Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Bonnet Creek pool Cabana in January, worth it ?

We will be staying at bonnet creek at the end of January, I can see the appeal of having a cabana in the summer but not so clear about the winter. Even if it is just a place to relax and dry off, it might still be worth it.

does anyone have any experience with the cabanas in the winter ? I know the weather can be hit or miss, and I suspect that the pools are heated but the cabanas are not.

thanks
manhattanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
nilseks
DIS Veteran

My guess would be that it is not worth it. We were there last week. My kids went swimming a few times but it was pretty warm for the time of year. At the end of January, I would think swimming would be VERY hit or miss.

Last week the pools were dead. One afternoon we had the entire pool at the main building to ourselves. There were more swimmers by the pirate ship pool but still, very empty. When we were by the pirate pool, I looked around that there wasn't a single cabana in use. If you're in the pool and it's chilly outside, you would probably want to go straight back to your room to warm up, instead of hanging in the cabana.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilseks View Post
My guess would be that it is not worth it. We were there last week. My kids went swimming a few times but it was pretty warm for the time of year. At the end of January, I would think swimming would be VERY hit or miss.

Last week the pools were dead. One afternoon we had the entire pool at the main building to ourselves. There were more swimmers by the pirate ship pool but still, very empty. When we were by the pirate pool, I looked around that there wasn't a single cabana in use. If you're in the pool and it's chilly outside, you would probably want to go straight back to your room to warm up, instead of hanging in the cabana.
Thanks for the reply, I think itis one of those things that if the weather is right we might consider it.
manhattanman is offline   Reply With Quote