Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
JennCa
DIS Veteran

Marriott Harbour Lake site map/requests?

Just booked our Marriott Harbour Lake week for July 14-21 and was wondering if anyone knows where a map showing the different buildings might be? Which ones do you like best and why? I am going with my 9 year old, 2 year and my parents.

Was told that buildings 10,12,13, 28, and 29 are the most updated.

Jenn
JennCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
Detailor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennCa View Post
Just booked our Marriott Harbour Lake week for July 14-21 and was wondering if anyone knows where a map showing the different buildings might be? Which ones do you like best and why? I am going with my 9 year old, 2 year and my parents.

Was told that buildings 10,12,13, 28, and 29 are the most updated.

Jenn
This is the map from the Marriott website.

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
Momto3cuties
Mouseketeer

Jenn -

We were at Marriott Harbour Lake in February for a week. We were in Building 13 and our balcony looked out over the pirate pool. Great location - easy walk to both pols, lobby area, etc which was important with 3 young kids. We had a 2 bedroom that was immaculate and updated. It was noisy (from pool activities) in the afternoon if we left the slider to the balcony open. We tried to get the kids down for a rest/nap in the afternoon, so sometimes we closed the slider and put on the air (it was a hot, hot February week!)
Any other questions let me know - we had a fabulous time!

Me, (41) DH (43) DS (9), DS (6), DD (4),
Momto3cuties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

We always stay in Buildings 30/31 (my preference is 31- overlooks the pond), they are only a few years old. They might be the farthest from the pools, trust me the walk is very short and it is nice and quiet there. ... and no views of Route 4.

My second choice would be 28/29 since that was being refurbished last time I was there.

DVC Trips:
Feb '14- Aulani dream trip cancelled due to snow (obviously Mother Nature is not a Disney fan); May '14- AKV Kidani, BCV; May '15- Pending lots of Pixie Dust... VGC, Aulani
DisneyAndRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
madelyn
DIS Veteran

Are they good about honoring requests to non-Marriott owners? We are checking in June 3 for a week stay through an Interval trade. I thought that makes us pretty much at the bottom of the requests priority behind owners and paying customers. What's the best way to make a request? Was leaning towards just going with whatever we get.
madelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #6
Detailor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelyn View Post
Are they good about honoring requests to non-Marriott owners? We are checking in June 3 for a week stay through an Interval trade. I thought that makes us pretty much at the bottom of the requests priority behind owners and paying customers. What's the best way to make a request? Was leaning towards just going with whatever we get.
That's correct, timeshare exchangers are at the bottom of the pile as it relates to satisfying requests. But that's sort of relative, if owners or people staying through hotel reservations don't make requests (or few of them do) then exchangers would have a pretty good chance to get what they want.

My advice is to be flexible with your request(s). If location is important then pick two or three buildings that are close to where you want to be (as long as you're staying in a 2BR any building will be in play for you, 1BRs are only in some of the buildings). Or if it doesn't really matter which building you're in but really want to be on the top floor then make that be known. You're more likely to be satisfied if your request is simple as opposed to having to be in, say, Building 28 AND on the top floor AND at the end of the building.

Contact the resort directly around three to four weeks before your check-in date, have your Marriott reservation number (it's on the II confirmation document but don't confuse it with the II exchange number) and they'll add your request to your reservation. 407-465-6100.

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Old 05-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
madelyn
DIS Veteran

So if we are checking in on June 3 is it too late to call and make a request?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailor View Post
Contact the resort directly around three to four weeks before your check-in date, have your Marriott reservation number (it's on the II confirmation document but don't confuse it with the II exchange number) and they'll add your request to your reservation. 407-465-6100.

Dick Taylor
Old 05-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #8
Detailor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelyn View Post
So if we are checking in on June 3 is it too late to call and make a request?
No, not really. They've likely already assigned a villa to you but that doesn't mean they can't make a change. It's just easier to account (and make a match) for requests when they're going through the assignment process and for most Marriotts that takes place around two to three weeks before check-in.

Dick Taylor
Old 05-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
Princess Disney Fede
Earning My Ears

the Marriot is Fantastic
Princess Disney Fede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
jcwhite73
Earning My Ears

Madelyn--need update after your visit

Hey Madelyn---can you tell me how your trip went and advice for when I go in August. I also booked thru Interval. I am also wanting to request a specific building. So any info is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!
jcwhite73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #11
Ametista
DIS Veteran

We stayed in building 28 looking directly out over the water slide and pool. It was great because I could sit and watch my husband and the kids from our balcony if I needed a little down time.

Be warned, your kids will not want to go to the parks with such a great pool setup right there at the resort.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
madelyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwhite73 View Post
Hey Madelyn---can you tell me how your trip went and advice for when I go in August. I also booked thru Interval. I am also wanting to request a specific building. So any info is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!
We went in June 2012 and I don't believe I ever requested a specific area. I just took what they gave me. I can't remember the building number but looking at the map I want to say it was building 15 on either the highest or second from the top floor. The balcony overlooked water and we were close to both the pool areas. It was not an updated 2 bedroom unit but it was still very nice. No complaints that I recall. The parking lot did fill up when we came back later at night. We did use both pool areas a few times and also spent time at Universal Studios, outlet shopping and Typhoon Lagoon. We were on-site at Disney World 4 nights previous to this and went to the Disney parks then.