Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #46
ols386
I want to live at Disney World!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfd25wife View Post
I wondered if it was Outback. I haven't had bad service, but they have always told me that their cooks cook a level more than you request so request rarer than you like, and they get it right. That seems silly, IMO. If you know they overcook them, retrain the cooks, not the customers.
Exactly.
CBR October 2010, Polynesian December 2009, Wilderness Lodge September 2009, POFQ March 2009, DCL (Wonder) May 2008, Port Orleans Riverside January 2008, Contemporary Resort January 2007, Coronado Springs Resort January 2006, DCL (Wonder) February 2005, POP April 2004, Grand Floridian November 2003, Caribbean Beach Resort March 2002, DCL (Magic) March 2001, Various Visits During Past 15 Years
ols386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #47
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyoffive View Post
OP, this is on you. Who willingly waits 2 hours to be seated? New place, holiday dining season, not a recipe for a great meal. Give the place a couple of months and try again. As for calling corporate, what exactly do you want out of it?
Personally, I would want the manager to be retrained so that a future visit may be enjoyable. How will corporate know that needs to be done if nobody tells them?
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #48
mrsstats
Sure sister's cat is as big as a mountain lion
Listens to AM every day

Send an email to the corporate office
mrsstats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #49
familyoffive
DIS Veteran

Sorry, yes the op has listed a bad experience and the manager removed the missing items. There is no way of knowing if a glass was accidently broken/chipped at a table or if the guest is looking for a comped meal. As I stated, waiting 2 hours to be seated would be too long for me. OP, if you don't like it, don't go back. Those suggesting contacting corporate are those who look for comped meals and that is something that just shouldn't be expected. Would it be nice, yes, required, no. If this is a new location, give them some slack. For those of you advocating how your individual business would handle it, this isn't your personal business so I don't understand expecting how another business should handle it your way.
familyoffive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #50
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.bungle View Post
So the bartender made you a fresh martini at the bar and you still expected it for free? Sounds like they made it right and you should have paid for one martini, not zero.
Disagree. This wasn't a drink not made correctly. It was a drink served in a glass that cut the customer.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #51
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyoffive View Post
Sorry, yes the op has listed a bad experience and the manager removed the missing items. There is no way of knowing if a glass was accidently broken/chipped at a table or if the guest is looking for a comped meal. As I stated, waiting 2 hours to be seated would be too long for me. OP, if you don't like it, don't go back. Those suggesting contacting corporate are those who look for comped meals and that is something that just shouldn't be expected. Would it be nice, yes, required, no. If this is a new location, give them some slack. For those of you advocating how your individual business would handle it, this isn't your personal business so I don't understand expecting how another business should handle it your way.
As it is not your personal business, yet you have a view on how it should have been handled. I don't see the difference.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #52
mikehn
DIS Veteran

Hmmm

Lone star
Outback
Longhorn
Saltgrass
Logan's
Texas roadhouse

??
mikehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #53
Hillbeans
If you're bored, please read a book or watch TV...TFs are scared of eyebrowless people
Pulled an "Agony of Defeat" at the mall
"I told them that I liked Michael Bolton!"

I used to be a bartender and hearing you cut your mouth on a glass makes me think the person making drinks is scooping ice with the martini glasses - Huge mistake!

Anyway, I digress...not only did you get poor service from the bartender, but you did from the server and manager as well. All around horrible experience, and i'd send a note to corporate. I am not one to send back food or complain much but this meal sounds like a complete disaster from start to finish. I am still trying to comprehend how you had to wait an hour and then another hour...unless this was just call ahead seating and your actual wait was 2 hours from the start and not just one.
1977 - 1st Trip, 1982, 2nd Trip & EPCOT, 2003 - AKL, 2004 2 trips - Marriott World and POFQ, July 2005 - Grand Gathering - Emerald Isle - Coronado, Beach Club Villas, Dolphin - Mar/Apr 2007 - Mom's meet June '08, Grand Gathering # 2 - July '08 - Bought DVC July '08- First DVC trip to BWV June '09 - AKV Jambo Poly 2010, BCV June 2011, Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise 11/2012, Disney Magic 11/2/14
Hillbeans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #54
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

I would write to corporate with your experience. I had to do it once with a chain in our area as service was unacceptable & we had had great experience with the chain in other areas. They did make it right for us & we remain customers. Corporate deserves a chance to make up for the poor service you received from the manager, server & bartender. Corporate should also set out to retrain their employees. I hope your lip is ok and doesn't need further treatment. Management should have taken care of your dinner when you were injuired in their establishment by their dinnerware to prevent problems.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #55
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfd25wife View Post
I wondered if it was Outback. I haven't had bad service, but they have always told me that their cooks cook a level more than you request so request rarer than you like, and they get it right. That seems silly, IMO. If you know they overcook them, retrain the cooks, not the customers.
I don't know why but it always seems like it's a 2+ hr wait at Outbacks I've been to and than never fails something in the order was screwed up. I couldn't tell you last time I was in an Outback and I couldn't even tell you where one is around here.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #56
mr.bungle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
Disagree. This wasn't a drink not made correctly. It was a drink served in a glass that cut the customer.
I suppose it depends on how large/visible the imperfection in the glass was. If the customer didn't see it until it was too late, how would a busy bartender see it? I see a lot of folks disagreeing with my previous post but a broken glass is pretty easy to miss and obviously it was missed by the person drinking out of said glass. I think a re-make of the drink was sufficient. Why does it need to be free? Unless there was a large visible, obvious imperfection in the glass I don't think the bar needs to be comping drinks. I can agree with the rest of the issues in the OP but I can't put my finger on it - I wouldn't expect both drinks for free unless it was an obvious mistake.
mr.bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #57
tiffjoy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.bungle

I suppose it depends on how large/visible the imperfection in the glass was. If the customer didn't see it until it was too late, how would a busy bartender see it? I see a lot of folks disagreeing with my previous post but a broken glass is pretty easy to miss and obviously it was missed by the person drinking out of said glass. I think a re-make of the drink was sufficient. Why does it need to be free? Unless there was a large visible, obvious imperfection in the glass I don't think the bar needs to be comping drinks. I can agree with the rest of the issues in the OP but I can't put my finger on it - I wouldn't expect both drinks for free unless it was an obvious mistake.
Just because it was am accident doesn't mean they shouldn't do their very best to make it right.

By the way, one comped drink costs a restaurant almost nothing. One unhappy customer never returning and telling friends, well, that can end up costing an awful lot.

WDW Trips: First trip January 2004! 1/2005, 1/2006, 2/2006, 1/2007, 12/2010, 1/2013
DLR Trips: First trip January 2006! 9/2007, 8/2010, 9/2011, 9/2012, 4/2013, 12/2013

Upcoming:
DLR August 2014 for 5 days for DD4's 5th birthday
WDW January 2015 for 4 days for DD2's 3rd birthday
tiffjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #58
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.bungle View Post
First let me state that on one issue you are right, this is simply how my family's restuarant ran.

We are responsible for the presentation and delivery of a quality product. Now in my world "quality" products do not injure or harm my patrons. Now whether or not the glass had an "imperfection" which If it did I will take that up with the vendor at a later time IMO is moot. A guest in my establishment was harmed by at item I gave them and which they had a resonable right to expect could be used without resulting in blood letting.

Now once again, you're right different places run their businesses differently. As I said before my dad, grandad and uncle were obsessed almost to the point of being fanatical about delivery excellent customer serve. The nanosecnd diner was cut, people would have been sliding into her table like baseball players stealing home to make sure every remaining aspect of her night was perfect. NO way would we have quibbled over another 8 dollar martini.

Now chain restuarants are a bit different animals in that they have deeper pockets that can weather bad PR (Denny's come to mind). Owning an Independant eateries can be and usually is more volatile, so many things can sink you. Todays it's even worse with review sites like tripadvisor, citysearch and yelp. I can only imagine the heart attacks my pop would have had, if a story like op's made it into a yelp review. Sweet Lord!!

Last edited by eliza61; 12-10-2012 at 07:05 AM.
eliza61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #59
mhsjax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
First let me state that on one issue you are right, this is simply how my family's restuarant ran.

We are responsible for the presentation and delivery of a quality product. Now in my world "quality" products do not injure or harm my patrons. Now whether or not the glass had an "imperfection" which If it did I will take that up with the vendor at a later time IMO is moot. A guest in my establishment was harmed by at item I gave them and which they had a resonable right to expect could be used without resulting in blood letting.

Now once again, you're right different places run their businesses differently. As I said before my dad, grandad and uncle were obsessed almost to the point of being fanatical about delivery excellent customer serve. The nanosecnd diner was cut, people would have been sliding into her table like baseball players stealing home to make sure every remaining aspect of her night was perfect. NO way would we have quibbled over another 8 dollar martini.

Now chain restuarants are a bit different animals in that they have deeper pockets that can weather bad PR (Denny's come to mind). Owning an Independant eateries can be and usually is more volatile, so many things can sink you. Todays it's even worse with review sites like tripadvisor, citysearch and yelp. I can only imagine the heart attacks my pop would have had, if a story like op's made it into a yelp review. Sweet Lord!!
We have very dear friends that own a restaurant, have for years. This is how they treat their customers. And in a world of failing business, and restaurants, it is impossible to show up at theirs without a reservation, you won't get in. There was a time when you could but not now. Obviously your family and this family, know how to do it.
mhsjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #60
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire14 View Post
I don't know why but it always seems like it's a 2+ hr wait at Outbacks I've been to and than never fails something in the order was screwed up. I couldn't tell you last time I was in an Outback and I couldn't even tell you where one is around here.
Our Outback is excellent. We've always had great service, our food is prepared properly, and there's a reasonable wait.

I will add that it is the only restaurant around here in which I haven't had to send a hamburger back -- seems like the latest thing around here is to ignore the "well done" request and serve a customer a hamburger that's actually raw on the inside.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: