Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
neville04
Mouseketeer

torn....aoa or beach club

i am looking at booking the last week in october into nov in 2013- we are going to celebrate my 30th birthday- we will have three kids with us- a 7 year old boy , 5 year old boy and our 1 year old daughter. We went last year and stayed at POFQ - but i think we would be crammed staying with 5 in one room at pofq- it was kind of tight last year with all the stuff we had . this next year we are driving down and i'm not sure where to stay- they both have some great perks... so any advice- i have never been to either resort... its between beach club - or art of animation cars suite ..

past trips: dec 11' -POFQ, Mar 10' offsite, Dec 01' - all stars movies
neville04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

I think it depends on what is more important to you.

The location of the BC is stellar - but the theme at AoA is much more kids oriented and fun! BC has the amenities of a deluxe while AoA does not.

Since it is a birthday celebration for you, what would you rather? Nicer amenities and location or a fun Disney theme for the kids? Will you get a smaller room at BC versus the larger suite at AoA?

They're very hard to compare since they're two totally opposite levels of resorts!
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

I've never stayed at BC, but I will say that AoA has great theming for little kids and the splash area by the Nemo pool is really cute. It all depends on what you like and what you want MOST in a resort. Are your little ones crazy about the Cars movies? If so, they will love the cars section. My DS4's favorite movies are Finding Nemo and Cars, so it was a must for us.

On the other hand, you can walk to Epcot from BC and you have the boardwalk there. You'll have a great time no matter where you stay.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
DPCummerbund
Mouseketeer

I've never been in October/November, but it does seem like you can still get really hot weather then (weather channel says the average high is still above 80). I think a 7, 5, and 1 year old would really enjoy Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club. In warmer weather, SAB puts the Beach Club above every other resort. Of course, it could be freezing when you go, but you still have easy access to Epcot, and a short walk/boat ride to HS.

I've never stayed at AoA, and while it sounds fun for kids, Beach Club would be just as much fun for the kids, and much more fun for adults. And, if you rent DVC points, the cost would probably be about the same.
DPCummerbund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #5
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Depends what's most important to you! We have friends who would take additional space over anything else - and you'd have that space at AOA. But we'd take the atmosphere, location, pool, transportation options, etc. of BC over more space. It's just such a different feeling at BC than values or even mods - so relaxed, a nice break from the parks, so convenient to get to DHS and Epcot. We just love the option to walk or boat to two parks and not have to rely on the bus. And SAB is an amazing pool - our boys have always loved it.

As for the differences in theme, I once thought that kids would always prefer the resort with a heavy character theme, but I was wrong! One year for Christmas, we surprised our boys with a WDW trip the following March. At the time, our boys were ages 2, 9 and 10, and they love Toy Story. So we thought they would like All Star Movies and booked there. As we got closer to the trip, we had second thoughts about a value. I'd stayed in a value way before kids, but with kids always mod or deluxe. So when we asked the boys whether they would prefer BC, there was no question for them. They FAR preferred BC and talked about how happy they were with the switch throughout the trip. (And this from a poster with the screen name "pixarmom," which is an indication of how much our boys LOVE Toy Story, Cars, Nemo, etc.!)
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #6
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Definitely Beach Club.. no question about it..
davedmaine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
nickymaria
Mouseketeer

Beach Club! I've stayed at both and though AoA is certainly fun - it's still a value resort. I LOVE the Epcot resorts and BC is one the best!
04/1998 - CBR, 05/2006 - Off site, 11/2008 - SSR, 1/2010 - BCV, 12/2010 - AKL, 3/2011 - Dolphin, 11/2011 - CBR, 3/2012 - BLT & BWV, 10/2012 - AoA & WL, 2/2013 - Off site (boo!), 4/2013 Disneyland, 11/2013 - BCV, 3/2013 Cruised the Wonder!

No current ticker, but hoping for a 3/2105 Fantasy Cruise...
nickymaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Beach Club hands down IMO. Also it should be Food and Wine during that time so make sure to book early to get what you want
Old 12-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #9
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

no contest...the Beach Club.
cluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #10
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Beach Club!!!!! It's our favorite.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #11
francie57
DIS Veteran

Agree with others - BC no question. We are Epcot resort people and love the BC and BW. For us there would be no decision since I am a deluxe girl all the way. We will be returning to the BC in 4 weeks for marathon weekend and can't wait. Already have our reservations for next Aug. made.
francie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #12
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
Definitely Beach Club.. no question about it..
Ditto. I was at AoA in October and have no plans to return. And no, I am not a deluxe snob...in fact, I just got back from Pop.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #13
Nanook
Earning My Ears

Echo the sentiments, we are just back from Aoa - first week of Dec. Stayed in a Cars suite with 3 kids and had plenty of space. Liked the food court options and especially hours. Chance to grab and go even when returning after fireworks. All 3 Cars buildings are close to trans and the big blue pool. But beach club/ Boardwalk area is great - our favorite. Love evenings on the Boardwalk and Stormalong Bay can't be beat. But main benefit was running to Epcot for rides, food, fireworks at night with my older DD. If Epcot is not high on your family list of destinations that may sway you.
Beach Club Villas -- December 2008
Saratoga Springs -- December 2010
Disneyland -- July 2011
Art of Animation -- December 2012
Disneyland -- Spring Break 2014
Art of Animation -- February 2015
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #14
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran

If you will need a stroller than definitely BC. The ability to walk to EPCOT or a boat to HS is great. We love the BC and the Boardwalk area. We love being in a hotel that you don't need to ride a bus all the time.

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: