, but she has the review for BOG up. We LOVED it!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #119
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I modified my sandwich for my lunch at BOG when I ordered, as did the family in front of me. The CM didn't even bat an eye at it!
I'm going to have to remember this for next time! I've always had such bad luck getting special orders at the CS locations. Once I waited almost a 1/2 hour to get a sandwich without the sauce.

Quote:
Congratulations on the BOG ADR! That is awesome. I'm not sure if you popped over to Nicki's dining reviews from our trip last month or not, but she has the review for BOG up. We LOVED it!
Thanks! I have not started on her dining reviews but I need to! I haven't read a review for BOG yet.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #120
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

One thing about Be Our Guest. No matter how many pictures you have seen, you will not be prepared for it! Truly a place where pictures do it NO justice!

I read everything I could get my hands on, and saw every picture and video that was leaked...and I was still blown away!

I also believe it will be come a 2 credit meal...if just for the experience! Much more magical than CRT! When you leave...linger a bit! They invite you to tour the other rooms....and when leaving the Beast, his knights of armor have a wonderful 'conversation' as you leave!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: