Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #16
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

I know how you feel. During the time when I don't have a trip planned, sometimes I just don't have the desire to come on here. My advice, check out more of the rumors and news boards or the podcast board where it's more about chatting about Disney things than planning a trip.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #17
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

I hear you! Our last trip to the world was in 2008, and I am finally in full swing of planning our next trip for Fall 2013. We had a baby too and this will be his first trip to WDW as a 2 year old.

You are about to get VERY busy. You will look back and wonder how you ever had so much time to spend on the DIS years ago, haha. Things will get busy, you won't be able to keep up with the boards (or sometimes even the show), but then there will be a light at the end of the tunnel and you will eventually get to plan another trip and everyone on here will be kind and helpful no matter how much you have been posting (or not posting!).

Enjoy the first year- it really does go so fast and truly is magical!

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #18
vikkil70
Mouseketeer

I know the feeling. We went in December, but DH has said this is the last trip for quite a while. We probably will not be back for several years. At first I did'nt want to go on any Disney site, since I figured it would just depress me knowing that there is no trip in the forseeable future, but I found myself drawn back to The Dis. Even if it's just to keep up on the news and rumors I'll check in every so often and of course keep listening to the show.

Congratulations on you little one. Enjoy every minute, it goes by too fast!
vikkil70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #19
Michele
You're never too old to sit in a little chair and enjoy a Mickey Mouse cartoon
I am a scrapbook dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigha View Post
I think the podcast board is more about family/friends than parks anyway so of course you belong! It will also keep you up to date for when you are ready to go!!
This is exactly how I feel about it.

I haven't been for 2 years and no current plans to get back since DS19 started college this year and we'll be adding DS17 going to college next year.

At least listening to the podcast and visiting here keeps me up-to-date with the changes at WDW.
May 2010 Off-site *~* Dec 2013-DISAPALOOZA! *~* May 2014 Yacht Club

Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #20
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

The thing that bothers me is that I read and learn, but can't contribute since I'm not down there to see stuff and write about it.

But it's only temporary right? We are not squiring more debt, we are paying it down so there is an end date. And we are pursuing opportunities to earn more income to pay it down faster.

In the interim, I'm thinking about starting a blog that talks about our journey as well as my love for Disney. We will see if I have the guts or the skills to write an interesting blog.

I guess as long as Disney is in my heart then I have a place on the DISboards.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #21
momsavealot
DIS Veteran

Since we have no plans of going any time soon, I like to vacation vicariously thru other people. I go to the trip reports thread and read about other people's trips. You'd be amazed how many good writers are over there. Some are just downright hilarious! and most have tons of pictures so you feel like you're right there with them. And trust me, the time will go fast! Just put a little aside every week and before you know it, you'll be back! Like a prior poster wrote, Disney is a way of life. So don't go anywhere!!
Aug. 2008 Polynesian Resort
Feb. 2006 Nickelodeon Hotel
(DD14) (DS13)(DS12) (DD8)
momsavealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #22
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
The thing that bothers me is that I read and learn, but can't contribute since I'm not down there to see stuff and write about it.
Actually you can contribute. Some of us have been so frequently that we just don't think of questions that would occur to you. Asking questions will help spur discussion by the podcasters on the show and us here that may help you and others in similar positions.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #23
Brook1099
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your little one...and enjoy every minute it certaintly goes by too fast. We started vacationing in Disney in 2004 when my kids were 3 and 4. We have gone for two weeks every year.They r now 11 and 13. And guess what now that my oldest will be going to highschool and our business obligations, Disney vacations after our 2013 vacation will be on hold til ?. We do plan on going out with a bang and plan and doing everything we possibly can. I could cry now thinking that, but I will still lurk around here to live vicarisally thru others, keep udated. I dont read books I read DIS boards.
Brook1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #24
Floridian Princess
Love planning our holidays to Disney!

As we live in Scotland we go every other year to our favourite place but WDW is never far from my thoughts.
The podcasts are a wonderful way of keeping me up to date with the changes at WDW.
Our little cocker spaniel enjoys when I get my iPhone out and my earphones as she knows she will get a walk as I listen to Pete and co.
Planning is half the fun and you would be surprised what you know that might contribute to someone else's trip.
Congrats on the baby,our DD was a 18months our first trip and we had lots of fun!
OKW Aug 2010 2 weeks free ddp!
Portofino Bay/OKW July 2012 3 weeks

Me 42 DH 42
DS 12 DD 9
Floridian Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #25
dpic
DIS Veteran

We're at the other end of the spectrum. My daughter just finished college and is looking for jobs, and my son just entered the Marines in June. I soooo envy those with small children with their whole family life in front of them. My favorite memory in life is watching my six year old son's first ride on BTMR--the joy on his face will never be forgotten. Our last trip was 2008 (the photo below).

We're talking about meeting at Shades of Green in the future--not sure when, but sometime next year or the year after (more likely).

Enjoy your time with the little ones--it goes far too quickly.

dpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #26
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone. I may have found a way to indulge my Disney side. I've been offered the opportunity to be an authorized Disney travel agent part time. I'm thinking I'm going to try, but Disney has really aggressive quotas and I'm afraid of failing. I have confirmed with the agency that I can do it on nights and weekends, and I won't have to be "on-call" 24/7 if my clients have a crisis. They have a support network for that.

I really appreciate all the thoughts and well wishes from the people on this board. You keep my spirits and hopes up, and my anxieties low.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: