Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #151
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom & New Fantasyland time!

We finally made it to MK I want to say around 10:00 am. We missed rope drop by quite a bit but we were fine with that.

We stopped and got a locker and then headed into the Park.

One of the stores that we were told carried the girls sweatshirt we were looking for was the dump shop for the Mickey Meet & Greet (Iíve totally forgotten what the name of the store was now) so we headed there first. They had the sweatshirt in all sizes and we spent a few minutes while Mom verified with my Cousin on which size to get. We then headed back out to the locker and dropped it off.

After that we finally made our way down Main Street. We saw the Dapper Danís ridding in the Main Street Fire Truck.

And also saw the Fire Chief. Love his Mickey ears on top of his Fire hat!

Isnít this a beautiful site?

We stopped for a few PP pictures.

Getting closerÖ

They were setting up the stage because the Parade tapping was to take place in a few days so we headed around the castle:

Belle was out filming something on the lawn between the Castle and Tomorrowland.

She actually walked right by us as we were making our way towards Fantasyland. We went straight to Peter Pan and grabbed some fast passes.

Looks like they are making great progress on the Mine Train. I canít wait till itís done!

And hereís the beautiful new Castle walls:

We headed into the new section. I couldnít believe the amount of detail! Check out the hoof prints on the ground:

And Beastís Castle

The whole area was just stunning!

Continued in Next Post
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #152
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

The line for ETWB was 45 minutes and neither one of us was interested enough to wait that long. We were both in need of some caffeine so we headed into Gastonís tavern. While Mom ordered, I took lots of pictures of the interior.

We took turns using the restroom there and I guess I liked the lights in there so much I needed to take a picture:

I also took a lot of pictures of the area while Mom was taking her turn.

Outside of the bathrooms:

A quiet little corner:

The town square fountain:

Bonjour Village Gifts and the outside of Gastonís Tavern:

I also spent some time talking to a Mom and Daughter who admired my Pluto bag. I gave them information so they could (maybe) get one of their own.

We went into Bonjour Village Gifts and looked around but I didn't take any pictures. Guess I was too busy drooling over the pretty stuff for sale.

Up Next: Little Mermaid Ride & the Rest of Fantasyland
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #153
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update. So glad you found the kids sweatshirt.

You got some shots I totally missed when we were there of the new Fantasyland. I do love how the horse hooves are in the sidewalk...so Disney!

I was drooling over several items in the shop myself, but only bought for Des. But maybe...just maybe....I'll get something this year.

Can't wait to hear what you thought of the Little Mermaid Ride.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #154
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post

And also saw the Fire Chief. Love his Mickey ears on top of his Fire hat!

Isnít this a beautiful site?

Okay let me see if I can do this properly...

So, I am thinking the driver of this Main St. car could be this really fun CM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjlQBQMxs58

And the Fire Chief is DEFINITELY this pirate captain from our Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage:

Oh My~the crowds on Main Street!!! Loved your pictures of the new Fantasyland! I really think I want to avoid MK this October since we will only get one park day. I want to save new Fantasyland for when there will be lots of time to explore!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #155
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Isn't New Fantasyland wonderful? I loved all the details too.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #156
katt789
DIS Veteran

Thatís what that stage was for!! Ah! I was attempting to watch Dream Along with Mickey one day I was down there and they didnít finish it, Iím guessing because of the stage, but I thought it was for the Christmas party or something, now I know! Hahah

How cool that you guys saw Belle out filming stuff, thatís great!

I canít get over how beautiful FLE is, the details in it are just fantastic! Ah, Jess said something about the bathrooms in there being themed awesome as well, and somehow I never used those bathrooms! Clearly itís on my list of things to do next trip, as well as get pictures with the CMs in that area, the costumes are amazing!! I love all the stuff in bonjour gifts, I was nearly crying in there, like, the merch is so pretty!!

Also, remember the time we'll be back in Disney in like, two and a half weeks?!?! It's gonna be greattttt!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #157
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Wow I was way behind!!!Happy to report i'm all caught up now though,loving your report so far and can't wait to read more :D

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #158
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update. So glad you found the kids sweatshirt.

You got some shots I totally missed when we were there of the new Fantasyland. I do love how the horse hooves are in the sidewalk...so Disney!

I was drooling over several items in the shop myself, but only bought for Des. But maybe...just maybe....I'll get something this year.

Can't wait to hear what you thought of the Little Mermaid Ride.
We were glad to find the sweatshirt too! Finding something for a 5 year old girl with one of the Fab 5 was more difficult than we thought. Everything for that age is Princess.

Thanks on the Fantasyland shots. There was a whole lot more that I wished I had photographed too. The area is so crowded right now it's hard to get good pictures.

I did want half of that store! The B&TB stuff was great but I also loved all of the Castle stuff they had.

I'm going to be lucky if I get another update in this week. Just got several projects dumped on me and I'm taking Friday off. There's not going to be much DIS time this week for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Okay let me see if I can do this properly...

So, I am thinking the driver of this Main St. car could be this really fun CM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjlQBQMxs58

And the Fire Chief is DEFINITELY this pirate captain from our Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage:

Oh My~the crowds on Main Street!!! Loved your pictures of the new Fantasyland! I really think I want to avoid MK this October since we will only get one park day. I want to save new Fantasyland for when there will be lots of time to explore!
That's too funny that you recognized the CMs. I wonder if the one is Fireman by day and Pirate by night?

Main Street was crowded and so was the rest of the park but we didn't have much in the way of lines. It was kind of strange that day but I wasn't complaining.

New Fantasyland was really great but the Mine Train construction did take away from the whole effect. If you save that area for a later trip, you may just get to see the finished product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Isn't New Fantasyland wonderful? I loved all the details too.
It was wonderful! I can't wait to see the final version once the Mine Train is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Thatís what that stage was for!! Ah! I was attempting to watch Dream Along with Mickey one day I was down there and they didnít finish it, Iím guessing because of the stage, but I thought it was for the Christmas party or something, now I know! Hahah

How cool that you guys saw Belle out filming stuff, thatís great!

I canít get over how beautiful FLE is, the details in it are just fantastic! Ah, Jess said something about the bathrooms in there being themed awesome as well, and somehow I never used those bathrooms! Clearly itís on my list of things to do next trip, as well as get pictures with the CMs in that area, the costumes are amazing!! I love all the stuff in bonjour gifts, I was nearly crying in there, like, the merch is so pretty!!

Also, remember the time we'll be back in Disney in like, two and a half weeks?!?! It's gonna be greattttt!!
Yep, they were filming on Friday and Saturday that week so that's what the stage was for. We were there those two days but chose to avoid the MK area.

It was really neat to see Belle. I wish I still had my camera out since she walked right by us after they were done.

You will definitely have to check out the New Fantasyland bathrooms. It was really nice inside them. There was something unique about the floor too but I can't remember what it was. I was going to take more pictures but was getting strange looks so I stopped.

23 days for me!! I am so excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
Wow I was way behind!!!Happy to report i'm all caught up now though,loving your report so far and can't wait to read more :D
Thanks! No problem on being behind. I've been meaning to check out your PTR but haven't made it there yet. Probably won't today, got too much to do at work (bummer that work interfers with my DIS time. )
Old 02-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #159
brandihead2012
<3er of all things Disney!

Goose bumps from the new fantasy land pictures. I Cried on the way to work this morning thinking how close we are to going! I love Gaston. He has always been my villian of choice, I told Zac I was going to find him!

How much were the lockers? Do they take Dollars, quaters? I know Marsh is low 60s to high 80s, so I think I want to bring a sweatshirt for the night but dont want to lug it around all day.

Love that moment when you walk into MK and see the castle. Definatly my Moment of knowing I made it. It is normally my first stop but, we arrive on a Saturday and it is a no no I guess to go on Saturdays.

Sparking up the Romance at WDW...March 2013 Trip Report for Lovers
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3009981&page=8

He finally said YES to Disney, a ptr for March 2013
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009981

998 picture, 10 pairs of Shoes 2 Girls.. completed TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post25194679
brandihead2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #160
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandihead2012 View Post
Goose bumps from the new fantasy land pictures. I Cried on the way to work this morning thinking how close we are to going! I love Gaston. He has always been my villian of choice, I told Zac I was going to find him!

How much were the lockers? Do they take Dollars, quaters? I know Marsh is low 60s to high 80s, so I think I want to bring a sweatshirt for the night but dont want to lug it around all day.

Love that moment when you walk into MK and see the castle. Definatly my Moment of knowing I made it. It is normally my first stop but, we arrive on a Saturday and it is a no no I guess to go on Saturdays.
New Fantasyland was everything I hoped it would be! You will love it. Gaston does his meet and greet right by "his" fountain so you shouldn't have any problems finding him. He was actually right there when I was taking pictures.

The lockers are $12 a day but you get $5 back when you return the receipt at the end of the day. You actually go to a store near the lockers to rent them. Just look for signs if you decide to get one.

I agree that walking into the MK is the best sight ever! I'm actually going to be at MK on Saturday 3/2. I'm just going there after a morning at AK for dinner and then to see Wishes and the MSEP.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #161
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Friday, March 1, 2013

I was hoping to do a full update today but DH & I are taking a long weekend to visit Nashville, TN. I'm taking tomorrow and Monday off so I need to get some projects finished at work. The great thing about the Nashville trip is I get to have a DIS meet with oopsiDAISY! I'm really looking forward to meeting her. Maybe I'll even do a mini TR of our weekend.

So for today, I'm just going to ramble about day 2 of my upcoming solo trip.

Friday I will be heading to MK for the whole day. The park is open 9 am to 9 pm on this day. I'll probably be up early and get a small breakfast at the ASMu food court.

I plan on making rope drop to see the opening show. Then I will head straight back to Fantasyland (well maybe a PP picture or two along the way), grab a FP for Peter Pan and then get in line for ETWB. I really want to see this show one time since it's new. I doubt it's something I'll want to see every time. I'm really interested in seeing the themeing more than the actual show.

Once I'm done there, I'll finish up the rest of Fantasyland. I want to ride Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, IASW and see Philharmagic. Also, if the lines not too long, Barnstormer (or whatever it's called now) since I've never ridden it. I want to try a LeFou's brew and something from the new bakery in Storybook Circus.

I'm thinking about lunch at either CHH or Casey's. I should try somewhere new but those two are my favorites and I keep going back. The only other CS I've eaten at in MK is Cosmic Ray's.

The rest of the day will be spent riding rides in the rest of the park. Some of my must dos are Pirates, Jungle Cruise, BTMR, SM, Laugh Floor, Buzz Lightyear and TTA. I love Splash Mountain too but it's down for renovations plus I only ride it if it's really hot.

My orginal plans included an early dinner at The Plaza Restaurant followed by MSEP and Wishes. That all changed when I was able to snag a reservation at BOG! I am really excited to eat there. I will take lots of pictures for my TR.

My reservation is at 7:30 so the park will be closed or almost closed when I'm done. I may try to catch the second MSEP at 9 pm but if it's too crowded, I'll probably do some shopping on Main Street and maybe get a treat at the Confectionary since the Bakery is closed while I'm there.

HS is the only park open later than MK and it's only till 10 pm. So I'll head back to my room and call it an early night.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #162
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I recommend doing ETWB once, but I know I won't be rushing back. The theming was the best part for me, the "show" itself was only a couple minutes and since I wasn't it nor was anyone I knew I found it boring. But maybe you will like it more!

Sounds like a fun day, and I'm so excited for you that you scored that BOG time. I can't wait to read your review of it!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #163
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

I do hope you will do a mini TR of your weekend in our beautiful city...mostly because I am curious about what you all choose to do while you are here! There is just so much fun stuff to do in Nashville!

I love your MK CS choices...those two are my favorites, too! I love a good Casey's hot dog! We like to grab a dog and sit on a curb for a parade. Good times!

Cannot wait to hear how BOG is! Congrats on landing THAT ADR!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #164
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 2 plans sound great. I hope you love BOG as much as we did (I can't wait to be back and eat there in June).

Have a great time in Nashville. One of these days I really want to visit there.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #165
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I am so annoyed with myself that I fell SOOOOO far behind... I am so sorry... I try to hard to keep up with every TR and PTR I follow, but since I don't actually "subscribe" to any, and I just look for the little white arrow in front of the posts - I sometimes miss them.

Anyways... I loved the update and the pictures of the new FLE... I cannot wait to go to the bathroom in there, everyone talks about it.

As usual - you and your mom are so adorable.

And how exciting that you have another trip coming up... Some day - I hope to take multiple trips to WDW in one year.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: