Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #16
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
A chain you say? Time to call corporate.
Agreed.

What a terrible experience!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #17
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy B View Post
Once they said it would be an hour after you called ahead, I would be walking out. End of story.

I wouldn't wait at the bar, dealt with any poor steaks- just left.

That is why I only go to places with set reservations. We have a plethera of restaurants in our area- and I would have found one with set reservations- and left!
Yep--anything I'm waiting 2 hours for, it better be a line where they're handing out money at the end of it. I'm definitely not waiting 2 hours for a meal at a chain steakhouse.

IMHO that was a big red flag the whole experience would be off, too.
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #18
trip
family trip planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnrose View Post
And this is why I never go to "new" restaurants for at least a month or two after they are open. There is definitely a shake out period.

That being said, the manager's response was not acceptable. He ought to have comped your meal from the get go.
I also won't go to a new restaurant until it has been open a couple of months. New management team, new staff, new back of the house leads to confusion. It takes a while to become a team and work out the kinks.

But, I agree that the manager should have comped your meal.
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #19
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnrose View Post
And this is why I never go to "new" restaurants for at least a month or two after they are open. There is definitely a shake out period.
My brother-in-law has a 1 year rule. Refuses to eat anywhere new for a year because he's afraid he'll have a bad experience & never want to go back
Old 12-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #20
mr.bungle
DIS Veteran

So the bartender made you a fresh martini at the bar and you still expected it for free? Sounds like they made it right and you should have paid for one martini, not zero.
mr.bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #21
clarkshel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4

My brother-in-law has a 1 year rule. Refuses to eat anywhere new for a year because he's afraid he'll have a bad experience & never want to go back
In my experience with new restaurants, they are good for the first year or so, then they get worst. Worst with service and food quality. Not all of the ones I have tried, but a high amount have been.
clarkshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #22
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.bungle View Post
So the bartender made you a fresh martini at the bar and you still expected it for free? Sounds like they made it right and you should have paid for one martini, not zero.
I'm not normally one to beg for freebees, but I think a free drink would be in order after being served a drink in a broken glass.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #23
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
So her compensation for being served her drink in a broken glass that wound up cutting her would be nothing? Interesting.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #24
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
You cut your mouth on their glass that they served to you that was broken and you really think you should pay for the corrected drink? The manager should have not only comped the corrected drink, but should have comped her dinner as well. You don't serve people in a broken glass. Thats sloppy, careless, and a liability risk. That manager should have been jumping through hoops trying to smooth that one over.

DH and co-workers were having dinner at a pretty high end restaurant. The heavy oak bar table that they were sitting at all of a sudden collasped - it was the kind where it's a round top on a pedistal. Caught and smashed DH's hand as it went down. Not only were they comped what they were eating or drinking at the time, but DH was given a gift card to come back. It wasn't asked for but the manager was insistant that he take it. Now that's good customer service.
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #25
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Wow, you guys have a lot of patience. I would have NEVER waited that long to be seated.

That said, I think you were comped properly but it would have been a good gesture had the manager given you a $25 gift certificate for another visit. That gets YOU back in the restaurant when things are going better and it makes up a bit for the horrible inconvenience.

I also try not to go to new restaurants. We had a PF Changs open near my house about 3 months ago. I've been twice. It's fine but it's still not running smoothly in my opinion.

Another chain just opened also and the nice thing that did was that for the first week they were open, they offered 50% of all food process while they were "training." I think that's a great idea. Gets people in, lets them know they are "training", and keeps the prices low at a time they know there will be screw ups.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #26
Domo
DIS Veteran

Good grief! That sounds awful! DEFINITELY not one for a return visit! The glass incident on it's own would warrant that occasion being labelled the experience from hell!

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Domo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #27
Kathryn Merteuil
Barden Bella

I agree, call corporate.
Kathryn Merteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #28
Swimnoid
DIS Veteran

I don't know how bad your lip was cut but they should have been falling all over you trying to prevent a lawsuit.
Swimnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #29
shortbun
Peacenik

Sorry you had that bad experience. I would have walked out when I cut my lip on the glass and they didn't offer to pay for my drink. That was a BIG flashing sign saying, "something is very wrong here!" What chef cooks steaks to well done at a steak restaurant. Anyone worth their salt in a restaurant specializing in meat would be doing everything to medium rare unless instructed. I agree, call corporate. Be ready to explain why you kept basically begging to be mistreated though, lol! j/k

USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE IT DO OR DO WITHOUT.

IF YOUR UPKEEP EXCEEDS YOUR INCOME THEN YOUR OUTGO WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL.
shortbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #30
ronandannette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janepod View Post
I agree. It's unfortunate that all these things happened, but I think the management's response was appropriate.
Yes, appropriate if this restaurant's mission statement includes discouraging repeat business. Exactly what good thing did the manager accomplish here? This is the HOSPITALITY industry, and an extremely competitive one at that. Being honest now, who that has replied to this thread would EVER go back to that restaurant and if so why?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: