Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #31
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Good morning Ariana! I just wanted to stop by to wish you and your DH a...

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #32
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

MERRY CHRISTMAS ARIANA, AND FAMILY!!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #33
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Good morning Ariana! I just wanted to stop by to wish you and your DH a...

D~
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
MERRY CHRISTMAS ARIANA, AND FAMILY!!!

Thanks!

Merry Christmas to everyone and their families!!

Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #34
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas! Am enjoying your mother-daughter trip report! I've never eaten at LeCellier but would love to on our next trip! (one problem tho is that 3/4 of our family is now vegan/vegetarian but I'm sure we could find something delicious to eat!). Great job getting your room so quickly and your room location changed

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #35
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Okay, I think I know what happened. You sent me a PM while we were on our trip and then I totally forgot to sign up. But I'm caught up now an dhere we go:

1) Love the empty plane
2) for early landing
3) Happy your ME left right away and you were checked in and in your room within 45 minutes
4) Too funny about your mom and entering the dark places with her glasses
5) Love the Epcot photopass pictures
6) That is really about the Visa photo shoot; I don't see why they couldn't spend a little more time with you since there was no line (we had one of those guys at Epcot when we saw a few of the Fab 5)
7) Glad you enjoyed your lunch at LeCellier (we had a bad meal there two years ago for dinner and I'm not sure I'm in a hurry to go back...especially after our meal at Yachtsman)

Okay, I feel better now that I'm here and caught up.

Hope you had a great Christmas.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #36
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Merry Christmas! Am enjoying your mother-daughter trip report! I've never eaten at LeCellier but would love to on our next trip! (one problem tho is that 3/4 of our family is now vegan/vegetarian but I'm sure we could find something delicious to eat!). Great job getting your room so quickly and your room location changed
Glad you joined in. I went to Disney in 2011 with a friend who is a vegetarian. She was very impressed by the choices that Disney had for her. I don't think you will have any problems finding something to eat anywhere. They are very accommodating to special diets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Okay, I think I know what happened. You sent me a PM while we were on our trip and then I totally forgot to sign up. But I'm caught up now an dhere we go:

1) Love the empty plane
2) for early landing
3) Happy your ME left right away and you were checked in and in your room within 45 minutes
4) Too funny about your mom and entering the dark places with her glasses
5) Love the Epcot photopass pictures
6) That is really about the Visa photo shoot; I don't see why they couldn't spend a little more time with you since there was no line (we had one of those guys at Epcot when we saw a few of the Fab 5)
7) Glad you enjoyed your lunch at LeCellier (we had a bad meal there two years ago for dinner and I'm not sure I'm in a hurry to go back...especially after our meal at Yachtsman)

Okay, I feel better now that I'm here and caught up.

Hope you had a great Christmas.
No problem, glad you are here! I know when I was at Disney I wasn't worried about keeping up with threads on the DIS. I can't remember for sure if I sent you a PM so it might have been my fault.

That was one of the smoothest/fastest transitions from the airport to the room I've ever had. It sure made our day start out well.

I was so disappointed with the Visa meet. I feel bad because my cousin just got a Disney Visa and was looking forward to using it for a meet when we go in January 2014. Hopefully we will have more time then since there will be kids with us.

Bummer that you had a bad experience at Le Cellier. It was so good when Mom and I went. It's funny how that works, Mom and I had a bad experience at one of the restaurants that most people on the DIS rave about. I guess any restaurant can have a bad day.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #37
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Well, I was going to update today but I decided instead to go see the Hobbit for a second time since I'm off today.

I will update tomorrow since I will be back at work. Tomorrow and Friday should be very slow since a lot of people took those two days off.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:25 AM   #38
brandihead2012
<3er of all things Disney!

Caught up! You have me so excited to leave in March! I did a mother daughter trip in 2008, We had a lot of fun but I wish we would of did the Dining plan for some more bonding/drinking time!

Sparking up the Romance at WDW...March 2013 Trip Report for Lovers
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3009981&page=8

He finally said YES to Disney, a ptr for March 2013
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009981

998 picture, 10 pairs of Shoes 2 Girls.. completed TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post25194679
brandihead2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #39
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

The Beautiful Osborne Lights

We headed out of Epcot about 4:45pm and found the Hollywood Studios bus stop. A bus came almost immediately but we ended up sitting for about 15 minutes while they changed drivers.

We arrived at HS about 5:15 pm and headed in. I took a picture of the Christmas tree as we walked by:

We were a bit early for the lights so we stopped for a few Photo pass photos:

I was kind of bummed that they had the stage setup in front of the hat blocking part of it in the pictures but it doesn't show up too much. Next, we went in a few stores so I could look for my Dooney purse. They still didnt have the purse I was looking for and I started to wonder if I was going to find it at all.

Mom was starting to get tired because she had company for Thanksgiving and had only gotten about 3 hours of sleep the night before. She wanted a cup of coffee to try to wake her up so I said lets go to the Writers Shop. I wasnt exactly sure where it was and when we passed the ABC Commissary, Mom said lets just go here. I agreed and we went in which was a bad idea as it took forever to get through the line. Mom got a coffee and I got milk. We used two snack credits which was definitely the worse use of the credits all week. I just wanted to make sure we used them up.

Once we finished it was finally dark so we headed towards the Osborne lights. We rounded the corner and there was the Writers Shop! We decided to go in for a minute and look around. Unfortunately we were both still stuffed from lunch so we didnt get a snack. I took this picture on my phone to send to my DH:

Ratatouille is his favorite Disney movie. I was supposed to buy him one of these little guys but totally forgot. We are planning on dressing as Colette and Linguini from the movie for MNSSHP next year and he wanted one to carry. Im going to have to try and find one on the internet now.

We headed out and into the Osborne Lights. On the way I told Mom the story behind the purple cat I wanted to find. No sooner had I told her then I turned my head and saw:

The purple cat! It wasnt hidden very well at all. A CM standing by it told us that there was also 65 (I think that was the number) hidden Mickeys, a Jack Skellington, a razorback pig and the lamp from A Christmas Story. We managed to find the razorback, the lamp and about 20 of the Hidden Mickeys as we walked through.

So what did we think of the Osborne Lights? They were absolutely beautiful! I took a lot of pictures but they dont come anywhere close to showing the true colors of the lights. Heres what I got:

Continued in next post

Last edited by Pluto0809; 09-13-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #40
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Osborne Lights Continued

We also waited in line to get some Photo Pass pictures:

We probably spent about an hour walking through the lights. I know we saw the lights dance to four different songs which was spectacular.

On the way out, I took one more picture of the purple cat from the other side:

It was about 7 pm then and I was thinking about staying for the 8 pm Fantasmic but Mom was done. She was really tired since she had so little sleep the night before. Since we were coming back the next day, we headed out to the bus stop. There was a bus sitting at the stop and we got right on. We were back in our room by 7:30 pm. We unpacked a little and were in bed by 8:30. Mom fell right to sleep while I caught up on my journal. I was pretty tired myself and after listening to the fireworks from Illuminations I fell asleep too.

Up next: Back to Hollywood Studios

Last edited by Pluto0809; 09-13-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #41
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandihead2012 View Post
Caught up! You have me so excited to leave in March! I did a mother daughter trip in 2008, We had a lot of fun but I wish we would of did the Dining plan for some more bonding/drinking time!
March isn't too far away! We didn't do a lot more drinking on this trip but it definitely was a bonding experience. We both love sitting down for meals so the free dining was great.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #42
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I love the Osborne lights and you got some great shots! I agree though that nothing can compare to actually being there! Great idea for Halloween costumes too!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #43
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Great Osborne lights pictures! I saw over 20 HMs too, and the purple cat, though I forgot to get a picture of the cat.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #44
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update.

Sorry you were to full when you found the Writers Shop...they hae some really good stuff in there.

You got some spectacular shots of the Osborne Lights. But you are right....pictures do not do it justice.

Love the photopass pictures with your mom.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #45
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I love the Osborne Lights! I don't recall seeing those lights that were strung overhead (well I do remember some down a left side street as you face the globe and angels). Great pics!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: