Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

Spiderman Question

Has anyone here been on Spiderman recently? Last time I was there, they stopped the line to bring people in group by group to take their picture. For a number of reasons, this really ticked me off and I complained to guest services. Can anyone tell me if they are still doing that? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
glocon
DIS Veteran

That has never happened to us while we were there, but the last time we were there was more than a year ago.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
xApril
DIS Veteran

Sometimes they do it, sometimes they don't.
xApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
floridaminnie
WDW is my 2nd home and working on DCL being my 3rd!
Give me a foot massage andI'm yours!
Friends don't let floridaminnie grade papers drunk from too many margaritas!

They did it when we were there last month.

7/27/02 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise Stateroom 2019; 3/23/03 4-Nigh Bahamian Cruise Stateroom 7503; 7/17/03 3-Night Bahamian Cruise Stateroom 2605; 12/27/03 7-night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Stateroom 2105; 07/08/04 3-Night Bahamian Cruise Stateroom 6094; 07/04/09 7-Nigh Eastern Caribbean Cruise Stateroom 5020
floridaminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

Thanks, I'll be putting in another complaint.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #6
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

What an odd thing to do...you mean they would hold up the line to take pictures of groups of people? Who were these people? Were they already in line or showed up for the pictures?
Old 06-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

You know that part where you are going through the newspaper "offices" part of the queue? At the end of that room, there is a room off to the right that they have a camera set up in. There is a team member blocking the entrance to the next room in the queue directing each group to go in and have their picture taken.

The biggest problem I have with this is that it is way beneath Universal to resort to this kind of cheap tactic directly interfering with a guest's attraction experience. Having your picture taken has no connection to what you've gotten in line for. Also, for a lot of the morning, Spiderman is a complete walk on. You walk right up to be loaded. But if you have ten groups getting in line right before you, you have to wait 15 seconds for each to go in an have their picture taken before you can proceed. This is costing me time. What caused me to complain to guest services was a team member physically touching me when I tried to pass without having my picture taken. I have never been so mad in a theme park in my life. I went straight to guest services and left the park.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #8
Bean786
DIS Veteran

Yes I hate that as well. I feel so forced.
Bean786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #9
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Tressel View Post
You know that part where you are going through the newspaper "offices" part of the queue? At the end of that room, there is a room off to the right that they have a camera set up in. There is a team member blocking the entrance to the next room in the queue directing each group to go in and have their picture taken.

The biggest problem I have with this is that it is way beneath Universal to resort to this kind of cheap tactic directly interfering with a guest's attraction experience. Having your picture taken has no connection to what you've gotten in line for. Also, for a lot of the morning, Spiderman is a complete walk on. You walk right up to be loaded. But if you have ten groups getting in line right before you, you have to wait 15 seconds for each to go in an have their picture taken before you can proceed. This is costing me time. What caused me to complain to guest services was a team member physically touching me when I tried to pass without having my picture taken. I have never been so mad in a theme park in my life. I went straight to guest services and left the park.

Ohhh, THAT's the ride (line) photo the photo person was talking to me about. Now I get it. We've only gone in with EP so we never go by that area, I guess.

Especially with the photoconnect thing and how relatively cheap it is, I bet there are a LOT of people who want that picture. I think it's going to get worse, in your eyes, not better....

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #10
cieslack
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Tressel View Post

I get the frustration, but you might want to rethink whether it was worth leaving the park. Don't sweat the small stuff. You make your complaint and you get on with the fun. I live a thousand miles from Universal. They have to throw me out at closing time...with a Flaming Moe in my hand.
cieslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #11
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

All I can say is WOW...I can't believe Universal is doing this. I agree that no team member should ever lay hands on you unless its an emergency and you did right to complain. Did they say the reason why this is happening?
Old 06-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #12
xApril
DIS Veteran

I just said politely that I'd already done the photo. Of course, it stinks when there's a bunch of groups in front of you and you have to wait until you get up there. But I found that when it's slower, they usually just stand off to the side in the room and it's your choice if you want the photo.

I tried to go on the ride yesterday, but it was down so I can't comment on an updated status of this.
xApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #13
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cieslack View Post
I get the frustration, but you might want to rethink whether it was worth leaving the park.
Just returned with my time machine. Rethought leaving the park and ended up staying. Had a great time. Thanks for the advice.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #14
saskdw
DIS Veteran

This must only happen in the regular line, because we stay onsite and have never seen this going through the Express line.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #15
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
This must only happen in the regular line, because we stay onsite and have never seen this going through the Express line.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: