Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #16
Baliezer
DIS Veteran

On the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride, after the Heffalumps and Woozles, look backwards and up. You will see Max, Buff and Melvin. The old character from the previous ride Bear Country Jamboree.
Baliezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:39 AM   #17
DisSarahK
Missing Mickey...

There is a Hidden Mickey app that works in Disneyland--have you looked at it? It is something we do when we are waiting in line...but usually we've already found the Hidden Mickeys. We were surprised by a couple in Buzz though! I have it on my iPhone as a "just in case" sort of thing, but we definitely don't walk around Disneyland with phone in hand.

One that I haven't seen anyone mention yet that my kiddos got a kick out of is in Sleeping Beauty's castle. Make sure your daughter tugs on every door. One of them will surprise her!

In Toontown, if you lean into Minnie's wishing well and talk into it, it will talk back at you. My children enjoy doing this and have taught it to other children--most people seem to just walk by the well. (Uh oh--someone else just pointed out to me that Minnie's well likely is gone now! Darn refurbs! We've been gone from DL for a year, so who knows!)

(And my children know that Snow White's Wishing Well is Mama's favorite place in all of Disneyland!)

Last edited by DisSarahK; 12-10-2012 at 12:51 PM.
DisSarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 02:03 AM   #18
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Great thread. Thanks.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:50 AM   #19
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisSarahK View Post
There is a Hidden Mickey app that works in Disneyland--have you looked at it? It is something we do when we are waiting in line...but usually we've already found the Hidden Mickeys. We were surprised by a couple in Buzz though! I have it on my iPhone as a "just in case" sort of thing, but we definitely don't walk around Disneyland with phone in hand.

One that I haven't seen anyone mention yet that my kiddos got a kick out of is in Sleeping Beauty's castle. Make sure your daughter tugs on every door. One of them will surprise her!

In Toontown, if you lean into Minnie's wishing well and talk into it, it will talk back at you. My children enjoy doing this and have taught it to other children--most people seem to just walk by the well.

(And my children know that Snow White's Wishing Well is Mama's favorite place in all of Disneyland!)
If I remember correctly, Minnie's wishing well no longer exists. She has a tea party going on there now
mysteriouspnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:01 AM   #20
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Awesome thread! Thanks!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #21
PineapplePrincessCA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies
What and where is this? Never heard of it.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #22
lucysmom
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, only one more Monday for me (can't count today since it has already started!) and this thread is making me more excited than ever. I just hope the parks are not so crowded that I can't enjoy these tips because I am printing this whole thread and taking it with us. Thank you, thank you for all of these treasures!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #23
wbl2745
I've gone over to the Silly Symphony Swings to "spin dry."

There was a question about Bill Hill and the Hillbillies. They used to be in the Golden Horseshoe, but last summer they had been moved out to Big Thunder Ranch, which is on the pathway between Big Thunder Railroad and Fantasyland. It is a country musical review with a lot of foolishness. I think that kids would love it.

Last time I was there Laughing Stock was in the Golden Horseshoe. This is a comedy troupe. They have a series of shows throughout the day that to a certain extent build on each other, but you can also see just one and it still makes sense. They are really funny. If you want to see a show in the Golden Horseshoe, think about getting there about 30 to 45 minutes early to grab a table and get lunch. They have several lunch items and some good desserts. You don't have to order anything. It isn't like a restaurant. Food is just available.

DVC Member since February 24, 2010
wbl2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #24
DisSarahK
Missing Mickey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriouspnai View Post
If I remember correctly, Minnie's wishing well no longer exists. She has a tea party going on there now
Thanks for letting me know--that's what happens when you've been away from Disneyland for a year...I get all out of touch with the good stuff. Good thing we're going back in two months!

DisSarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #25
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone for all the awesome "little things" that we should not miss. I am going to go back and reread everyone's posts and make a list for when we are there. I have read about the Bill Hill and the Hillbillies and are already planning on watching them, and we were already planning on having lunch at The Golden Horseshoe (their menu looks really good) so we will have to take in the show there as well. I can't tell you how excited I am after reading everyone's posts, these hidden gems are what makes Disney so unique and awesome .

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #26
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineapplePrincessCA View Post
What and where is this? Never heard of it.
It was so much better to see the perform in the Golden Horseshoe. I hope they return. Laughing Stock needs to be moved outside instead. Just my two cents.
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:43 AM   #27
jlima
Beep Beep!

In Cars Land, look into the lobby of the Cozy Cone motel; and look at the shelves with all of the cones; on each end cap there are toy cones - one with Buzz peeking from below and one that's a wind-up toy with Buzz, Rex and Ham's feet walking under the cones. Just cute.

Port Orleans Nov 91 (Honeymoon!) • Dolphin Nov 99 • Dolphin & 7 day Magic cruise July 01 • HRH & Poly June 04 • HRH May 05 • West Coast Magic Cruise June 05 • HRH Sept 06 • Wilderness Lodge July 07 • West Coast Magic Cruise June 08 • HRH & Coronado Springs Dec 08 • HRH, Wilderness Lodge & 6 day Christmas Magic Cruise '11 • DL AP holder since 1989!!
jlima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:57 AM   #28
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

We just got back, and really enjoyed the Trolley/Newsies performance in Buena Vista Street and 5 and Dime (same place)... managed to see them each twice since we were at FF&P often for some Starbucks... such fun!

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: