Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #1
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer

Charging to the room

OK so I know you can use your Key to the World to charge dining and shopping back to the room. My question is are there things you can not charge? Specifically thinking of the $75 gift cards that are available in the Parks only. Will they let you buy a gift caard and charge it to your room? I would understand if you can't but if not I want to make sure I have the cash with me.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyMB View Post
OK so I know you can use your Key to the World to charge dining and shopping back to the room. My question is are there things you can not charge? Specifically thinking of the $75 gift cards that are available in the Parks only. Will they let you buy a gift caard and charge it to your room? I would understand if you can't but if not I want to make sure I have the cash with me.
I don't like having to carry cash around the parks or bulky wallet so I buy Gift Cards in the resort store, using cash or my debit card. I also don't want Visa bills when I get home, so don't use my kttw card for charging. I also like the gift cards because its easy to keep track of your spending. You get a receipt with your balance after each purchase. I get 2 GCs one for dining, and one for suvies.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
B-Ride
Getting My Disney Fix

You can put pretty well everything on your card.

I don't believe bribes to cast members to move you to the front of the line are accepted on the card.
Disneyland Grand Californian 2014
B-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
raven69david
I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

You CANNOT charge gift cards to your room card. I tried this on 12/6 to buy a $75.00 gift card to get the special gift that came with it only to be told that it cannot be done via room charge. I then gave the CM my debit card and purchased the $75.00 gift card. You can use any other form of payment such as credit card, debit card or cash.

Having said that, I put my debit card on file and do 99.99999% of my purchases on room charge. That way I have an itemized bill at the end of the trip of all of my purchases with an exact total of how much I spent. If I were on a budget, which I never am lol, then I'd check the folio charges daily when you return to your hotel to see what your balance is. I just got back last night and I can tell you that we spent $627.44 for our 8 days trip to AoA and did all the signature dining places and brought back a suitcase filled with souvenirs.
1997-2003: Off-site, 2004: DD born ; missed this year, 2005: SoG for MVMCP, 2006: AKLSV for Magical Beginnings, 2007: ASMo/AKLSV for MVMCP, 2008: CSR for Surprise Trip in August, 2008: AKLSV/CR/POP for MVMCP, December 2008May 2009: Pop/AKLSV, August 2009: POFQ/WL-CL, December 2009: AKLSV for MVMCP Too many since then to list and WAYYY tttoooooooo many more to go.............
raven69david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven69david
You CANNOT charge gift cards to your room card. I tried this on 12/6 to buy a $75.00 gift card to get the special gift that came with it only to be told that it cannot be done via room charge. I then gave the CM my debit card and purchased the $75.00 gift card. You can use any other form of payment such as credit card, debit card or cash..
Thank you so much. That is exactly what I was asking about. That is just one of the reasons I love this board.🎄

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: